Remy Ma-shETHER***Nicki Minaj diss***

I thought Game was bad, but Arenas got him beat by writing that damn dissertation. Judging by the length of the post, that crap as YNS written all over it. No way I'm reading it. :lol:

Lol someone told him that he just wants to **** Nicki and he said "nah cause I don't like celebrity women" :rolleyes

Let’s translate the lyrics quoted above. “You’re not actually hot because you don’t sell enough albums. I, an international superstar, could’ve helped you sell more by lending you some of my shine, because I’m generous, as my famous friend Ellen Degeneres could tell you. Oh, ‘Another One’ obviously winks at Drake’s Meek Mill diss ‘Back to Back,’ which is funny because Drake is actually one of my famous friends and he thinks what you did is corny. Also I sell more, and people should respect that that matters because everyone acknowledges that numbers matter when it comes to things like determining the all-time greatest basketball player rankings. And not only do I sell more than you, but your jabs about how I don’t make that much money from my record deal are wrong, which makes you dumb and is why my famous friend Jay Z didn’t let you put his remix verse of your song on your album.” It’s all about how Minaj is richer and more successful than Ma, as evidenced by her album sales and her celebrity friendships.

Nicki Minaj—a black woman who grew up in Queens, in a rap beef with a black woman who grew up poor in the Bronx—is essentially arguing that because middle- and upper-class (predominately white) people like her sound more than they do Remy Ma’s, that hip-hop culture—again, once the social and cultural force birthed and cultivated in the black inner city with its own, self-styled standards and morals and ideals—must name her the victor; or, even worse, that because white suburbia has already crowned her Queen of Rap, those who wish to apply hip-hop culture’s own, traditional code of rap diss grading standards and thus reject Minaj’s argument that her RIAA plaques make her the automatic winner have no standing to even judge the battle.

Seriously, what audience is Minaj courting here? Who does she see as the rightful judges of her beef with Ma? The clues are there if you look.

My issue with Nicki in a nutshell. But the whole article is worth the read.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/nicki-minaj-is-out-to-prove-shes-better-than-remy-ma-a-1793221838

So Cassidy is Drake with an extended career?

since swizz distanced himself from cass he (cass) hasn't dropped anything remotely hot outside of his meek disses

but swizz is working with him again so he may have a minor comeback soon

My issue with Nicki in a nutshell. But the whole article is worth the read.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/nicki-minaj-is-out-to-prove-shes-better-than-remy-ma-a-1793221838

Looool as soon as that article started talkin bout black and white people I stopped reading.

I don't even like nicki but why every time a big and smaller artist get into it starts to be about white people :x :x I hope people use that card if Kendrick or j Cole gets into a beef with a smaller artist :lol:

God I would love to read those replies about white America, the machine, white people, etc. so corny :smh: ****** ain't even lose this time and already being sore losers

Last edited:
Looool as soon as that article started talkin bout black and white people I stopped reading.

I don't even like nicki but why every time a big and smaller artist get into it starts to be about white people
sick.gif
sick.gif
I hope people use that card if Kendrick or j Cole gets into a beef with a smaller artist
laugh.gif

God I would love to read those replies about white America, the machine, white people, etc. so corny
mean.gif
****** ain't even lose this time and already being sore losers
Just the box we've built around ourselves.

I don't even like nicki but why every time a big and smaller artist get into it starts to be about white people :x :x I hope people use that card if Kendrick or j Cole gets into a beef with a smaller artist :lol:

God I would love to read those replies about white America, the machine, white people, etc. so corny :smh: ****** ain't even lose this time and already being sore losers

I mean, it's even more corny to act like traditions don't matter either tho. The point was, there's a whole group of people who don't even understand the culture but these artists pander to them anyway. White, black, doesn't matter. If you don't see the issue with it (and I'm not even surprised) then fine. But it's an issue regardless.

I mean, it's even more corny to act like traditions don't matter either tho. The point was, there's a whole group of people who don't even understand the culture but these artists pander to them anyway. White, black, doesn't matter. If you don't see the issue with it (and I'm not even surprised) then fine. But it's an issue regardless.

