Respected Artists/Producers that you've just NEVER felt...

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Timbaland (The more recent version) - OK...I know this might seem ridiculous. Timbaland has classic beats...this is true, but to me most of them came from 99 and back. I'm not feeling this new techno music %@** he's doing. I did not enjoy FL/SS...I didn't enjoy his album...and even when he does keep it hip hop...I'm just not feeling Timb. I wasn't feeling the joint he had Jeezy's album either. Ayo Technology was cool but...it wasnt the Timb I enjoyed growing up. There is just something DIFFERENT about his beats now.
I agree wholeheartedly.

I WOULD agree, but you have to understand his sound THEN wouldn't captivate the younger audiences NOW. He's just moving along to sounds he knowswill be hits. The European synths just happen to be what blows the younger kids away now. 5 years from now, it'll be something different and Tim willadapt.

Timbaland (The more recent version) - OK...I know this might seem ridiculous. Timbaland has classic beats...this is true, but to me most of them came from 99 and back. I'm not feeling this new techno music %@** he's doing. I did not enjoy FL/SS...I didn't enjoy his album...and even when he does keep it hip hop...I'm just not feeling Timb. I wasn't feeling the joint he had Jeezy's album either. Ayo Technology was cool but...it wasnt the Timb I enjoyed growing up. There is just something DIFFERENT about his beats now.
Exactly what i came in here to say.

Amy Winehouse. It's not that I just don't feel her or w/e. I think she sucks, her voice is annoying to me. I've heard much better, this cracked outdonkey doesn't even change it up or anything, her whole songs are just monotonous to me. And what the hell are you talking about rhyming "No, no,no" with "Know, know, know," and "Go, go, go." I thought this was a song, not a nursery rhyme.
smh.gif

Also Mary J Blige. She makes pretty good music I guess and there are a few of her songs that I like, but I think her voice is overhyped. Every time I'veever seen her sing live she sounds AWFUL.

Also I used to like Luda but he just seems boring to me now. His lyrics have always been kinda questionable IMO and now his act is just tired.

Talib Kweli (dude tries to fit an encyclopedia into two bars, that $#$% is annoying)
Bone Thugs N Harmony (they rap fast, just not that well IMO. Old Three 6>>BTNH)
Public Enemy (just never really felt them, and I'm pro-black)
Fabolous (bored of him now)
EPMD (nothing really against them, I just haven't gotten around to them. I'm sure I'd enjoy them)
2Pac (Don't get me started. Most overrated individual in music history besides Elvis)

i cant believe people think dillas beats are boring...wow..i respect the opinion but damn

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Who are some dudes that are well respected in the business and considered great artists but you've never quite seen what the fuss was all about? Or maybe you do enjoy them from time to time but you wouldnt check for them on a regular basis like most do.

For me...

Joe Budden - I'll put him in that "maybe you do enjoy them from time to time but you wouldnt check for them on a regular basis like most do" category. I like Joe...he's cool. BUT...I have never...and will understand how some hold him in such high regard. I think people seem to ignore certain things from him that they seem to point out in other artists. For example...something I notice on here especially...alot of people like to call out artists for doing the same thing over and over again and being predictable. I feel like Joe falls in that category. Whenever Joe makes a song...it's usually about one of three things. Either a 6 minute track FULL of punchlines riddled with recent events...or a depressed somber song that deals with his personal life, past or present, or some type of sad story. Some call that versatility...I don't. I dont necessarily feel like you HAVE to switch it up all the time as an artist...I just don't like how some ignore Joe but will be quick to point another's faults for the same things. To me...he's still a punchline heavy rapper. That's his bread and butter. Why do some dare consider this guy top 5 dead or alive? It was mingboggling to me when MM3 dropped are dudes were going crazy...calling it the best mixtape ever...best CD of 07...better than The Cool. I just didnt understand that. Dudes saying they shed tears listening to certain songs and all of that...miss me with that %@**. Maybe its a Tri-State area thing...because I've never heard him held in such regard anywhere else on the planet.

[puts on Flame suit]

i feel the same way

2Pac
Dr Dre
Wu Tang
Outkast
Common

Sorry
ohwell.gif

I don't know, i'll never get into a who's better than who argument with people I like and listen to. It's pointless.

It's what an individual prefers....if you give me the choice of listening to Budden or 2pac, I'll choose Budden.

Common or Stack? I won't try to be a hip hop elitist, give me Stack.

It's just what I prefer, crazy to some, but not to me

I have to say errybody in the Bay except for E-40.

The Bay Area Cats really think their izsh is Hot but really its trash...

