Roberto Alomar has AIDS vol. wow ..........

Originally Posted by maldonado

BillyRipken89Fleer.jpg
I had that card, glad I traded it away because it isn't worth jack %$*% anymore
laugh.gif

DoubleJs07:
Am I understanding this right? He tested positive supposedly in 2005, but they just broke up in october of 08'? Why so long for the lawsuit if she knew about the results 3 years ago?
"He tested positive in 2005 and they broke up in 2008" =/= "He tested positive and told her he tested positive in 2005 and theybroke up in 2008"

Real Talk..Bad week to be a baseball player. first Arod and his steroid mess, then Miguel Tejada wrapped on some stuff for lying and not snitching, and nowAlomar..whos next? Jeter? Ramirez? Big Papi?

I remember Robby used to date Mary Pierce back in the day....

that being said...I'm having a real hard time believing the story from this lady....A lot of things don't add up. Seems like one of those things whereshe probably asked him for $$ behind closed doors, and he refused to pay....this is why the story is now in the press. Like it was said, Robby's own popsdidn't know of his supposed condition. It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out...

correct me if i'm wrong but if its not true can't he press charges on her for defamation of character ? i swear i hope its not true, i've beenbuggin all day. if he dont shoot this down soon we'll have to believe her
smh.gif

wow......growing up playing secondbase i idolized him...Met him when i was 12 in Puerto Rico....Man.....I Hope This Aint True yo
frown.gif
.....Damn B___h tryin tocome up on some dollars....

I wonder if Mary Pierce got tested. Tennis heads know exactly who I'm talking about.

i wonder why espn or mlb network are not reporting this. seems weird that no one in sports talk or tv is reporting this ....

espn via ap...he didn't carrying hiv, he just says he's in good health.

[h2]Roberto Alomar denies illness claims[/h2]
Roberto Alomar said Wednesday that he is in good health, a response to allegations made in a civil suit against him in which a former girlfriend claims heinsisted on unprotected sex for four years despite having AIDS.

"This is a very private, personal matter and I greatly appreciate all the support I have received in the past few days from my family, friends andcolleagues in baseball," the former All-Star second baseman said in a statement. "I am in very good health and I ask that you respect my privacyduring this time."

Ilya Dall, a former girlfriend of Roberto Alomar, filed a civil suit Jan. 30 alleging that Alomar demanded unprotected sex with her despite showing obvioussigns of AIDS, and that the 41-year-old Alomar later tested positive for the disease. Dall has not tested positive for HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. She isseeking at least $15 million in damages.

"As for the lawsuit, it is filled with lies and I am deeply saddened that someone I cared for would make such terrible accusations and try to hurt mein this way," Alomar said in his statement.

Earlier Wednesday, his father told ESPN that Roberto is not ill.

"The only thing that I can tell you is that this is news to us," Sandy Alomar Sr. said. "When a person is sick like that, wouldn't hehave to be in the hospital? I haven't seen my son sick like that. I am confident that he is fine.

"We are a family. We are very close, a family that is united. I am sure my son is fine. Other than that, we are going to let the lawyers handleit."

Alomar Sr. said he saw his son on Monday when Roberto ended a visit with the family.

"He was well. He wasn't sick," Alomar Sr. told ESPN.

Alomar was honored before the Toronto Blue Jays home opener in April and showed no obvious signs of health problems.

Alomar lawyer Charles Bach told the New York Daily News the allegations are "frivolous and baseless."

Alomar spent 17 years in the major leagues and was one of baseball's best players in the 1990s, making 12 straight All-Star appearances and winning twoWorld Series with the Blue Jays.

A career .300 hitter with 10 Gold Gloves, Alomar broke in with the San Diego Padres in 1988 and also played for the Baltimore Orioles, Cleveland Indians,New York Mets, Arizona Diamondbacks and Chicago White Sox. He last played in the majors in 2004.

One of the most memorable moments of Alomar's career came in 1996, when he became enraged after a third strike and spit on umpire John Hirschbeck. Hedrew a five-game suspension that was later overturned.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Roberto Alomar was well known for going to gay clubs in New York. That could be how he got AIDS.

Wow that response from him. Safe to say, he's battling this illness.(?)And him being a Gay or having Aids doesn't take away from what he did on thefield.

Sad his personal life is about to be aired out in the media.
I wouldn't wish aids or his ordeal on my worst enemy.

Originally Posted by onewearz

this all could be bull s**t. hopefully it is. hers a pic w/ roberto and his most recent girlfriend. he don't look like someone w/ full blown aids. true neither does magic but this dude still looks pretty healthy. hopefully like i said this is all false ......

6092.jpg

1. Magic never developed those types of symptoms described above 2. Magic's T-Cell count never got to immunocompromised levels 3. AIDS medications andtreatments have advanced dramatically since the late 80's early 90's...... that "skull and bones-near death" appearance is not the norm. Iworked 4 years at NIH and they have a AIDS clinic.... you would be shocked to see who has it and who doesnt....

Crazy story.

It's been a rough week for baseball.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

he always had that aids look about him ... wonder if that ump he spit on got it ...
I'm not good with the gifs like a lot of people on here, but there have to be more than a few that would work in response to this stupidity. I'll just go with
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom