Reed vs Polamalu

Originally Posted by Greezee

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

but Ed Reed is one of, if not THE best defensive playmaker of all-time. 

NOT EVEN TOP 10
Could you list out those 10 other dudes ahead of him please?  Thanks. 

Dude said playmaker. Here is a possible list in no order except for #1

1.Lawrence Taylor
2.Deion Sanders
3.Ronnie Lott
4.Ray Lewis
5.Junior
6.Mike Singletary
7.Rod Woodson
8.Youngblood
9.Reggie White
10.Richard Dent

You're welcome.

You must consider tackles to be "making plays"  I think taking the ball away is a tad better then tackles and sacks.  So go ahead and move White, Dent, Seau, Youngblood, Singletary, and Lewis on down the list.  I agree with Deion, I'll let Rod slide, I think I can live with LT I consider his plays just flat "different"  Maaaaaaybe Lott, I dunno about that, but I wouldn't complain. 

So I'm lettin you have 4-5, now go ahead and name those other 5 for me. 
happy.gif

NOT EVEN TOP 10

1.Lawrence Taylor
2.Deion Sanders
3.Ronnie Lott
4.Ray Lewis
5.Junior
6.Mike Singletary
7.Rod Woodson
8.Youngblood
9.Reggie White
10.Richard Dent

You're welcome.

You must consider tackles to be "making plays"  I think taking the ball away is a tad better then tackles and sacks.  So go ahead and move White, Dent, Seau, Youngblood, Singletary, and Lewis on down the list.  I agree with Deion, I'll let Rod slide, I think I can live with LT I consider his plays just flat "different"  Maaaaaaybe Lott, I dunno about that, but I wouldn't complain. 

happy.gif

Originally Posted by krazy88s

He said in no order though.
grin.gif
Come on bro, I don't care about no damn order, he said all 10 were above Ed in terms of playmakers.  Half those dudes were not.  Whatever order, don't matter. 

Originally Posted by krazy88s

He said in no order though.
grin.gif
Come on bro, I don't care about no damn order, he said all 10 were above Ed in terms of playmakers.  Half those dudes were not.  Whatever order, don't matter. 

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

My man C-Wood has 8 more Forced Fumbles than Ray Lewis.
pimp.gif
He make plays.

Ok, Ill go.
I would listen to Woodson arguments actually.  He does make a @#$% load of plays all over the field.  I dunno if I put him over Ed, but I'd listen. 

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

My man C-Wood has 8 more Forced Fumbles than Ray Lewis.
pimp.gif
He make plays.

Ok, Ill go.
I would listen to Woodson arguments actually.  He does make a @#$% load of plays all over the field.  I dunno if I put him over Ed, but I'd listen. 

laugh.gif
How are you gonna say he's "most definitely" one of the best playmakers of all-time...then say there's no way in hell he's top 10?

He's tied with Darren Sharper w/13 TD's and only Deion, Ronde Barber and Rod Woodson have scored more.
Deion and Woodson both played 17 seasons, while Barber and Sharper just finished their 14th. Ed just finished his 9th.
Reed is also the first person in NFL history to return an interception, punt, blocked punt, and fumble for a touchdown

C'mon son.

You're trying to get laughs now. C'mon son. I can say he's "Most definitely" one of the best playmakers of all time and mean that. That's a sweeping statement.
Reggie Miller "MOST DEFINITELY" one of the best players of all time. Does that mean he's top 10? No it doesn't. Be mores specific on what you say. Should
you have said best DB/Safety then you would have had a stronger ground to stand on. You didn't. You said playmaker.

laugh.gif
How are you gonna say he's "most definitely" one of the best playmakers of all-time...then say there's no way in hell he's top 10?

He's tied with Darren Sharper w/13 TD's and only Deion, Ronde Barber and Rod Woodson have scored more.
Deion and Woodson both played 17 seasons, while Barber and Sharper just finished their 14th. Ed just finished his 9th.
Reed is also the first person in NFL history to return an interception, punt, blocked punt, and fumble for a touchdown

C'mon son.

You're trying to get laughs now. C'mon son. I can say he's "Most definitely" one of the best playmakers of all time and mean that. That's a sweeping statement.
Reggie Miller "MOST DEFINITELY" one of the best players of all time. Does that mean he's top 10? No it doesn't. Be mores specific on what you say. Should
you have said best DB/Safety then you would have had a stronger ground to stand on. You didn't. You said playmaker.

Oh, well. As a Steelers fan, as long as he and his finish behind the Steelers every year I don't care. He can have the defensive stats and the ohs and ahhs. Just keep failing in big moments.

Oh, well. As a Steelers fan, as long as he and his finish behind the Steelers every year I don't care. He can have the defensive stats and the ohs and ahhs. Just keep failing in big moments.

happy.gif

So you are debunking his opinion based on YOUR opinion,
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

$$%+, that's why I can't take you seriously...
laugh.gif

Sucks for all those DLinemen and Linebackers will never be considered top playmakers just because their job hardly allows them to take the ball away.

happy.gif

So you are debunking his opinion based on YOUR opinion,
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

$$%+, that's why I can't take you seriously...
laugh.gif

Sucks for all those DLinemen and Linebackers will never be considered top playmakers just because their job hardly allows them to take the ball away.

