RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Maino was on hot 97 talking bout the Startenders. He's actually doing a doc on that whole strip club/bartender/club/money scene....and it sounded dope. Like he was examining all aspects of it.

I ain't been to NYC in a minute. But I peeped videos where dudes were throwing money on the bartenders :lol:. Maino talked about that too. Like, the ***** making it rain at the bar...and not at the VIP or the strippers anymore. Cash competition. I know this scammer dude that be taking trips up there...and he can confirm.

Good interview btw. If Maino actually put out good music, I'd support him :lol:. He be speaking that real @ 11:25

I like his current mixtape

but they have a right to feel a way about the bartenders. They started wearing less and less clothes and they dance. You might as well be on stage. You have pasties on. It's not nude in the city, so nothing is separating you besides how you identify yourself. Ask if they're a stripper? Plus they aren't hiring brown skin and dark skin women. There's few dominican dark skin ones and there might not be more than a couple of american black girls.

i really wish the culture of championing clowns *** ****** was never started in Hiphop man. a bunch of Court Jesters out here just running around

Always thought making it rain on bartenders was stupid, and I figured they thought it was disrespectful. Its like they reap all the benefits without having to be nearly as nude or get touched on

honestly the Bartenders are easily the baddest ones in the club so i get why they get the attention they do. Also this trend of having the Stripper poles behind the bar, really ****s things up for the strippers.

and another thing is that these bartenders are bringing in more bread than the strippers for the actual club, A lot of these chicks are just free promotion for the club, not to mention they have alot of connects with the hustlers/scammers. they lettting these dudes swipe 20 bottles for the commission they getting off of it.

honestly the Bartenders are easily the baddest ones in the club so i get why they get the attention they do. Also this trend of having the Stripper poles behind the bar, really ****s things up for the strippers.

and another thing is that these bartenders are bringing in more bread than the strippers for the actual club, A lot of these chicks are just free promotion for the club, not to mention they have alot of connects with the hustlers/scammers. they lettting these dudes swipe 20 bottles for the commission they getting off of it.

It's a few, but more of them are just domincan chicks with long hair and the DR plastic package.

Him, Envy, Self, Clue, Love Dinero, Spin King, are the top flight DJ's in the club circuit. Flex is still the king son brings the biggest and best crowds. Clue is a close second. It's so crazy how the strip club has become the main club scene in NYC. *****s ain't ****ing with Manhattan no more you either in Queens or BK at the strip clubs or in dyckman or the heights at the "lounge's"/clubs

Is it a good thing that some of the ogs still have that much spin?

Yes and no, because older people still listening and being a fixture in hip hop ensures it has a future.

It's up to the young dudes to knock Clue, Envy, Kay Slay and Flex off.

Man, that whole culture is crazy to me. Wild interesting dynamics there....and how ties into modern NYC hip hop and club culture.

I'm guessing, Big Clubs are pretty much dead in NYC? Lounges, hookah spots and strip clubs right?

Yeah I've been peeping the convo around this for a lil min. Strippers heated cause the startenders cutting into their check :lol:

I know IG has played a big part in this too

Tekashi got another too, _ 100% sidestepped the pedohile allegations with Gummo :lol: :smh:

Seem like he finally found his lane tho, he gonna have to renegotiate that deal now

Who is he signed to

I wanna make it to a NY club while Gummo is still in its prime

Dog.....the bar is really the VIP now in NYC :lol:.

kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc . This how it is?

The hell? Lol

for the most part yea depending on the demographic you wanna be in. Not to mention day parties & brunches have began booming over the past few years so that's another blow to the bigger clubs. Outside of the 1 Oak's, Up & Down, & a few more the bigger clubs aren't nearly as prominent.

It's a mixture between the clubs shooting themselves in the foot & the gentrification of NYC tho. Most of the major clubs were based in Manhattan which is a bit out the way for cats in the surrounding Boroughs. as Manhattan starts to get more & more strict with zoning laws & police presence, clubs get stricter with Dress Code's, the "crowd" their aiming to draw becomes less & less involved with hiphop.

