Review of Countdown pack XI's. NEW PICS UPDATE 2/10/09

Man, you're killing those xi's but they still look nice, so that says something. Nice review but, I would never do any of those things in myxi's.

This is something very useful for me as I'm still thing about using them to ball with.

Thanks for a very good review and updates as well.

Brief explanation= I cleaned the bottoms of my shoes because the rain has been crazy here in SoCal as of late. The traction is now squeak inducing. I wouldhave given a 5 out of 5 rating, but some shoes are squeak inducing even when slightly dirty. Space Jam pics cause well, their SPACEJAMS! Allstar pics with thecracked carbon fiber plates I talked about earlier. Last pic is how my countdowns look right now. And you should all know the countdown XI's feel FANTASTICnow that they are fully broken in. I mean GREAT.

nbbyaw.jpg

msy53a.jpg

28u1sow.jpg

i1focg.jpg

k2isz5.jpg

I personally thought the CDP XI was the worst Jordan I ever put on in my life. No cushioning whatsoever and that bootleg patent cut forced me to get rid ofthem. I just couldn't do it.

On a side note, still got my '01 retro though.
smile.gif

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I have worn/played in OG's, retros, and now these countdowns and I think the countdown XI's are awesome.

THANX FOR THE REALLY INDEPTH FULL REVIEW! I FEEL AS IF THE CDP PACKS QUALITY HAS FALTERED TREMENDOUSLY BUT ITS ALL BECAUSE ITS A HIGHLY SOUGHT PRODUCT BUT IMOTHE CDP XI ISNT ALL THAT GREAT AS FAR AS COMFORT GOES IT COULD BE BETTER BUT THEN AGAIN IM NOT HOOPIN IN MINES EITHER! NO WAY BUT YOURS LOOK GOOD CONSIDERINGTHE AMOUNT OF STRAIN YOU PUT ON THEM

That's a negative I play in the XX3's and they are by far the best shoes that I have ever played in. The XX2's are also good. NIKE's are ok butnot the best.

Originally Posted by micheal623

That's a negative I play in the XX3's and they are by far the best shoes that I have ever played in. The XX2's are also good. NIKE's are ok but not the best.

U may have been one of the lucky ones to get such a good pair of CDP XI's, i have heard nothing but complains about them. Im still reluctant to get a pairand will stick to my 01 retros. Thanks for the review though.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

U may have been one of the lucky ones to get such a good pair of CDP XI's, i have heard nothing but complains about them. Im still reluctant to get a pair and will stick to my 01 retros. Thanks for the review though.

Yeah, I've read/heard a lot of the complaints. I don't agree at all. I've owned OG XI's, retro XI's, and these countdown XI's are justas nice. Yes, they do have differences from one another, but the "quality" topic is highly overstated.

I dont know how overstated it is cause I have these comments from legit people. From my own experience with OG vs retros first started when i bought a pair ofretro Xs. I owed a pair of OG Xs when i was younger and the only reason why i bought the retros is because of my fond memories of the OGs. The retros werentnearly as comfortable as the OGs so thats why i constantly ask about how that particular retro feelings/performs/etc. I know my retros for the XIs from 01 wereoutstanding, yes the carbon fiber broke but the comfort was top-notch (so i bought another pair recently and wasnt disappointed at all). Anyways its hard totell who is talking just to talk and who is talking from experience, and my best move is to probably find a pair and try them on myself.

You absolutely owe it to yourself to make your own decision. I remember when I played hours of outdoor ball wearing $15 Macgregors, and my body felt better thelonger I played. Now I only play indoors in shoes that cost hundreds of dollars, i.e.- foams, Jordans, Lebrons, Kobes, and eventually my knees hurt, my backgets sore, etc...

I would assume that most OG heads are not teenagers. Perhaps it's simply memories of how shoes felt when one was younger?

Also, Tinker always referred to very extremely stiff football cleats when he speaks of his inspiration for including the carbon plate for the first time in theXI's. Again, the soles of the XI's were designed to be stiff.

Back
Top Bottom