Riots in Milwaukee after Officer Involved Shooting

The way you say "gang members" over and over lets me know you are a sheltered person who has never actually met any of the guys you are so scared of and want gunned down. It's the Midwest, everyone is in a gang.

The way you say "gang members" over and over lets me know you are a sheltered person who has never actually met any of the guys you are so scared of and want gunned down. It's the Midwest, everyone is in a gang.

I lived in a gang infested Los Angeles neighborhood. A dude was literally shot on my front yard running away from another gangbanger.

Yeah, I'm sheltered.
:rofl:

I lived in a gang infested Los Angeles neighborhood. A dude was literally shot on my front yard running away from another gangbanger.

Yeah, I'm sheltered.
:rofl:

I think you're sheltered because of how you used the word "on."

#NTLogic

The caping for gang members logic on here is silly.

Living around that nonsense your entire life and seeing the destructiveness it causes within your community. The hell with them.
All of this.

I mean, these dudes are trying to add value to their existence, like gangs add anything positive. Those same guys who will try to kill you if you're wearing the wrong color clothing, don't recognize you from their neighborhood or simply need some quick money.

Last edited:
hand2handking hand2handking

i dont agree with willful imprisonment as a means of protest

You didn't understand want I said. Cops have a duty to bring you in if you're a suspect, and because of the nature of our laws and the things they allow us to have (namely, virtually unrestricted access to guns), they have the green light to use lethal force in the exercise of their functions. You know this. I know this. When you go out and commit an infraction, you expect to be brought to the court. This is a cause-and-effect thing. If you think otherwise, then you are asking for preferential treatment, and nobody will support you for trying to skirt the laws everybody else is supposed to follow.

Black people who riot are dancing to the tunes of the elite liberal progressive whites and their media outlets.

Blatant example of media bias :rofl:

Last edited:
This thread is full of people you can tell aren't from the ghetto and know nothing about such internal dynamics and issues

Just arrogant keyboard warrior assumptions and very blind no judgmental logic with no personal experience in these matters.

Some of yall NT squares real funny....but hey you can do and be who you want on the internet....but real recognize real.

Last edited:
This thread is full of people you can tell aren't from the ghetto and know nothing about such internal dynamics and issues
Just arrogant keyboard warrior assumptions and very blind no judgmental logic with no personal experience in these matters.
Some of yall NT squares real funny....but hey you can do and be who you want on the internet....but real recognize real.
You don't have to be from the hood to recognize ignorance. This riot was pure ignorance. FACTS.
View media item 1554785

Last edited:
You don't have to be from the hood to recognize ignorance. This riot was pure ignorance. FACTS.
I don't care to discuss such issues with people from the outside looking in.

WE ARE NOT CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH!

No need to respond and please don't reply with the same gif..that's corny b.

Bye!

Last edited:
I don't care to discuss such issues with people from the outside looking in.
WE ARE NOT CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH!
No need to respond and please don't reply with the same gif..that's corny b.
Bye!
you right, we not. I grew up in the projects. Had friends who sold drugs. crackheads on the block every day.
Saw a chopper sprayed right infront of my eyes while me and my friends were playing on the playground.

You're soft for trying to rectify this young man's actions and part of the problem that people like him are drove to do the things that they do.

FOH

you right, we not. I grew up in the projects. Had friends who sold drugs. crackheads on the block every day.
Saw a chopper sprayed right infront of my eyes while me and my friends were playing on the playground.

You're soft for trying to rectify this young man's actions and part of the problem that people like him are drove to do the things that they do.

FOH
Aight cool....

It is what it is then

the minute we start parsing through and deciding who was "justified" and who wasnt we've already lost

Fax

It's so sad that the BLM been labeled as a terrorist group because of the acts of black people. It's to the point where sometimes you can't even argue about BLM being peaceful

It was going to be labeled that anyway, Cointel Pro 201X. BLM didn't have a solid foundation, which allowed people to infiltrate it and do things in it's name or even be tied to it in the media. The founders don't go out and publicly deny the crap being tied to the movement, etc. Use the media to their advantage, etc. Gotta come smarter and harder when battling a system of this magnitude.

More fax

Being unreasonable doesn't work, being reasonable doesn't work. What's next? The system itself is unreasonable yet it continues to churn on and grow in strength [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Rosa Parks was a criminal. Sometimes you gotta break laws to effect change [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Gotta use the system against itself, the only way to pierce the armor is by it's own blade. Now how is another lengthy discussion.

