RIP Jonas Bevacqua of LRG

i remember way back in the days when LRG first hit stores. some chick at Mr. Ragz was trying to hustle a pair a jeans and told me they were the newest/hottest %%*@ out
laugh.gif

R.I.P to dude

i had so much lrg. lol. back when cats thought it meant large. i used to get snapped on for wearing it.
this is like 01

RIP to Jonas. Definitely the best to ever do it from scratch and be able to maintain through all the changes in time. No one was touching him in the streetwear nor jewelry game. That picture from Vegas hotel room still leave me in :EEK

Condolences to his family and friend. Specially Ben. Aint no joke in losing your best friend and specially when it feels like you weren't able to help. It's definitely gonna be a tough one but keep your head up b, pause.

Man...Words can't express how I feel right now. This is so random, and I thought about him the other day, I remember Ben saying he was in rehab..Damn

I remember selling LRG on eBay back in 06-08 I would literally cop a hoody in Macy's (one day sale) for like 20.00 and flip it on eBay for literally 100.00 plus..I don't know why the value was so damn high back then (nor did I mind) because I sold to people in Florida (where I am from) and they bought it for triple what I paid lol..And also the hustle trees shirts for some reason, these joints where in high demand back in 06 and dudes would pay up to $70.00 for the hustle trees shirt I bought at Burlington for $19.99...Thank you Jonas, for your influence on pop culture and your unique style that actually fun to wear and brought me plenty of good times (and money lol)..RIP you will never be forgotten and I still wear LRG to this day, the only urban brand I wear and that says a LOT.

118543.jpg

How old was he??

I never got into LRG, I might have one shirt of his but I could tell that it was a huge brand especially here in the bay area. During the height of it's popularity I couldn't go anywhere without seeing someone with an LRG tee or hoodie or jeans.

Much respect to him and RIP.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Originally Posted by firered18

Idc what no one says, I still rock my LRGeans, they made some damn good pieces. Now as for shirts and hoodies...meh had to let em go lol

almost all of my jeans are lrg....... just picked up this leather a month ago 

Speaking of leathers...

I wanted the Grass Roots Leather sooo bad for a while...

J094003-BLUzoom4.jpg

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

damn I remember Ben posting pics of some serious drank a couple years back

Yea probably, a lot of rappers here in Texas be dying from that stuff too. It is pretty good though
tired.gif

Those Hustle Trees T's were my favorite LRG pieces, I never got into the hoodies, but did like the jeans.

Yeah I definitely remember the old Hi Tek,De La Soul,Smif N Wessun and Blackalicious ads and being on some "yo WHERE can I find this *$$*?".
The kid definitely knew what he was doing.
pimp.gif
Respect.

R.I.P. Jonas, he was truly one of the leading pioneers of streetwear, and an entrepreneur

Back
Top Bottom