Some people get uncomfortable when you talking about the vultures and the people that understand hip hip culture. **** it though. Let 'em get uncomfortable.

Wasting your time explaining

Last edited:
cass is a slightly higher tier career wise over pap but let's not act like cass career panned out

most of his hits were preformulated

everything laid out for him from the hook, beat and theme

all he had to do was rap over it

Cassidy had 3 gold albums and was technically part of da ruff Ryder's too...his career was straight.

Cassidy had 3 gold albums and was technically part of da ruff Ryder's too...his career was straight.

on paper yeah but if you sing a cass song you really just singing the hook he wasn't even on

nobody knows bars from a cass song or a hook he said himself

and he was a rapping cat

but I liked cass but he could've been much more

Well that wasn't mentioned until the 2nd to last paragraph of what's like a 20 paragraph article, so you lookin right funny right now :lol: :lol:

Clearly you can see he posted excerpts from the article...context clues my guy. Context clues :smh:

It's a convenient excuse...but it definitely reeks "sore loser"

Gilbert's rant was dumb

Rap is a competitive spot about skill, not about numbers

So because Lebron doesn't win MVP means he's not the best player? Because he doesn't win the ring, it means he's not the best player?

How are you the Queen anyway when you have no competition? What other female major label artist even drops? Tink and Def Loaf's mixtapes are supposed to compete?

The only Queen in rap is Queen Latifah.

Well that wasn't mentioned until the 2nd to last paragraph of what's like a 20 paragraph article, so you lookin right funny right now :lol: :lol:

Clearly you can see he posted excerpts from the article...context clues my guy. Context clues :smh:

It's a convenient excuse...but it definitely reeks "sore loser"

You're just admitting you never looked at the article itself, you picked a very small portion of the article and failed on making a point.

I READ THE EXCERPT and STOPPED reading :x bruh

How could I be tryna front like I read the article if I'm telling you I stopped reading lmao.

Hes saying you were wrong in your assessment of the article. Reading a couple examples and jumping to conclusions isnt a way to go is what hes saying

I'm good on reading it. I read it every day in here.

Culture vulture, white America, the machine, white people did it, cry, cry [emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji]

****** sound sad man. Bunch on angry disgruntled ppl is what it sounds like

Example

Artist that NT likes wins Grammy = :pimp: :pimp: he deserves it, good for him, Grammys finally got it right for a change

Artist that NT don't like wins Grammy = see white America, machine etc above. **** is corny. If you gon cry about it all day don't watch the award show, don't talk sales or numbers then. Every sale or number should be embellished then if you gonna pull out the machine card whenever you want :lol:

You're still missing the entire point because....you didn't read the article bro :lol:

You get extra defensive when people mention the politics that goes on behind the scenes, did you ever take the time to actually research this **** for yourself or are you going to continue acting like we're all cry babies and none of it matters because "reasons."

Research ? :rofl:

Research about what? Lmaooo

"Defensive" nice try. I have no horse in this race(don't know why it's a race really) just call out hypocritical whining when I see it

Gilbert's rant was dumb

Rap is a competitive spot about skill, not about numbers

So because Lebron doesn't win MVP means he's not the best player? Because he doesn't win the ring, it means he's not the best player?

How are you the Queen anyway when you have no competition? What other female major label artist even drops? Tink and Def Loaf's mixtapes are supposed to compete?

The only Queen in rap is Queen Latifah.
I've personally have always felt it was weird that people used something as opinionated as music, then try and say that it's competitive / a sport.

How? What's funny is that, other than sales, there's no real way to crown a champion. There's no rubric to getting W's and L's.

I could right now say No Frauds > shether and it would be just as valid as the opposite. Everyone is in agreement that Sales don't make someone better, so what does? 

For the record I agree that sales don't make a rapper better than the other, but that's precisely why I don't consider rap or music at all as a sport.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom