remaining friends with your exes.

Originally Posted by proper english

depends on the situation..
like my new avy?

and yes i do
laugh.gif

All my breakups have either been bad, or I wasn't that attached to them to begin with if we didn't see each other for a long
time or anything. So either I have wanted nothing to do with my ex's, or I just don't care to be involved with them.

I am friends with mine.

I think that's more so because we were friends to begin with and the respect is still there.

Originally Posted by proper english

depends on the situation..
like my new avy?

your avy got that Benjamin Button swag, guess i havn't been  here long enough to see the
Image074.jpg

Originally Posted by Slim

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

wut

laugh.gif

seriously, tho. why bother? smashing isn't a good enough excuse because there's better box in the sea.. not to mention, new box.
Yea, but at the time, it might not just be a phone call away.

Stop the nonsense. P is P. *%+@ might come in handy some day.

Still friends with most of them....except 1......she was crazy as %#$%
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by gambit215

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

because not everyone's relationship ends badly...some people break up for other reasons

other than dying...........please tell me how you break up with a woman and it ends up "cool"................Inquiring minds what to know...........

"waiting for the hogwash"........
roll.gif
roll.gif

Not to mention, if you with a new broad and you tell her that you are friends with your ex, how do you avoid a "situation"?
laugh.gif
feel bad for you, man. must've grown up learning about relationships from tv and movies.
Your empathy for me provided no answers. is it because you have none? 

And please dont tell me she was your "girlfriend" like writing notes and holding hands. I mean you were smashing, taking her out, buying gifts and all of a sudden you weren't "happy", please give me an example of what could happen where she will put up with you, no dramatic nonsense either (accident, deployed from the army, found out you're gay)

Sorry but unless it's for ex-girlfriend rebound relations, I'm not even going to consider.
In the past when I was younger, I entertained the thought and even attempted to maintaining a "friendship" with these exs, but it never works out.

Someone catches feelings especially when the other person has someone new in the picture. What's worst is when you give it a second shot, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth (pause and pun intended).

Strangely enough, there's one girl I dated (wasn't an ex) but we remain... "extremely distant acquaintances." She's respectful (broke off dating on good terms) and occasionally FB stalks on my life, every now and then. Yet, it's still awkward for me.

wut

laugh.gif

seriously, tho. why bother? smashing isn't a good enough excuse because there's better box in the sea.. not to mention, new box.
since i'm not going to front and act like I can get GREAT new box whenever I want, old great box > mediocre new box and old great box >>>> no box at all

I'm cool with all of my exes. Why not be? If the person was in your life before and actually meant something, that should always remain. But maybe thats just my simple logic

Originally Posted by Juice man

I'm cool with all of my exes. Why not be? If the person was in your life before and actually meant something, that should always remain. But maybe thats just my simple logic

yea thats your opinion. It depends on the girl I think. But for me hell no, I dont want to see/ talk to that girl ever again. 

I'm super tight with a couple of my exes, we were good friends at first, realized things wouldn't work out, then became just friends again.
pimp.gif

I've burned other bridges though, some beefs just can't be seen past.

wut

laugh.gif

True that, but why not do both? Finding new prey + smashing the sexy ex >

In most cases people remain friends after a break up  because feelings still linger and one of the two parties still has hope that the relationship will rekindle...therefore they settle for just a sexual relationship or any contact at all.  The only cease in which people can remain friends is when it was a mutual break-up that ended because the two people were never really in love or the feelings were not that strong.

At least immediately...time changes things though.  I could see time passing and things changing, but if you were seriously in love with someone and invested time with that person and it didn't pan out how you both had planned....remaining friends is rather difficult. 

Back
Top Bottom