Remember the hype of the Dead Serious Hoody? Whatever happened to LRG?

me being a herbalist, and a rastaman... i liked the roots line when the brand came out in the beginning i stopped wearing any of the shirts after that period.... the jeans are cool,,, i own and wear quite a few

Where's the Jordan hoody with his face on it?? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ben baller had a lot to do with the promotion of lrg at least on NT, his og ballin $+@ pictures with jonas had people goin craAaaAaaazy

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

what story was it ere dude said he swaggin in school and people were yelling to him...

"ZIP IT UP! ZIP IT UP!"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back then LRG felt like an educated progressive brand.
There were real thought provoking messages on their shirts. Example, one of my first shirts from them said "Creative Currency Creates Destiny"
So true, amirite? But then somewhere along the lines I just COULDN'T find shirts with that type of message anymore.

All of a sudden it was an onslaught of LRG logos in like, mustard and ketchup and just really off putting grungy type style.
Not really the sophistic image that one wants to wear, you know?

Every now and then I see a simple logo shirt in a conservative color, but its just a lot more common know and doesn't have the buzz it did back then.

Originally Posted by KK Sl1der

Back then LRG felt like an educated progressive brand.
There were real thought provoking messages on their shirts. Example, one of my first shirts from them said "Creative Currency Creates Destiny"
So true, amirite? But then somewhere along the lines I just COULDN'T find shirts with that type of message anymore.

All of a sudden it was an onslaught of LRG logos in like, mustard and ketchup and just really off putting grungy type style.
Not really the sophistic image that one wants to wear, you know?

Every now and then I see a simple logo shirt in a conservative color, but its just a lot more common know and doesn't have the buzz it did back then.

I know exactly what you mean man. That's what initially attracted me to them. Everything down to their tags had a message on it. I think my first LRG purchase was their "Substance" tee. The tree bark one.

I spent 120 bucks on one that wasnt even my size...i never wore it gave to my friend...waste of money smh

Dudes thought they were hot *#+# with that joint on.

Not gonna lie, I called around to multiple stores and stalked the official DS thread hoping I could get a steal from one of the websites.

Looking back, I'm so glad I wasn't able to cop.
glasses.gif

I remember thinking this was ridiculous when it dropped and making my feelings well known on here. It was not purchased.

It's funny to see buyer's remorse now.

Also funny to see Kanye in the pic you posted. Dudes are still willing to make themselves look ridiculous based on this guy's co-sign.

LRG in and of itself had some solid pieces. I bought one of those Leaf-Camo hoodies. I still rock it to the gym or even in it if I'm cutting weight.

Before LRG blew up they had alot of nice stuff. Same thing with ecko. Then the masses start to wear it and they realized people are only buying the brand now, not the design and started to put out garbage. I still wear my ecko punisher skull shirt with rhino running through it to the gym.

I still have my Jason Hoody in an XL and i now wear a medium
laugh.gif
the mask is somewhere around the house

Back
Top Bottom