Respected Artists/Producers that you've just NEVER felt...

Actually Im not even surprised dudes aint feelin J Dilla may arent aware of the shh he produces anyway and it makes sense cuz I was on anotha blog and dudeswere callin Madlib production weird and boring so Im guessin Ns is expectin everybody make beats like the Runners or Cool n Dre.

Also the title does say respected artists/producers I mean it aint a real surprise if you dont like Wayne or Plies they haven done anything in the game to berespected.

EDIT - Yea Heatmakers as well also as good/great as Just Blaze is I dont want every producer soundin like him either.

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Tha Sun Child

Plies - I don't know about well respected but a lot of real dudes I know listen to him just cause they say he's real. There are a lot better
"real" rappers out there.
IMO, there aren't to many rappers on his level when it comes to rappin about real sish, he be rappin
from most street N'z eyes. You probably don't like him cause he ain't lyrical.

That's probably one of the reasons but as far rappin about real *#!% Freeway, Budden, Styles P all better than him. Don't get me started withthat 100 years *#!%, theres a million other songs that state the same things he said in a better way.

Talib Kweli (dude tries to fit an encyclopedia into two bars, that $#$% is annoying)

Word. It's like he's actually trying to say something. Dude should just rap about#!@%@ and use nonsense punchlines. Lil Wayne FTW!

Biggie... I regard some of his songs (i.e. Victory) as classics but never felt him as an artist in general

Plies - I just simply hate this dude's voice/flow/lyrics. Everytime I hear his voice on a song I turn it off with the quickness. Dude just sounds soignorant to me when he raps and he sounds nothing like it when he is doing interviews lol. He tries to be the realest dude in the rap game and imo he is just aphony.

Dr.Dre - I think he receives wayyyyy to much credit for some of the beats he produces. I think Scott Storch/Mel-Man/Mike Eilzondo have a much greater impact onthe songs that he claims HE produced.

im gonna have to go with joe budden. i tried listening to mm2 but i was yawning the whole time

ya boy gets a lot of hype out of the bay but dude is OK at most.

to everyone saying dilla was boring, i dont get it. what exactly is it thats boring? im not knockin anyone but dilla and madlib are 2 of the most creativeproducers of all time. no two dilla beats even sound remotely similar to me

I can't really get into classic rock and some 80's pop.

Off the top of the head:

TI
Jeezy
Dip Set
Prince
ATCQ
Run-DMC
Wu
R. Kelly

and many more

don't get it twisted, I'm not saying they're garbage(with an exception of Jeezy), but I only like a few of their song if any.

Luda
Em
T.I.
Fab
Fif
Jay (other than RD. Blueprint was ok though).

Run-DMC
Too $hort
Bone thugs
Beanie Sigel
Kanye on a mic devise after CD
Flame on ladies..........................................................

Originally Posted by roback1991

Talib Kweli (dude tries to fit an encyclopedia into two bars, that $#$% is annoying)

Word. It's like he's actually trying to say something. Dude should just rap about#!@%@ and use nonsense punchlines. Lil Wayne FTW!
eyes.gif
, doesn't matter what the content is, he's wack. Plentyof conscious/non-gangster rappers that are better than Kweli (Common, Mos, dead prez, Immortal Technique, Lupe...you get the point, it's a crowded list).

And Lil' Wayne sucks.

Fat Joe
Guru
Sadat X
The Game- except for one song (I Don't Need Your Love)
Papoose- says a nice line every once in awhile, but he can't rap on beat for issh. Never saw what the big deal was about him.
Cassidy
Cool & Dre- mainly just Dre. He just seems like a lame to me. I can't be the only one who thinks that.
Mobb Deep- Never liked them. Havoc's beats are cool, but Prodigy seems fradulent (We don't believe you... you need more people). Seems like he triesto hard to be gangsta.
Ludacris- ehh... people say he's lyrical, but I've never heard it.
Eminem- for some reason I just can't get into rhymes about killin my mom. His delivery is nice though.
Chammilionare- see Papoose, except he never says anything hot. He does put some sort of message in his songs, but I don't really care what he thinks. People hype him up on here, but he sucks.
Joe Budden- I mean he's cool and all, but cats on here hype him like he the best thing since pants with pockets. He's not.
Clipse- see Joe Budden. and Prodigy.
Boosie- come on man... wipe me down?

I know this is a sin too say, and I do not know what is wrong with me, but I am just not a huge A Tribe Called quest fan. It is sounds so basic too me, Idon't know. SMH at myself but yea.

Back
Top Bottom