NOT EVEN TOP 10

1.Lawrence Taylor
2.Deion Sanders
3.Ronnie Lott
4.Ray Lewis
5.Junior
6.Mike Singletary
7.Rod Woodson
8.Youngblood
9.Reggie White
10.Richard Dent

You're welcome.

happy.gif

CP you actually explained yourself and I commend that. The other guys just want laughs. Now, a tackle/sack can take the ball away it's just a bit different than a pick. Those two things prevent the ball from forward progression. That's another convo though. OP should have specified to DB/S and things would be different. I'm not naming another 5.

NOT EVEN TOP 10

1.Lawrence Taylor
2.Deion Sanders
3.Ronnie Lott
4.Ray Lewis
5.Junior
6.Mike Singletary
7.Rod Woodson
8.Youngblood
9.Reggie White
10.Richard Dent

You're welcome.

happy.gif

CP you actually explained yourself and I commend that. The other guys just want laughs. Now, a tackle/sack can take the ball away it's just a bit different than a pick. Those two things prevent the ball from forward progression. That's another convo though. OP should have specified to DB/S and things would be different. I'm not naming another 5.

I don't have the energy for it CP.
laugh.gif

Comparing stats though... 7 less INT's than Reed, 12 more FF's than Reed, 4 more touchdowns than Reed, 50 more tackles than Reed (tackles stat taken since 2002... For some reason NFL.com doesn't have Chucks tackle stats to that point...)

Ahh well. Ill save myself for when people are talkin bout Woodson and Hall of Fame status. His 2006-present campaign has made him quite a case for Canton.

I don't have the energy for it CP.
laugh.gif

Comparing stats though... 7 less INT's than Reed, 12 more FF's than Reed, 4 more touchdowns than Reed, 50 more tackles than Reed (tackles stat taken since 2002... For some reason NFL.com doesn't have Chucks tackle stats to that point...)

Ahh well. Ill save myself for when people are talkin bout Woodson and Hall of Fame status. His 2006-present campaign has made him quite a case for Canton.

NOT EVEN TOP 10

1.Lawrence Taylor
2.Deion Sanders
3.Ronnie Lott
4.Ray Lewis
5.Junior
6.Mike Singletary
7.Rod Woodson
8.Youngblood
9.Reggie White
10.Richard Dent

You're welcome.

happy.gif

I certainly hear that a big sack or something could LEAD to a punt (like a takeaway) but the same thing could also be you get a sack on second down, and on third down the team converts and keeps the ball.  Know what I mean?  The percentage certainly lean towards a sack ending a drive, but it's not the same as an actual play that in facts takes the ball away. 

If I'm not mistake, Reed got some blocked punts on his resume as well don't he?  I might be off on that, but I thought I remember him blockin a couple. 

Fraij I hear ya on Charles, like I said, I think a solid case could be made for the guy.  And I agree with the HOF status.  

Iron, I asked him to name the guys, I disagreed and spoke on it, and he came back, I didn't banish him to the depths of hell or anything so I dunno what you gigglin about.  But don't take me seriously, thas just fine. 
laugh.gif

NOT EVEN TOP 10

1.Lawrence Taylor
2.Deion Sanders
3.Ronnie Lott
4.Ray Lewis
5.Junior
6.Mike Singletary
7.Rod Woodson
8.Youngblood
9.Reggie White
10.Richard Dent

You're welcome.

happy.gif

I certainly hear that a big sack or something could LEAD to a punt (like a takeaway) but the same thing could also be you get a sack on second down, and on third down the team converts and keeps the ball.  Know what I mean?  The percentage certainly lean towards a sack ending a drive, but it's not the same as an actual play that in facts takes the ball away. 

If I'm not mistake, Reed got some blocked punts on his resume as well don't he?  I might be off on that, but I thought I remember him blockin a couple. 

Fraij I hear ya on Charles, like I said, I think a solid case could be made for the guy.  And I agree with the HOF status.  

Iron, I asked him to name the guys, I disagreed and spoke on it, and he came back, I didn't banish him to the depths of hell or anything so I dunno what you gigglin about.  But don't take me seriously, thas just fine. 
laugh.gif

NOT EVEN TOP 10

1.Lawrence Taylor
2.Deion Sanders
3.Ronnie Lott
4.Ray Lewis
5.Junior
6.Mike Singletary
7.Rod Woodson
8.Youngblood
9.Reggie White
10.Richard Dent

You're welcome.

happy.gif

I hear you loud and clear. Try this on. What about a tackle/sack that causes a fumble? Is that not taking the ball away? What about a LB or d-lineman that tips a pass and causes
it to get intercepted? Is that not taking the ball away? That is considered playmaking also is it not? Maybe I'm thinking to much into this but I stand by what I said. No beef at all.
You're actually explaining yourself instead of going for the lulz.

Back
Top Bottom