On the flip side a lot of smaller lounges & strip clubs start popping up in the outer boroughs, no dress codes & they play a lot of music catered to the streets. so a lot of the dudes who use to frequent the club have more options and feel a lot more comfortable in their own boroughs & closer to home. Add in the Henny Palooza's, Pizza Zoo, and other pop up parties & NYC clubs with & all the hassle that comes with them just isn't worth it for everyone.

Also the whole vibe of VIP & bottle service just took away a certain energy from the clubs in NYC.

Yes because they have years upon years of experience rocking parties rather than just playing songs. I don't agree with flex on a lot but he KILLS his sets in parties, & if a young cat isn't up on his history in rap they are gonna turn a large part of the crowd off. the club usually has a mixture of people from 21 to mid 30's in it, ****** ain't tryna here Gunmo all night.

They usually have their young djs that also spin earlier in the night. These guys might do 1hr or 2 then dip to the next club. Thats how its always been but flex and clue been on top for decades at this point. Envy just works harder then everyone else.

Spinking I think owns lust with his family and they just made the spot hot so he is making his way but its gonna be hard to knock flex off unless he is off hot 97.

I was out there with them that night **** was crazy. Cardi b sister was there as well but she primarily stayed in VIP. Po, Tommy, and Sosa some cool *** ******

for the most part yea depending on the demographic you wanna be in. Not to mention day parties & brunches have began booming over the past few years so that's another blow to the bigger clubs. Outside of the 1 Oak's, Up & Down, & a few more the bigger clubs aren't nearly as prominent.

It's a mixture between the clubs shooting themselves in the foot & the gentrification of NYC tho. Most of the major clubs were based in Manhattan which is a bit out the way for cats in the surrounding Boroughs. as Manhattan starts to get more & more strict with zoning laws & police presence, clubs get stricter with Dress Code's, the "crowd" their aiming to draw becomes less & less involved with hiphop.

On the flip side a lot of smaller lounges & strip clubs start popping up in the outer boroughs, no dress codes & they play a lot of music catered to the streets. so a lot of the dudes who use to frequent the club have more options and feel a lot more comfortable in their own boroughs & closer to home. Add in the Henny Palooza's, Pizza Zoo, and other pop up parties & NYC clubs with & all the hassle that comes with them just isn't worth it for everyone.

Also the whole vibe of VIP & bottle service just took away a certain energy from the clubs in NYC.
Not being funny but you basically just described how the Atlanta nightlife popped off in the late 90’s and 00’s to now :lol: ...Pretty similar except they still do big clubs down there, but they always changing ..interesting to see how it happens with laws/gentrification/development

The NYC joints I know luv lounges and hookah

Not being funny but you basically just described how the Atlanta nightlife popped off in the late 90’s and 00’s to now :lol: ...Pretty similar except they still do big clubs down there, but they always changing ..interesting to see how it happens with laws/gentrification/development

The NYC joints I know luv lounges and hookah

Yeah honestly it's just a lot more convenient for a lot of people out here to go to the Hookah Lounges/ smaller venues. That's not to say the actual club is dead because there's still a few out there but compared to around 06-10 when there was literally one lit club that everyone was going to on a specific night, that has watered down.

Mane at least y’all don’t gotta deal with Baltimore nightlife ...outside of a couple strip clubs everybody just goes to DC :lol: :smh:

that snippet took me back lol oms. havent listen to cam since boss of all bosses era. ima check his new joint out if he comin like this

I love how the internet has made it so you can never fall off and always have your niche.

Wanna see Cam have a second run as the NY OG.

I love and hate this. Love it cause a lot of my faves out of the limelight can still stay on the radar. Hate it cause it gives garbage a lifeline.

Back
Top Bottom