[thread="652494"]BLM didn't have a solid foundation, which allowed people to infiltrate it and do things in it's name or even be tied to it in the media. [/thread]
the main issue with the whole movement^

for some reason... blacks (my people) think that being organized and having a hierarchy is not necessary to be a successful movement....

social media generation

Mainly because many see conceding to someone else lessens their role or makes them look less important; everybody wants to be the star player. There were things that MLK was great at that Stokley wasn't and vice versa. Malcolm wouldn't have grown to the strength that he had if he felt he was better than the Hon. Elijah Muhommed. But this is even seen in personal relationships e.g. women not making their man a plate. Every role is just as important and it takes a solid unit and an even more solid foundation to get things done.

There are a number of things at play here in this situation... I don't necessarily like that this young man was shot & killed by police even if he had a gun but for face value, it seems like the police took what they thought was the correct action. The young man was clearly in the wrong.

Of course those rioting shouldn't be doing so not only because of the circumstances of why the young man was shot & certainly not destroying their own neighborhood.

The problem is these police killings have sparked decades of frustration & rage at the lack of proper education or vocation, food deserts, no access to quality jobs with decent wages, & generally abysmal infrastructure in every way imaginable.

The rioting in Milwaukee has really less to do with the young man killed & more about years of inequity, high unemployment and oppression as stated by a local politician.

It's a terrible situation all the way around.

I honestly think we're on the precipice of the decline of our country as we know it... There's just nothing being done of any substance to better our cities, specifically inner cities.

Edit - It's sad that Grand Master Flash's "Don't push me cause I'm close to the edge..." is still relevant... Song came out in '82 & nothing has changed...

Lot of good points being made in here but I feel no way about incidents like the riots. You can't antagonize a group of ppl for centuries & expect them to be rational at every turn. Ppl are fed up and whatever comes to the catalyst (white america) is on them

I've expressed the same feelings on this forum. Still, it's important to realize and to tell others what the pursuit of justice through violence ultimately leads to. It's the story of many armed rebellions throughout history. I'm not sure that the majority of Black Americans are ready to write that chapter.

Personally, I think there's no need to do that to solve the issue of policing because we are all affected by it (yesterday I read about a white dude who was threatened to be killed in front of his daughter by a Arizona Highway Patrol officer during a traffic stop). BLM marches and protests are attended by people of all ethnicities and they have supporters coming from all places. Let's build on that.

Repped... One of the most thoughtful posts I've ever seen on NT when it comes to discussing matters like this.

Last edited:
"they have the green light to use lethal force in the execution of their functions"

incorrect

"you go out and commit an infraction you expect to be brought to court"

correct

everything you typed is irrelevant because we are not talking about the criminal justice system we are talking about police brutality

no one is arguing for peope to commit crimes, i am saying that prejudiciously executing people based on "justifications" is wrong

subjectively deciding who does and doesnt die in the course of performing civic duty should not happen

the law is you commit a crime you get your day in court

Last edited:
Policing in our cities has become draconian at best... When I've heard friends of mine that are police get asked what they do, I almost always heard them say they're in law enforcement. My in-law is was an ex Baltimore City district commander, head of vice, commandant of the city police academy in the late 70s & 80s said that's a terrible thing to say.

He went on to say that law enforcement is only a small part of what a true police officer does. Law enforcement was never the mission, according to him true policing is community building = protect & serve.

Once we started passing laws like "3 strikes", mandating arrest quotas, & ushering in an era of for profit prison industry, we started seeing a violent & drastic change in our culture...

Once we started passing laws like "3 strikes", mandating arrest quotas, & ushering in an era of for profit prison industry, we started seeing a violent & drastic change in our culture...

I agree wholeheartedly. But that's one end of the spectrum that contributed to our current climate. The other end is a rap and gang culture that raises up drug peddlers and gangsters that proudly say F the police and vilifies "snitches."

I don't think rap & gang culture is a root cause. I spent a lot of years volunteering in Baltimore City doing everything from helping with after school programs, working in soup kitchens, youth out reach programs, adult literacy programs. Spent a lot of time with youth & the biggest issue was parenting or a lack there of.

A lot of fathers were in jail or drug addicts running the streets, mothers too. So many children are being raised by grand parents or aunts who are barely getting by or not getting by with their own children let alone with their grandchild, niece, or nephew.

It's sad because once you crack the tough exterior of these kids (a lot of times you don't), you see all these kids need are some attention, love, & affection.

They turn to the streets because they don't get that at home. They damn sure aren't getting a an education or vocation. They don't have a lot of clothes. They don't have access to meals regularly. I know a good majority of the kids I've dealt with only got food when they went to school.

I get angry when I see people talk about starving kids in other countries but we got starving kids here in the US that need clothes, food, etc... People really don't understand what's really happening in our cities.

I whole heartedly disagree with the rioting, but I understand where the rage & anger & the wanting to off ish up is coming from.

I think it will get a lot worse to...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom