Remy Ma-shETHER***Nicki Minaj diss***

***** Still ain't prove P C H P C H wrong though :lol:. I always appreciate challenging the way we think....and he's doing that, and dudes are resorting to "you don't know what you're talking about"....without rebuffing.

For the record....I do think hip hop is a competitive genre based on a losely agreed upon subjective metric and groupthink....

However, P C H P C H has a point.

He has no point

You can pull up numerous interviews and hear people talk about it.

Kool Moe Dee and Busy Bee?

What was KRS and Shan?

What was 50 and Rick Ross?

Even appearing on the same song, you wanted to out rap the other person.

I feel like y'all are making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Of course opinions change from person to person. But a general consensus is what gets mentioned in the grand scheme of things. Not what you or I think.
What are the facts? That you clearly don't understand what's being said to you, and you don't like the answer so you keep repeating the same things over and over again?
There are no "facts" to this man that's my point. A general consensus doesn't necessarily entail it being a fact.

He has no point

You can pull up numerous interviews and hear people talk about it.

Kool Moe Dee and Busy Bee?

What was KRS and Shan?

What was 50 and Rick Ross?

Even appearing on the same song, you wanted to out rap the other person.
Lmao so who won, 50 or Rick Ross?

Who won, KRS, or Shan?

I'm talking in circles here but Idc lol since it's competitive and you called it a sport, we should be able to go somewhere to see who won.

I really think some of you are just being contrarian to be contrarian, because you can't be this obtuse
Who were they rapping against?

They were performing at Madison Square Garden and in clubs?
BEFORE they were even worthy of performing for crowds they rapped in parties. Askin' who they were rappin' against proves my point, at it's roots there was NOBODY to rap against because it was so new. As more rappers came people began to notice that other people could rap "better" than others and people then began to focus on becoming more skillful.

How can rap, when it first began with one group of guys be competitive?

In an argument of "What universal metrics can be used to prove/grade a rapper/song better than another", what is the answer?

So hip hop ain't dancing, how you dress, battling? You really don't what the **** you talkin bout. :lol:

It's always funny to see some of ya'll expose yourselves. You, waves and the kid Flesh. Hearing ya'll lack of understanding about rap music really adds up to ya'll trash opinions.

Oh this is great :lol: :lol:

It is. :lol:

But answer the question though. Hip Hop culture ain't the things I listed? That's what you saying?

***** Still ain't prove P C H P C H wrong though :lol:. I always appreciate challenging the way we think....and he's doing that, and dudes are resorting to "you don't know what you're talking about"....without rebuffing.

For the record....I do think hip hop is a competitive genre based on a losely agreed upon subjective metric and groupthink....

However, P C H P C H has a point.

He doesn't have a point though. All he doing is playing dumb. Everybody knows music is subjective whatever, whatever. Like I said Hip Hop is all kinds of expressions and one of them is battling/having competition.

Last edited:
It's like y'all concede his point but then try to find a way to be right

"  Its like when I'm right I'm right, when I'm wrong I could been right, so I'm still right cause I coulda been wrong, you know, and I'm sorry cause I could be wrong right now, I could be wrong, but if I'm right..."

It is.
laugh.gif

Hip Hop culture ain't the things I listed? That's what you saying?
He doesn't have a point though. All he doing is playing dumb. Everybody knows music is subjective whatever, whatever. Like I said Hip Hop is all kinds of expressions and one of them is battling/having competition.
I was being a tad bit facetious with that. Of course hip-hop "culture" is that. But to us, Rappers killing each other and talking about murders on the southside of Chicago is "culture" too so yeah lol

And I'm not playing dumb. I'm deadass fambs. You can't have a sport w/o a winner and a loser. Point blank. I have a point, and there it is right there. If you can't disprove that then continue to dismiss it lol

I really think some of you are just being contrarian to be contrarian, because you can't be this obtuse

Who were they rapping against?

They were performing at Madison Square Garden and in clubs?

BEFORE they were even worthy of performing for crowds they rapped in parties. Askin' who they were rappin' against proves my point, at it's roots there was NOBODY to rap against because it was so new. As more rappers came people began to notice that other people could rap "better" than others and people then began to focus on becoming more skillful.

How can rap, when it first began with one group of guys be competitive?

This is all false. It was always competitive.

If you look at Kool Herc as the originator of Hip Hop, all of this was born out of the "sound clashes" in Jamaica and then in the states.

And MC's were competing thereafter before rap could have even been considered remotely "big" or popular.

Last edited:
This is all false. It was always competitive.

If you look at Kool Herc as the originator of Hip Hop, all of this was born out of the "sound clashes" in Jamaica and then in the states.

And MC's were competing thereafter before rap could have even been considered remotely "big" or popular.
So when he start mashin' up tracks who was he competing with? If he created a new sound, hip hop, what hip hop artist was he competing with?

It is. :lol:

Hip Hop culture ain't the things I listed? That's what you saying?

