Reggie Miller is not a first ballot Hall of Famer

Originally Posted by DubA169

ray allen has the hardware because he bounced and played with 2 hall of famers
QFT...That's why the rings argument is just so flawed, he was the 3rd best player on a team that won once, that one factor is the decider in the actual HOF resume? ******ed.

ray allen has the hardware because he bounced and played with 2 hall of famers
QFT...That's why the rings argument is just so flawed, he was the 3rd best player on a team that won once, that one factor is the decider in the actual HOF resume? ******ed.

reggie shoulda been 1st ballot, no doubt... best player in pacers history, leading scorer of that franchise, olympic games gold, all star and one of the most clutch players in the history of the game..

reggie shoulda been 1st ballot, no doubt... best player in pacers history, leading scorer of that franchise, olympic games gold, all star and one of the most clutch players in the history of the game..

As mUch as it hurts me to say as a die hard Knicks fan and actually watching Reggie kill us every year, dude def deserves hof regardless

As mUch as it hurts me to say as a die hard Knicks fan and actually watching Reggie kill us every year, dude def deserves hof regardless

Originally Posted by ninjahood

it's ridiculous that voters actually sit down and think"is he a first ballot hall of famer?" instead of "is he a hall of fame basketball player?"

watch ray allen gets in on the first one.

Ray allen got da hardware.
Lol, Ray Allen is not to the celtics what Reggie was to the Pacers. Not even close. Duke shot 40% from 3, got to the conference finals with Antonio Davis, and Rik Smits.
I think this was more than numbers though, Reggie was clutch, and so he lost to Jordan. Everyone did. They got this one wrong.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

it's ridiculous that voters actually sit down and think"is he a first ballot hall of famer?" instead of "is he a hall of fame basketball player?"

watch ray allen gets in on the first one.

Ray allen got da hardware.
Lol, Ray Allen is not to the celtics what Reggie was to the Pacers. Not even close. Duke shot 40% from 3, got to the conference finals with Antonio Davis, and Rik Smits.
I think this was more than numbers though, Reggie was clutch, and so he lost to Jordan. Everyone did. They got this one wrong.

if chris mullin can be on that list and even ralph sampson, then reggie should be on it as well.. he had more accolades than both of them combined. besides mullin was already inducted as a member of the dreamteam

if chris mullin can be on that list and even ralph sampson, then reggie should be on it as well.. he had more accolades than both of them combined. besides mullin was already inducted as a member of the dreamteam

Originally Posted by NobleKane

NooEra wrote:

Never liked Reggie's ugly $%+ anyway
are you trying to $#!$ reggie miller? if not why does it matter that hes ugly?

roll.gif
U seem mad . Relax, it was a joke
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I'm surprised with all the support for Reggie on NT. I think he's barely a HOF'er let alone first ballot.
lol

Yup. Sounds crazy, but I won't ever consider him an all-time great. 

His career peaked in a newly Jordan-less NBA that was in quick search for a replacement superstar. Same year, mind you, that they shortened the distance for three pointers. He was only All-NBA third team those years. The highest he ever got.

Made his career by being very good at the free throw line and of course shooting (and making) threes. Became the best in this category in a relatively new statistical category for the NBA having only been introduced to the league seven years prior to Miller's arrival.

I just don't see it. He is a second option at best on any championship team. One fluky run to the Finals won't sway my opinion (Played an 8 seeded NYK in the Eastern Conference Finals). After all, it was the first real season from Jordan's second departure, and a balance of power transferring to the Western Conference.

Right place at the right time for Miller's career.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I'm surprised with all the support for Reggie on NT. I think he's barely a HOF'er let alone first ballot.
lol

Yup. Sounds crazy, but I won't ever consider him an all-time great. 

His career peaked in a newly Jordan-less NBA that was in quick search for a replacement superstar. Same year, mind you, that they shortened the distance for three pointers. He was only All-NBA third team those years. The highest he ever got.

Made his career by being very good at the free throw line and of course shooting (and making) threes. Became the best in this category in a relatively new statistical category for the NBA having only been introduced to the league seven years prior to Miller's arrival.

I just don't see it. He is a second option at best on any championship team. One fluky run to the Finals won't sway my opinion (Played an 8 seeded NYK in the Eastern Conference Finals). After all, it was the first real season from Jordan's second departure, and a balance of power transferring to the Western Conference.

Right place at the right time for Miller's career.

Some of the nonsense that get's spouted on here.

that was in quick search for a replacement superstar. Same year, mind you, that they shortened the distance for three pointers

Became the best in this category in a relatively new statistical category for the NBA having only been introduced to the league seven years prior to Miller's arrival.

You think you're being analytical but you're just being foolish. He put the ball in the damn hoop. A lot. Period. 

only All-NBA third team
being named one of the 15 best basketball players on the planet. no biggy.

fluky run to the Finals

Blithering idiots are embarrassed by you.

Reggie = First Ballot.

They messed up.

Some of the nonsense that get's spouted on here.

that was in quick search for a replacement superstar. Same year, mind you, that they shortened the distance for three pointers

Became the best in this category in a relatively new statistical category for the NBA having only been introduced to the league seven years prior to Miller's arrival.

You think you're being analytical but you're just being foolish. He put the ball in the damn hoop. A lot. Period. 

only All-NBA third team
being named one of the 15 best basketball players on the planet. no biggy.

fluky run to the Finals

Blithering idiots are embarrassed by you.

Reggie = First Ballot.

They messed up.

Reggie miller used to be my favorite player and i was the biggest pacer fan.
but he was in his prime during Jordans reign of terror in the east.

no one could eat. NO ONE.

so... u know how can u be HOF by NOT reaching the finals?

i love dude, but he didnt do anything too awesome.
3s sure..... but he always took an L when i was wearing his jersey.

Reggie miller used to be my favorite player and i was the biggest pacer fan.
but he was in his prime during Jordans reign of terror in the east.

no one could eat. NO ONE.

so... u know how can u be HOF by NOT reaching the finals?

i love dude, but he didnt do anything too awesome.
3s sure..... but he always took an L when i was wearing his jersey.

Back
Top Bottom