3C4JfcPJ

DHouCw4UAAEjEJB.jpg

Yo he ain't care who u was
He was gonna check u
That's why I mess with him
His breakfast club interview was good.
I think he checked them during the interview too for tryna talk over him
RIP

Rest in peace to the man. His interviews were always a good listen and gave you something to think about.

Plus, he had that "Hehh!" after each point made. Kanye who?

RIP. He was kinda out there for me but interesting to listen to nonetheless. Cause of death? He was 84 and vegan. Thought he would go longer.

Saddened by the news. I kinda fell into following his speeches on YouTube a year ago but I thought he had a lot of interesting things to say. He lived a life around a lot of influential people and did a lot of things in his own right that are understated and underappreciated.

R.I.P. **** Gregory

Rip **** gregory. Youtube search reelback **** gregory. He'd sleays be dropping knowledge on that youtube channel.

It was funny when D*ck called out Cedric the Entertainer for his line on Rosa Parks in Barbershop

Changed the profanity filter just for this.

A lot of people talk about intersectionality, but **** Gregory lived it. Most know him as a legendary civil rights icon, but **** Gregory was also a deeply committed feminist and animal rights activist.

He was never afraid to speak his mind. In 1967, at a time when activists were branded "communists" or "unpatriotic" for opposing the Vietnam War, Mr. Gregory went on a 32 day hunger strike in protest. The following year, he vowed to live on bread and water while jailed as a part of a protest against state laws denying treaty rights to the Puyallup and Nisqually tribes in Washington State organized by the Survival of American Indians Association.

His willingness to sacrifice his career, put himself in harm's way for his beliefs, and live his values as consistently as possible should forever remain and inspiration to us all.

"Under the leadership of Dr. King I became totally committed to nonviolence, and I was convinced that nonviolence meant opposition to killing in any form. I felt the commandment “Thou shalt not kill” applied to human beings not only in their dealings with each other—war, lynching, assassination, murder and the like—but in their practice of killing animals for food or sport. Animals and humans suffer and die alike. Violence causes the same pain, the same spilling of blood, the same stench of death, the same arrogant, cruel and brutal taking of life."

It's said that he even inspired Dexter Scott King to extend the principles of non-violence to his diet. (Who then encouraged Coretta Scott King to do the same.)

Today, we often celebrate famous people who do a little activism on the side. **** Gregory was so much more. He stood among the most famed humorists of his generation, heavily inspiring, among others, Richard Pryor, Paul Mooney, and Eddie Murphy. To be remembered as such would be more than enough for anyone to consider their life well-lived.

It speaks volumes that **** Gregory will be remembered, first, as an activist.

106dac77c696d9b5d17ec409801272bb.jpg

dg-king-talk.jpg

dick9.gif

ap780709010_custom-e0e67b3a991f0e18f744c2e092c1ef4e8d105ebf-s800-c85.jpg

Back
Top Bottom