RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Yeah he get a lot of love. Some people (myself included) can't over him sounded exactly like Dej Loaf and I listened to his album, wasn't really feeling it.

So what do you guys think about this Mad Skillz (Virgina) vs. Uncle Murda (Brooklyn) rap battle. Basically talking about how Murda copied Skillz whole entire idea in the past couple of years with the yearly HipHop “Rap Up”.

Skillz put out a diss track yesterday that was good, but sounded very cliche Mad Skillz, and went at Murda about how wack and lame he is about the whole biting of his style.

In the disstrack, Skillz said something like “I know New Yorkers are going to hate me for this, but you’re the reason why New York is soft”!! :stoneface:

I thought Skillz was reaching really hard with that line. People from other states always want to say how soft New York is. Like me and fellow New Yorkers are suppose to just pull out blades and slice peoples faces just for fun or stickup people once they get off the subway. He also said “there’s 20 better Brooklyn rappers then Murda” then named each one. I guess those 20 are soft also..?

But what do you guys think on that line about how soft “New York is”? Do you guys think it’s true, was he reaching, or was it just word play for the disstrack??

I hear the NY is getting soft from a lot of older people. I mean old heads say that all the time. Especially when crime ain't as prevalent.

i think youre looking too much into a diss line

i think the concept of one man being the reason why an entire region/state is soft is hilarious

So what do you guys think about this Mad Skillz (Virgina) vs. Uncle Murda (Brooklyn) rap battle. Basically talking about how Murda copied Skillz whole entire idea in the past couple of years with the yearly HipHop “Rap Up”.

Skillz put out a diss track yesterday that was good, but sounded very cliche Mad Skillz, and went at Murda about how wack and lame he is about the whole biting of his style.

In the disstrack, Skillz said something like “I know New Yorkers are going to hate me for this, but you’re the reason why New York is soft”!! :stoneface:

I thought Skillz was reaching really hard with that line. People from other states always want to say how soft New York is. Like me and fellow New Yorkers are suppose to just pull out blades and slice peoples faces just for fun or stickup people once they get off the subway. He also said “there’s 20 better Brooklyn rappers then Murda” then named each one. I guess those 20 are soft also..?

But what do you guys think on that line about how soft “New York is”? Do you guys think it’s true, was he reaching, or was it just word play for the disstrack??

It was a fantastic diss track top to bottom, and makes me very curious about Uncle Murda's response.

New York is day & night from what it was in the 80/90's but believe there's places in every borough where griminess is on full display... I think it was just diss rap **** i can Guarantee he ain't running up on Murda anywhere where security isn't plentiful & saying that so it's a wash:lol:

Murda seemed to have calmed down a bit but dude said that, talked about his father & a few other personals. Everyone isn't for rap beef, so i hope he's aware of that :lol:

Gentrification hit NY harder than some other places and it continues to do so. Saying all of NY is soft is dumb though, Skillz clearly meant that as more of a diss towards Murda than the city itself. I'm not sure who might be the next "face" or king of New York, I just hope that person is lyrical as ****

Gentrification hit NY harder than some other places and it continues to do so. Saying all of NY is soft is dumb though, Skillz clearly meant that as more of a diss towards Murda than the city itself. I'm not sure who might be the next "face" or king of New York, I just hope that person is lyrical as ****

This

NY is gonna be full of transplants in another 10-15 years. People are either getting locked up or moving out.

It was a fantastic diss track top to bottom, and makes me very curious about Uncle Murda's response.

It was forgettable. Nobody talked about his diss like Mase's.

Saying AZ or Jay is better and more relevant than Murda, ok...

And his flow was missing, he ruined the beat

Is either one of these dudes as known publicly as Mase or Cam? Whose going to talk about it aside from die hards and people in this thread?

Is either one of these dudes as known publicly as Mase or Cam? Whose going to talk about it aside from die hards and people in this thread?

When I said nobody, I'm talking about the actual content of what Skillz said. It was forgettable. You signed with G-Unit too late. There's BK rappers better than you. The dad stuff was a reach, and could be considered disrespectful.

I'm someone who remembers him from the 90's when he used to battle rap. That was whatever. It was nothing to hype up.

It was nothing even worthy of replying to.

Gentrification has made NYC softer but **** still goes down. It’s just in pockets rather than citywide. There are still a lot of drugs, gangs, violence but not on the same scale as before. Which is a good thing except that the people who benefit aren’t from here and their residency here has displaced a lot of lower income native New Yorkers.

I haven’t fully heard the diss but Murda is trash. And he, Bekay and some others definitely bit Skillz Rap Up wave.

Probably because people have much more rapport with Mase and Cam than Skillz and Uncle Murda :lol: and there was nothing wrong with his flow at all. He actually sounded way hungrier than he has in a very long time. Murda Gram and Rap Up 2017 are the best he's sounded since the mid 00s. That's why people have taken a liking to Uncle Murda's Rap Ups in recent years cause Skillz has been sleep-walking through his for a long time now.

I hear the NY is getting soft from a lot of older people. I mean old heads say that all the time. Especially when crime ain't as prevalent.
A person that isn't from NY isn' qualified to talk about NY being soft. Period. It's disrespectful.

Anyway, skillz **** was trash.

Back
Top Bottom