Remy Ma-shETHER***Nicki Minaj diss***

I'm good on reading it. I read it every day in here.

Culture vulture, white America, the machine, white people did it, cry, cry [emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128546[/emoji]

****** sound sad man. Bunch on angry disgruntled ppl is what it sounds like

Example

Artist that NT likes wins Grammy = :pimp: :pimp: he deserves it, good for him, Grammys finally got it right for a change

Artist that NT don't like wins Grammy = see white America, machine etc above. **** is corny. If you gon cry about it all day don't watch the award show, don't talk sales or numbers then. Every sale or number should be embellished then if you gonna pull out the machine card whenever you want :lol:

The **** are you even going on about? You arguing a point no one cares about YOU didnt read the article and made a stupid point and now you lashing out looking like a fool

Y'all arguing with a child that thinks BIG was trash and Drake and Wayne are the best.....think about that.

Kids a clown

I've personally have always felt it was weird that people used something as opinionated as music, then try and say that it's competitive / a sport.

How? What's funny is that, other than sales, there's no real way to crown a champion. There's no rubric to getting W's and L's.

I could right now say No Frauds > shether and it would be just as valid as the opposite. Everyone is in agreement that Sales don't make someone better, so what does? 

For the record I agree that sales don't make a rapper better than the other, but that's precisely why I don't consider rap or music at all as a sport.

Because rap was about being the best, not who sold the most records.

When you first start rapping. You're trying to be the best on your block. In your school. In your city.

If you can't equate it to a sport, it's because of the generation you grew up in and because now it's not about trying to be the best emcee. Lil Uzi Vert isn't trying to be the best rapper. Lil Yachty isn't trying to be the best rapper. If Young Thug did a song with Pusha T, he's not trying to out rap him. When Nature did Banned From TV do you think he wanted to out rap Nas or Pun or just be on a song with them? You don't think Jay and Big weren't trying to have the best or wittiest verse on Young G's or BK's Finest? Meth will tell you about **** The World.

Rap used to be competitive.

Sage Steele, that you? :nerd:

Ben Carson's nephew :lol:

Last edited:
I've personally have always felt it was weird that people used something as opinionated as music, then try and say that it's competitive / a sport.

How? What's funny is that, other than sales, there's no real way to crown a champion. There's no rubric to getting W's and L's.

I could right now say No Frauds > shether and it would be just as valid as the opposite. Everyone is in agreement that Sales don't make someone better, so what does? 

For the record I agree that sales don't make a rapper better than the other, but that's precisely why I don't consider rap or music at all as a sport.

Negative. That is a wrong opinion. The metrics are set by precedence that people can usually agree on and that's how you can choose winners and losers.

Because rap was about being the best, not who sold the most records.

When you first start rapping. You're trying to be the best on your block. In your school. In your city.

If you can't equate it to a sport, it's because of the generation you grew up in and because now it's not about trying to be the best emcee. Lil Uzi Vert isn't trying to be the best rapper. Lil Yachty isn't trying to be the best rapper. If Young Thug did a song with Pusha T, he's not trying to out rap him. When Nature did Banned From TV do you think he wanted to out rap Nas or Pun or just be on a song with them? You don't think Jay and Big weren't trying to have the best or wittiest verse on Young G's or BK's Finest? Meth will tell you about **** The World.

Rap used to be competitive.

The generation I grew up in? Give me a break. I'm not debating that rappers try to be best when they rap. That doesn't make it a competitive sport, that's a fallacy.

Again, of rap is this competitive sport how do you determine who's the best :lol:

competitiveness in rap is deep rooted in a crab in a bucket mentaility. For it to be a sport, someone has to lose, period and that can't happen in music.

This isn't a generational thing

That's your view and that's cool but hip hop has always been competitive, that's just a fact. From the 80's to about when the BFF era started and every now and then that competitiveness still comes out.

Yeah music is subjective but hip hop culture has always been like a sport or competition. And a lot of people just don't understand this culture.

The generation I grew up in? Give me a break. I'm not debating that rappers try to be best when they rap. That doesn't make it a competitive sport, that's a fallacy.

Again, of rap is this competitive sport how do you determine who's the best :lol:

competitiveness in rap is deep rooted in a crab in a bucket mentaility. For it to be a sport, someone has to lose, period and that can't happen in music.

This isn't a generational thing

What :lol:

It is a generation thing :lol:

So if I'm trying to be the best basketball player in the hood that's rooted in a crab in the bucket mentality?

You young dudes are really ****** up raps legacy. Ya'll don't even know it's history and could care less about it.

Last edited:
What :lol:

It is a generation thing :lol:

So if I'm trying to be the best basketball player in the hood that's rooted in a crab in the bucket mentality?

You young dudes are really ****** up raps legacy. Ya'll don't even know it's history and could care less about it.

The difference is you can prove who's the best basketball player in the hood :lol: :lol:

You can't do that with rap no matter what generational label you want to throw on this.

Again, how do I go about determining winners and losers in music?

That's your view and that's cool but hip hop has always been competitive, that's just a fact. From the 80's to about when the BFF era started and every now and then that competitiveness still comes out.

Yeah music is subjective but hip hop culture has always been like a sport or competition. And a lot of people just don't understand this culture.

Again, how do you go about determining winners and losers in Hip-Hop culture? Go back as far as you want culture wise, how would you do it other than sharing the same OPINION(S) as someone else.

When you say the cavs won the championship, there's actual proof of that.

When you say Biggie > Drake there's literally nothing you can use to make this true.

If you go back and look at what people consider elite diss records you can use those as base line to judge contemporary disses. People was pretty much doing that in the first half of this thread.

Literally in this exact thread ppl were debating about who won NaSty NaS and Hov. Like over a decade afterwards people still don't know who won because there is no concrete rubric for music. It's subjective.

There is no set of agreed upon standards for music.

^There used to be, but it's not there much in the current rap climate cause of several of those types of posts :lol:

Literally in this exact thread ppl were debating about who won NaSty NaS and Hov. Like over a decade afterwards people still don't know who won because there is no concrete rubric for music. It's subjective.

HOV clearly won breh

The debate is about who won. But it is generally accepted that both are great diss records in their own right.

So knowing that one can judge other diss other records. If tracks like Hit Em Up, No Vaseline, Takeover, and Ether are the standards then you have a bar and you can judge diss tracks that come after.

Last edited:
The difference is you can prove who's the best basketball player in the hood :lol: :lol:

You can't do that with rap no matter what generational label you want to throw on this.

Again, how do I go about determining winners and losers in music?

So anyone older than you who grew up in the 70's and 80's will say otherwise, but you're going to tell people who participated in the culture before you how it was and what rap was based on?

You have some balls on you

No wonder people think Elvis and The Beatles invented rock music.

The debate is about who won. But it is generally accepted that both are great diss records in their own right.

So knowing that one can judge other diss other records. If tracks like Hit Em Up, No Vaseline, Takeover, and Ether are the standards then you have a bar and you can judge diss tracks that come after.

What if I think Hit me up is trash?

What if I think back to back is better than no vaseline?

How would you prove that these subjective opinions are wrong?

You can't and that's my point

So anyone older than you who grew up in the 70's and 80's will say otherwise, but you're going to tell people who participated in the culture before you how it was and what rap was based on?

You have some balls on you

No wonder people think Elvis and The Beatles invented rock music.

Still haven't told me how you determine winners and losers in Hip-Hop fam. Those guys who are "older" than me wouldn't be able to either.

Just because a train of thought is older doesn't make it correct, as proven by this exact conversation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom