RIP George Floyd

I’m not even surprised at how tone deaf these old *** white people are. I am embarrassed for them.

Please stand the **** up and LEGISLATE.

download (6).jpeg

The both sides apathy REALLY irks my nerves. We know the Democrats haven't done enough when having both houses of Congress but they did push through some legislation that helped us. We also know the Republicans are actively trying to institute policy that will actively harm us in a myriad of ways (Healthcare, education, economy, making it more difficult to participate in the voting process, etc).

We can't get fooled into apathy and feed into the GOP narrative. Especially not now when more Supreme Court seats about to be open at the federal level.

And most importantly your local and state elections is where you need to be most vigilant anyway as they'll affect you the most. And if they don't do what they say they would vote they *** out and get somebody who will.

Oh...of course it’s symbolic. It’s politics. The point is to give the public something to “vote for”. The alternative is do absolutely nothing...and having nothing on the table.

But see that's not where I'm coming from. I'm not about apathy or doing nothing. I'm about doing something that works, which voting clearly doesn't IMO. Working OUTSIDE the system in order to break it. I understand the argument for local elections but choosing between which old white man I want to control my life doesn't appeal to me. As far as those progressive candidates, I don't believe they would have ever even made it to their positions if they were a true threat to bring change. It's all for show in my eyes. The illusion of balance and fairness. I'll believe they can make a real difference when I actually see it.

We know the Democrats haven't done enough when having both houses of Congress but they did push through some legislation that helped us.

Can you detail this for me?

And if they don't do what they say they would vote they *** out and get somebody who will

And if the next one doesn't do what they say, vote them out too. And then when the one after that doesn't do what they say..you get me?

These rednecks been flexing on social media all week about their second amendment and coming to protests if given "the green light."

It showed me even more how p--sy these guys really are. Hiding behind guns because they know if they were given the green light to show up without weapons, they'd pull the covers over their head and act like they didn't get the memo

I wonder if Joe Rogan will stop giving a platform to bigots, racist and white supremacists.

Doubt it though. Since he agrees with so much of what they have to say.

He used to challenge a lot of it but lately Rogan has really settled in and gotten comfortable with co-signing the utter bull**** spewed on his show.

its literally been nothing but bigots and racists recently, ****s disgusting

Who have you guys taken exception to in recent times??

I’ve been a long time listener and going back over the last 6 months nothing jumps out.

opposite for me. a lot of people are really surprising me. protests, donations, etc.

same with me. I’m floored by the amount of friends protesting, posting helpful links, demanding reform, actually typing out the words BLACK LIVES MATTER, etc. I expected silence and the usual booty pic postings.

I got ex marines and Karen’s on my timeline saying “defund the police! I recognize my white privilege how can I help? **** the flag!”

this is truly uncharted territory.

I’ve realized that I have some of the fakest friends ever. All that big talk about “being down for my people”, “down for the revolution”, “I would be on the frontline” - when I asked, what have they done since the protest? March? Donate? Educate? Give back to the community?

Nothing....

Time to get them scary folks out my circle.

Just saw this. Been losing real life friends of years over retweets and likes the past couple weeks.

This girl I met through a friend in 2006 or so, she follows me on Twitter and Snap and we interact once in a blue moon. Shorty been RT a lot of the stuff I interact with which is great because I know her audience is much different from mine, and I noticed so I figure man lemme catch up.

I hit her on snap to say thanks and she snapped me back sitting damn near front row in front of a speaker in Denver telling me we are here for you. Not posting on her social media, just out there. Wouldn’t have even known if I didn’t contact her.

**** hit my chest so hard man, legit got choked up. I know it’s been said but this all feels different.

Just now realizing Brother Floyd was taken on Memorial Day :smh:

I don’t want to hear anything about the Democratic Party when anyone who does even a shred of research can see that the GOP is a bastion for carrying out white supremacist agenda and ruining the lives of black bodies. There is literally no comparison. Until the GOP is eliminated I do not want to hear a damn criticism of the current Democratic Party.

I don’t want to hear anything about the Democratic Party when anyone who does even a shred of research can see that the GOP is a bastion for carrying out white supremacist agenda and ruining the lives of black bodies. There is literally no comparison. Until the GOP is eliminated I do not want to hear a damn criticism of the current Democratic Party.
What has the Democratic party done to gain such devotion from you? I'm open minded and here to educate myself

Reactions: wr
What has the Democratic party done to gain such devotion from you? I'm open minded and here to educate myself

The GOP is actively attempting to destroy my life as well as the lives of my children and millions of other black lives in this country. I have no desire to spoon feed a functioning adult information that is easier than ever to access. Miss me with this.

I think it is fair for people to criticize the Democratic Party. I just think that many of the criticisms ignore other forces at play, so they are not very good criticisms.

And yeah, folk need to break out of this constant "both sides" framing.

I’ve realized that I have some of the fakest friends ever. All that big talk about “being down for my people”, “down for the revolution”, “I would be on the frontline” - when I asked, what have they done since the protest? March? Donate? Educate? Give back to the community?

Nothing....

Time to get them scary folks out my circle.
I have a friend that literally said he chose his daughter to be mixed for situations like this so that she could say she's white...he's not a nerd either

Back
Top Bottom