RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Prince was smashing bitty's in high heels and a blouse

ehh people love this logic but imo the line kinda stops with makeup and purses and heels and ****. amine (caroline) doing that **** now. fake *** frank ocean *** ***** lol.

i dont really respect it if its solely from a place of trying to brand yourself but get it how u live i guess.

being feminine =/= gay and IMO youre wilding more for being feminine as a branding tool than if you were just naturally like that. i think prince was naturally that weird tho.

Prince was smashing bitty's in high heels and a blouse

Guys like Prince, Rick James, Cameo, Dennis Rodman, Sly Stone etc etc. what’s your point?

I don’t care or judge their sexuality. I just find it silly when y’all justify dudes doing stuff “simply” for publicity, when they really and truly are bisexual.

(Which is no problem) I for one think cats like Prince, Cameo, Rick James, etc we’re bisexual. But I still love their music.

I feel y’all lean on the “publicity” aspect to much. Again, if women want guys like Prince or Young Thug, it’s fine. No issues there.

Prince was out here like this, for Pete’s sake:

prince-mtv-awards-1991-but-cheecks-85dbc5c2-0fb0-467f-ac56-5575932ab817.jpg

Attachments

• 6F9018A9-75E2-4E55-B82B-ED22FB204C16.jpeg
    6F9018A9-75E2-4E55-B82B-ED22FB204C16.jpeg
    942.5 KB · Views: 1
Guys like Prince, Rick James, Cameo, Dennis Rodman, Sly Stone etc etc. what’s your point?

I don’t care or judge their sexuality. I just find it silly when y’all justify dudes doing stuff “simply” for publicity, when they really and truly are bisexual.

(Which is no problem) I for one think cats like Prince, Cameo, Rick James, etc we’re bisexual. But I still love their music.

I feel y’all lean on the “publicity” aspect to much. Again, if women want guys like Prince or Young Thug, it’s fine. No issues there.

Prince was out here like this, for Pete’s sake:

prince-mtv-awards-1991-but-cheecks-85dbc5c2-0fb0-467f-ac56-5575932ab817.jpg

Your whole little issue is stuck on what you think and "publicity". At the end of the day we don't know anything and it's not absurd to say people do **** for publicity. Like in this day and time you really don't think dudes will do the most for attention?

Last edited:
Prince is my goat but nobody should be surprised if he was into women and men. :lol:

As far as Thug my opinion has always been the same. No straight man is gonna be comfortable faking gay that far. He makes good music but that dude is sweet.

Amway. So it seemed like Bobby was the front-runner of being the face of NY. Who's the lead in taking that place now? I would like to think Dave East would be it but I think his popularity has peaked. I don't think he's gonna get any bigger as far as popularity goes

at least prince's music was dope. cameo and all of them too. can't say the same for these other weird *** ****** now.

Amway. So it seemed like Bobby was the front-runner of being the face of NY. Who's the lead in taking that place now? I would like to think Dave East would be it but I think his popularity has peaked. I don't think he's gonna get any bigger as far as popularity goes
westside gunn got that or somebody else from griselda bar for bar like conway or benny.
charisma, all that once ppl stop sleeping.

other than that i feel like sheff g should be up next.

NY hasnt prospered in the 2010’s up until these last 2 years because they stay looking for that 50/Cam/Jay “face of New York” instead of being appreciative that there are a lot of different artist types moving in separate lanes.

who is the face of Atlanta

NY hasnt prospered in the 2010’s up until these last 2 years because they stay looking for that 50/Cam/Jay “face of New York” instead of being appreciative that there are a lot of different artist types moving in separate lanes.

who is the face of Atlanta

It seems like the local artists are starting to make a buzz and creating their own sound. Once that gets going it's only a matter of time before somebody pops

If we're talking about who could be the biggest artist, A Boogie/Don Q/ Dave east would be my choices for guys. Clearly Cardi has already hit a new level.

But as far as guys who been out for awhile, but not considered part of the older generation A$AP Rocky/Ferg/, French Montana, Joey Bada$$ are probably the faces.

It's just hard to be that guy in NYC because the metrics to what being the "face" is so different then before. I don't necessarily think any of these guys are gonna be top 5 selling hiphop artist (Rocky could, but it's cler rap ain't his only motivation).

And every artist sound is extremely different so it's hard to dominate that #1 spot. Before the criteria was quite easy, who was the best ***** spitting & who controlled the streets/radio/clubs

Now with so many different sub genre's & way of judging "success" i don't think there's a viable way to be the "FACE" unless you doing K.dot/Drake/Cole type numbers & impact.

joey badass has the most chance to be that guy since he still young as hell and already so good and has an established fanbase

NY need to find a way to re-invent the boom bap sound/Heatmakers/Dame Grease sound. That’s the only way they’ll recover

This is such a hard question when it's so much artist from NYC who are either legends, underground, internet popping, club popping, etc. The only young "stars" right now is cardi and to a lesser extent a boogie. It's really only 3 or 4 "superstars" in rap right now and they all hail from different places.

One day some of you are going to realize, they did it too isn't a valid argument. As if that makes it right.

Some of ya'll tried that with the drug use and you try it with the feminine mannerisms being displayed.

NY need to find a way to re-invent the boom bap sound/Heatmakers/Dame Grease sound. That’s the only way they’ll recover
Griselda records already does this and is wild consistent. I think because they're from buffalo they're getting downplayed but they have the state on their backs IMO.

Nobody else is as consistent and the production is ridiculous. And the bars.

It's 2018

NYC rappers do not and should not have to recreate boom bap or other production from the 90s / 2000s

That works for GxFR cause them dudes are 35+. Same thing with Roc Marciano and other dudes of that ilk.

But for young guys to recreate a sound they weren't around for is counter productive

And for the dude that mentioned Yams. Stevie was one of the main dudes claiming that NYC needed a new sound before he introduced Rocky as his artist.

Back
Top Bottom