I was being a tad bit facetious with that. Of course hip-hop "culture" is that. But to us, Rappers killing each other and talking about murders on the southside of Chicago is "culture" too so yeah lol

And I'm not playing dumb. I'm deadass fambs. You can't have a sport w/o a winner and a loser. Point blank. I have a point, and there it is right there. If you can't disprove that then continue to dismiss it lol

Your point is "Hey music is subjective"

Who doesn't know that? :lol:

That's why to this day people go back and forth about Jay vs Nas.

What you don't understand is that it's still competitive, it's still like a sport. No matter how dumb you play or lost on it, it's apart of the culture. Fact.

That's why I said from the jump it ain't for you to understand. :lol:

Other DJ's and sound systems. I literally just explained it to you.
You made a statement. How can he compete within a genre he just created?

Early in when he created the sound he would post up and mix some tracks on a block for the people to enjoy. When did he declare himself the best?

Considering the climate of NY when he started hip hop was an escape from the bull**** that was goin on. People weren't tryna forget the gang violence by battling at a party, they came to dance and relax to the beat.

I'd also like to hear how he competed against a sound system, was there blood shed?

that................it's not a sport

Nobody debating whether it's competitive, all that's being relayed is it's not a sport because there are no clear but winners only a majority opinion that changes depending on the groups being asked

Dude it's not even like a sport

Like, not at all
laugh.gif
You can say it's competitive, but I can't imagine something being that competitive if you can't even determine winners and losers.

When people COMPETE in a sport, they do it to win something.

How competitive of a sport would the MLB or NBA be w/o the world series or the NBA finals at the end? The whole purpose of playing a sport is two opposing parties competing for an end gain.

There is no end gain in Hip-Hop or music in general. None.

But "I don't understand the culture" Aight
laugh.gif

And why is that answer not good enough? Because you clearly get it.

If there's no stats or metrics to measure this and y'all don't like the general consensus argument, what's left? Are we supposed to say **** it all and never say there's a best rapper or producer? I'm not understanding.

Last edited:
that................it's not a sport

Nobody debating whether it's competitive, all that's being relayed is it's not a sport because there are no clear but winners only a majority opinion that changes depending on the groups being asked

So ya'll can sit down then :lol: Cuz that's what we been saying.

But "I don't understand the culture" Aight :lol:

By your questions you obviously don't. :lol:

Last edited:
Other DJ's and sound systems. I literally just explained it to you.

You made a statement. How can he compete within a genre he just created?

Early in when he created the sound he would post up and mix some tracks on a block for the people to enjoy. When did he declare himself the best?
Considering the climate of NY when he started hip hop was an escape from the bull**** that was goin on. People weren't tryna forget the gang violence by battling at a party, they came to dance and relax to the beat.

I'd also like to hear how he competed against a sound system, was there blood shed?

Some of you dudes slow as hell :lol:

"Blood shed"? What in the **** are you talking about?

The genre was created out of competition. Sound clashes are sound systems competing. Who can rock the party hardest. With the music, the speakers, the "toasting" etc.

Herc was innovative with all of those, doing things that hadn't been done before, thus rocking the party the hardest and helping to create what we now know as hip hop.

You really needed all of that explained to you? All you had to do was Google "sound clash". Educate yourselves for God's sake :lol:

Last edited:
So ya'll can sit down then
laugh.gif
Cuz that's what we been saying.
By your questions you obviously don't.
laugh.gif
And who argued that? Nobody, so you just been barkin' at nothing
Some of you dudes slow as hell
laugh.gif

The genre was created out of competition. Sound clashes are sound systems competing. Who can rock the party hardest. With the music, the speakers, the "toasting" etc.

Herc was innovative with all of those, doing things that hadn't been done before, thus rocking the party the hardest and helping to create what we now know as hip hop.

You really needed all of that explained to you? All you had to do was Google "sound clash". Educate yourselves for God's sake
laugh.gif
A genre being created out of competition does not a competitive genre crate. When Herc created/put together break beats he could not have competed with anybody because the genre itself didn't yet exist. He created a sound. A sound that mixed together other genres of music that eventually somebody got on a mic and began to verbally turn the party up (that would be an emcee).

But, I'll remove myself from the convo. Believe what you believe. You "know" the history

Some of you dudes slow as hell :lol:

You really needed all of that explained to you? All you had to do was Google "sound clash". Educate yourselves for God's sake :lol:

A genre being created out of competition does not a competitive genre crate. When Herc created/put together break beats he could not have competed with anybody because the genre itself didn't yet exist. He created a sound. A sound that mixed together other genres of music that eventually somebody got on a mic and began to verbally turn the party up (that would be an emcee).

But, I'll remove myself from the convo. Believe what you believe. You "know" the history

But that's exactly what he was doing. Putting his music together better than the next man. Rocking the party better than the next man.

Same thing the dudes on the mic were trying to do.

So you're wrong.

And the genre was created within and out of competition.

If you just want to cover your eyes and ears and pretend you're right, feel free :lol:

Or you could try to learn something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom