RIP George Floyd

IMG_20200625_103230.jpg

Wanting to exterminate a race isn't racist brehs, claiming that it is is the real racism...

Also totally understandable to react to protests against police killing unarmed people with thoughts of genocide against those people, totally normal

Need to all be immediately fired and have their pension put back into the city. Anyone who heard these statements and said nothing should be fired also.

Get these folks outta here.

If I made statements anywhere close to that about regular people, let alone some god damn cops, I’d be under investigation for extremist ideology.

Need to all be immediately fired and have their pension put back into the city. Anyone who heard these statements and said nothing should be fired also.

If I made statements anywhere close to that about regular people, let alone some god damn cops, I’d be under investigation for extremist ideology.
Sho’ you right.

Bruh it's truly insane how 'officers of the law' can make literal terroristic threats and speak on their eagerness to massacre an entire group of people on tape and not get any sort of reprimand besides losing their job :stoneface:

You or me would probably get federal charges for that type of incitement on the job while those pieces of **** have the means and connections to actually go through with those plans...

Maybe I'm too nice, i really think white folks don't understand. They have rudimentary understandings of racism. And they friends and family are racist and good people so they struggle with separating the two.

Thoughts on this?

My boy just posted thisin the group chat

No lies detected. We would all be fired on the spot and some of us would get them hands when we walked to our cars after being fired.

Maybe I'm too nice, i really think white folks don't understand. They have rudimentary understandings of racism. And they friends and family are racist and good people so they struggle with separating the two.

Thoughts on this?

I think they understand completely, how else would they keep weaponizing police by calling them on black folks? They just don't want to disrupt their comfortable world by accepting it and having to deal with it. Just like NTer's here who get upset by it disrupting their happy browsing.

It really is a shame that Vice is where it's at now

But I'm glad that Vox and NPR are around

yeah, they used to have pretty good material now it’s just the worst. Idk maybe they have new owners or something?

npr is cool, my boys wife actually works for them. She gets a little annoyed with them but at least their news is legit.

No.
In general, why are you active in this thread.

Honest question.
To gain a better understanding of racism (not the dictionary definition but what’s being discussed here) and better myself as a person as a result of that newfound knowledge. Does it really matter why I choose to view this thread?

Thoughts on this?

It’s tough to understand discrimination when you are the beneficiary of the privilege that comes through discrimination. Some do not even recognize what they have going for them, therefore not being able to discuss the matter from a practical standpoint. This is why privilege does white people no favors. White supremacy celebrates mediocrity.

To gain a better understanding of racism (not the dictionary definition but what’s being discussed here) and better myself as a person as a result of that newfound knowledge. Does it really matter why I choose to view this thread?
it doesn’t. the point of the thread is to educate.

why all american district of columbia acts like he is a niketalk god on here is beyond me.

Thoughts on this?

Reminds me of

:lol:

There's a lot of ignorant and un self-aware/critical folks out there but I like to believe that most everyday folks, especially the ones who live in diverse areas, aren't totally stupid or completely oblivious to the racial dynamics in our societies. Just think that a lot tend recognize certain advantages they may have over others and find it pretty hard to reconcile themselves from that.

Others can and do become proactive in combating and trying to change the mentalities of those they know but I'd say that's a small minority who are actively selfless like that and willing to consciously sacrifice certain benefits afforded to them in the name of righteousness. Most people aren't built like that in hyper-individualistic soceties like ours from my experience

it doesn’t. the point of the thread is to educate.

why all american district of columbia acts like he is a niketalk god on here is beyond me.
Nope, the point of this thread is not to educate, the point of this thread is George Floyd. The educating comes to those who are willing to learn, even through the smallest faux pas. It seems that the white posters make the same mistake over and over again, once they enter the thread. They don’t want to learn.

Back
Top Bottom