If the Bay really wants a chance at Stardom; E-40 and Keek da Sneak both need to do an album together. Its the only way they both can eat off each-other andboth be known Nationally..

Nas-Illmatic & Stillmatic are the only albums that I listen too......The rest of his efforts were wack IMO.

i honestly couldn't put it better than that

common and talib, both got talent but i just can't vibe to em.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

2Pac
Dr Dre
Wu Tang
Outkast
Common

Okay Dre I can relate to. He has songs and beats that I like but all his material ... ? nahhhhhh Wu-tang. I like the first cd and other artists' cdsbut collectively only the first cd. Pac has amazing material but ppl hold him in higher regard just b/c he's dead. and it's soooo much material. andmajority of it dropped after he died.
Can't believe that Outkast was named tho ... classic material.
and all of that...miss me with that %@**. Maybe its a Tri-State area thing...
nahhhhh. from GA homie. budden just makes REAL music. **** you can relate to. same reason i like Blu. it's music for the commonman.

Cass = trash.
Chamillionaire is talented but the voice is just aggrivating.
Luda b/c he has potential but never maximizes it.

! Ladies and gentlemen gentlemen gentlemen gentlemen... everytime a track comes on that starts like that i immdiately change it. So yeh, I hate Jazzy Pha.

Wu-Tang - I'm from the westcoast....these dudes do nothing for me
Jay-Z - I like Jay, Dynasty and on. But RD, Vol.1, 2 and 3 ehhhh not really feeling. Dude seems way to over-hyped. I only really liked Dynasty, The Blueprints,The Black Album and American Gangster
Nas - I just never actually sat down and listened to his earlier stuff. Also Rockefeller didn't die of aids. Thanks for teaching black inner city youthfalse history. (Jay won. Sorry. Flame. I don't care)
Swizz Beatz - has classic beats but not consistent *checks Cassidy albums*
Saigon - I swear I wanna like this dudes music but I just cant enjoy. I like ONE song of his (Come Again) and that's it. I'm a big Entourage fan and Imainly started listening to him because of Entourage. I'm not impressed
J Dilla - Beatles are geniuses, MJ, Prince, Eric B etc are geniuses. This N_ makes beats lets not get carried away.
M.I.A. - for the love of god what is the fascination with her? I have tried countless times to try and get into her music, and it seems impossible for me. Idon't get why NT likes her so much. To me its just another broad with an annoying voice singing/rapping about nonsense.

J Dilla - Beatles are geniuses, MJ, Prince, Eric B etc are geniuses. This N_ makes beats lets not get carried away.
laugh.gif

Too say you dont like Dilla/his beats ok. But, boring......
fulljgetty74165834mh048_detroit_pis.jpg

grin.gif
..i cant think of anybody but I'll say Timbo since he applies.

Originally Posted by NO ESCAPIN THIS

^^^ I`d like to see what you listen to

hmmm.......

still missing like 20 other artists from diff. genres (external drives = nightmare). And yes I DO listen to all these artists. Music is beyond Jay, Nas, andDilla, sorry.

and to
IYE2
I never said Dilla was boring. Read much? Just said "lets not get carried away"

hhhmmm sorry cant find a clever pic to prove my point

Wayne - no need to explain
Timbaland- yeah he had his hits but dude is not that good of a producer imo
Plies - I don't know about well respected but a lot of real dudes I know listen to him just cause they say he's real. There are a lot better"real" rappers out there.
Fab - yeah he's got some nice punchlines he and there, but dude is very boring
Scarface - Some of his songs I love, but most of his albums are average. Must be a southern thing

Lil Wayne- yeah...
Timbaland- never really got into his music...i just don't dig his style that much
Common- he's a great emcee, but his style is sort of boring to me.
*flamesuit* Jay-Z...i respect him, but i just don't really feel his music. i have all his albums and love listenin to his stuff but i just don't enjoylistening to him that much
the clipse
ludacris
talib kweli- i really like Reflection Eternal and Quality, but his newer stuff has me disappointed. like someone already said, he does try to fit in too manysyllables randomly sometimes
eyes.gif

Guru- he's not really on my list, but i've just hated his monotone-ness. sometimes it feels like it's all Premo that makes me listen to a gangstarrtrack. He's a great emcee ("moment of truth" is one of my favorite songs of all time) but he puts me to sleep sometimes.

Plies - I don't know about well respected but a lot of real dudes I know listen to him just cause they say he's real. There are a lot better "real" rappers out there.
IMO, there aren't to many rappers on his level when it comes to rappin about real sish, he be rappinfrom most street N'z eyes. You probably don't like him cause he ain't lyrical.

Back
Top Bottom