RIP George Floyd

Not defending the display.

But they did it partly because they announced a police reforming bill that was written by members of the Congressional Black Caucus. They should have just went straight into the conference imo.

But it is probably the usual scenario gonna play out. Pass the House, dead in the Senate.
Yeah screw the theatrics and get to it. Sadly I bet this was a black person's idea. Gives me that same uneasy feeling as MJB singing to Hillary.

**** going to die in the senate. Need a new system for sure.

Abolish the senate for starters. Rules are dumb.

America would be a much better place if we had a Parimentary system.

All things considered, if there is one institution I can point to that does the most to reinforce crony capitalism and white supremacacy, it is the US Senate. The damn thing is 6 points more conservative than the country.

E5B892F2-4DBC-439B-8734-5C577E83377C.jpeg

Racists whites have long believed that immigrants wanted to come in and take their jobs away. The racists cops that quit will do the required mental gymnastics to convince them that they don’t have jobs anymore (even though they voluntarily quit) because of blm protests. I can easily see mass shootings by ex cops on the horizon.

new H&K should be here soon

none of this is acceptable. people need to demand more. democrats are just another side of the coin to the obstruction to actual progress
It's such a joke. Two parties, one is blatantly corrupt and the other is less obvious while giving the appearance of righteousness but never getting anything accomplished.

none of this is acceptable. people need to demand more. democrats are just another side of the coin to the obstruction to actual progress

Can’t demand anything under the current rules, if you don’t have the seats and the vehicles to actually change ****. First step is to Vote the republicans out in the senate...and some progress can start. Electoral college reform. Take money out of politics. End racial gerrymandering and voter suppression and then....change could possible be made by destroying the outdated current bs system. A lot of this was in the Campaign Finance reform bill.

These are all proposals that progressive democrats proposed..that passed the house, but Mitch McConnell and senate republicans won’t take it up. And it dies in the senate graveyard.

That both sides apathy ain’t going to get us nowhere. You gotta play the game....in overwhelming numbers first. Then start overhauling the bs system. Dismantling it altogether.

Can’t demand anything under the current rules, if you don’t have the seats and the vehicles to actually change ****. First step is to Vote the republicans out in the senate...and some progress can start. Electoral college reform. Take money out of politics. End racial gerrymandering and voter suppression and then....change could possible be made by destroying the outdated current bs system. A lot of this was in the Campaign Finance reform bill.

These are all proposals that progressive democrats proposed..that passed the house, but Mitch McConnell and senate republicans won’t take it up. And it dies in the senate graveyard.

That both sides apathy ain’t going to get us nowhere. You gotta play the game....in overwhelming numbers first. Then start overhauling the bs system. Dismantling it altogether.
To me that's nothing but selling dreams. Democrats know full well these proposals will go nowhere. But they have something to point to and say look we tried but those darn Republicans, those are the ones to blame. It's nothing but good cop/bad cop on a massive scale. Playing their game is what got us here in the first place. Playing their game has never accomplished anything.

I’ve realized that I have some of the fakest friends ever. All that big talk about “being down for my people”, “down for the revolution”, “I would be on the frontline” - when I asked, what have they done since the protest? March? Donate? Educate? Give back to the community?

Nothing....

Time to get them scary folks out my circle.

opposite for me. a lot of people are really surprising me. protests, donations, etc.

I think this is the one area that gets ignored that causes people a lot of frustration and generates a ton of hot takes.

The current electoral system protects bad actors and creates bad incentives. People can't hold the elected officials accountable because the system in which we elect people doesn't give the public enough power to do so.

As flawed as the Democratic Party is, it is still more responsive to people needs generally, and most importantly it is in flavor of making your electoral process more fair and representative. However they can't make positive change until they grasp enough power in this corrupted system. That is the dilemma. It takes a leap of faith that understandablely people don't want to take because they see it as more beneficial to another set of elites and not themselves.

But with more political power people could not only vote out more racist Republicans, but also trash *** Democrats. You could form coalitions within the parties that function in the same way third parties do in Parimentary systems. Independents and third party candidates will have more of a chance. Then you can push more even more reforms to further transform the system and make it more responsive. In a generation your political parties would not look like their former selves.

It is kinda a ****ty pill to swallow but it is the most sensible way forward because there will not be a revolution to overthrow system and install a benevolent set of legislators, anarchy is not gonna work, and a third party is not gonna show up sweep into power and fix everything.

That is the reality of the situation, and folk gotta realize that.

Now this is speaking generally but mainly about national politics. Local election have abysmal turnout. So much power can be grabbed locally if folk organize and tactically put in work.

-And just to be clear, I am not presenting this as a panacea to the problem. We need boots on the ground activism too, and tons of it. Handing a party power by itself won't fix everything.

Last edited:
To me that's nothing but selling dreams. Democrats know full well these proposals will go nowhere. But they have something to point to and say look we tried but those darn Republicans, those are the ones to blame. It's nothing but good cop/bad cop on a massive scale. Playing their game is what got us here in the first place. Playing their game has never accomplished anything.

Oh...of course it’s symbolic. It’s politics. The point is to give the public something to “vote for”. The alternative is do absolutely nothing...and having nothing on the table. And on the converse...the republicans want to create apathy and keep a status quo. So it’s a damned if you do, dammed if you don’t. I much rather actually doing something...if the goal is to pick up more seats. Where you have the numbers/powers to not make things symbolic and have no excuses to pass legislation.

I think the difference is....the Republican Party really showed it’s teeth...since they’ve become the majority in Congress over the last 10 years or so. For a long time The dems foolishly thought the republicans were good faith actors, with a difference of opinion. Wrong. It’s a truly corrupt and destructive/obstructive Party that’s creating an apartheid state. And we saw with the last mid term elections that some change can actually happen. More progressive candidates who actually are change agents...and not the corporate ones. Those black female candidates etc that got voted in over the old white moderate dems are the future. And they actually are about **** like abolishing the senate and destroying the system.

The name of the game is demographics. And a lot of what’s going on is last grasps at slowing down or maintaining a majority white country...that rules with White supremacist. So yeah man. Voting is a tool we can use. It’s A tool. But it’s vital.

Apathy ain’t the way.

Back
Top Bottom