Ron Artest Agrees To Terms With The Lakers vol: It's a done deal (Full MLE $32 mill for 5 year)

Oh...so now the Rockets are a bad team.
laugh.gif

{Seinfeld .gif}

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by Pill Clinton

Artest is beyond overated you trade the guy who probably was the real Playoff MVP for a guy who is the T.O. of the NBA and doesnt really add anything to the team. They should have resigned Areza
Doesn't add anything to the team? are you stupid?
Artest is exactly what Ariza is but 2 times better

way better defender, better shooter, and can create his own shot unlike trev....He averaged double arizas pts
grin.gif
laugh.gif

you mad? Ariza is my dude but i'd rather have Artest over ariza. point blank period. Only thing trevor got on artest is his age.

Lakers are winning the championship AGAIN. If i wasn't a laker fan i'd say the same thing. theres no way lakers are losing, no way possible unless artest and kobe bump heads. too strong and too deep now. plus we still got odom
wink.gif

EDIT:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ ariza being finals MVP

[the rock]know your role and shut your mouth[/the rock]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Calm down boy you're proving my point why mess with what already works. Artest averaged more points on a bad team. Ariza did it on a championship team. He played his butt off for the Lakes and this iis how you repay "kick rocks you helped us win the ship this year but we're going to try this guy we're not so sure about" They should have kept Ariza.
i dint know avg under 10 points is doing it big ?? and its already been talked about , we offered him the same houston did so how is it us tellinghim to kick rocks?

our lineup is amazing (assuming we re-sign LO and Shannon)

Kobe
Pau
Artest
Bynum
Lamar
Fish
Farmar
Luke
Powell
Brown
Sasha

Artest be runnin Point Forward alot so this lineup is gonna be crazy!!!

Artest
Bryant
Odom
Gasol
Bynum

Good night.

EDIT:

Oh snap. I forgot Odom can handle the rock as well... Damn that lineup is a problem for real.
smh.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif
Lakers wouldnt have beat the Nuggets without Trevor thats freakin Valuable. lakers should have rewarded their valuable role player and went a differentdirection in my opinion

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

our lineup is amazing (assuming we re-sign LO and Shannon)

Kobe
Pau
Artest
Bynum
Lamar
Fish
Farmar
Luke
Powell
Brown
Sasha
A decent backup C would be a nice addition imo.

Anyway that lineup is stacked. Imagine if Bynum returns to his pre injury form.

Its a wrap for the rest of the league.

Originally Posted by 430AM

Artest be runnin Point Forward alot so this lineup is gonna be crazy!!!

Artest
Bryant
Odom
Gasol
Bynum

Good night.
naw LO at point

(don't really want to see this lineup in a game though)

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by Pill Clinton

Artest is beyond overated you trade the guy who probably was the real Playoff MVP for a guy who is the T.O. of the NBA and doesnt really add anything to the team. They should have resigned Areza
Doesn't add anything to the team? are you stupid?
Artest is exactly what Ariza is but 2 times better

way better defender, better shooter, and can create his own shot unlike trev....He averaged double arizas pts
grin.gif
laugh.gif

you mad? Ariza is my dude but i'd rather have Artest over ariza. point blank period. Only thing trevor got on artest is his age.

Lakers are winning the championship AGAIN. If i wasn't a laker fan i'd say the same thing. theres no way lakers are losing, no way possible unless artest and kobe bump heads. too strong and too deep now. plus we still got odom
wink.gif

EDIT:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ ariza being finals MVP

[the rock]know your role and shut your mouth[/the rock]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Calm down boy you're proving my point why mess with what already works. Artest averaged more points on a bad team. Ariza did it on a championship team. He played his butt off for the Lakes and this iis how you repay "kick rocks you helped us win the ship this year but we're going to try this guy we're not so sure about" They should have kept Ariza.
i dint know avg under 10 points is doing it big ?? and its already been talked about , we offered him the same houston did so how is it us telling him to kick rocks?
I feel Ariza could be more valuable in the long term to the lakers instead of Artest. Im not talking scoring alone you see how much dirty work hedid in the playoffs I feel thats what theyre gettin 'test for when they had a young dude doing it already.

laugh.gif
Lakers wouldnt have beat the Nuggets without Trevor thats freakin Valuable. lakers should have rewarded their valuable role player and went a different direction in my opinion
At the expense of getting a better player. Do you honestly believe Ariza is better than Artest?

Originally Posted by epox12

laugh.gif
Lakers wouldnt have beat the Nuggets without Trevor thats freakin Valuable. lakers should have rewarded their valuable role player and went a different direction in my opinion
At the expense of getting a better player. Do you honestly believe Ariza is better than Artest?
not saying that but in the long run ariza I feel would pay off. 'test is winding down and he comes with some locker room questions too. Kobejust wants to win as many chanmpionships as he can as quick as he can which is always the goal. But why mess with what already works especially when you have ayoung player that already proves he can somewhat get it done.

laugh.gif
not saying that but in the long run ariza I feel would pay off. 'test is winding down and he comes with some locker room questions too. Kobe just wants to win as many chanmpionships as he can as quick as he can which is always the goal. But why mess with what already works especially when you have a young player that already proves he can somewhat get it done.

I feel that but why not make a championship team better? If you get content that's when you get beat IMO. The other thing is that they got Artest for theexact same money they would have given Ariza, so they upgraded without overpaying.

I feel that but why not make a championship team better? If you get content that's when you get beat IMO. The other thing is that they got Artest for the exact same money they would have given Ariza, so they upgraded without overpaying.
not exactly, but supposedly 400 Grand above the MLE, which is a hell of a paycut for Artest.

and am i reading this right?

Ariza going to Houston for the MLE? the same amount the Lakers offered him? doesn't make a damn sense.

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15860532

we lost ariza coz of his agent.... david lee wanted to control the situation too much same as what he did bynum; who was willing to sign for less
now trev is screwed.. he flourished in la coz of the team he had around him, i doubt he'll be as wide open as he was with the lakers

you think ariza is going to be like james posey when he played big for the celtics and then became a no-namer on the hornets?

Ariza going to Houston for the MLE? the same amount the Lakers offered him? doesn't make a damn sense.

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15860532

Supposedly Ariza took Houstons offer for the same money that L.A. offered because he wanted to feel "appreciated". His agent made a big deal aboutthe Lakers low offer then they got Artest for the lower amount. Now Ariza can feel appreciated in Houston and not making the playoff unless Tmac and Yao canrecover. If the chants of "dont go" at the Coliseum or at Niketown dont mean he's appreciated I dont know what does.

^ In separate threads, you and I just basically hit on the same points regarding the 'appreciated' comment.

laugh.gif

GREAT signing for the Lakers...and on the cheap also!

You know what you're getting w. Ron....Ariza for all we know could have been a fluke. I have a feeling that he won't come anywhere close to being asproductive as a Rocket in comparison to playing alongside Kobe in LA....he should really thank the scheme/Kobe for making his life that much easier...

Lakers are hands down the team to beat for the next 2-3 years....I love this for the pure fact that Cleveland has an ENORMOUS challenge of not only getting outof the East, but trying to win the chip at all....whatever gets Lebron to NY is good w. me
laugh.gif

Trevor will have a great opportunity to feel appreciated when he's the Rockets' lottery representative next year.

Back
Top Bottom