Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

I don't think the colors on the Dayotonas are too flashy. It might be me because I like blue-pink colorways. But I think it's toned down from the white and tan colors, especially if you use the tan laces. Materials are great as well. 

Did anybody else have indented toe boxes when you take out the tissue stuffing? Both toe boxes are indented on mine and I'm looking for suggestions on fixing it without ruining the suede... Please advise. Also, trying to see if this is common to other pairs or if I was just unlucky. If it's common, I don't want to waste time or money trying to replace these with another pair. Thanks guys.

$1996 Yes it's going to be a problem
I like the chances he takes on some of his apparel whether its ahit or miss! My favorite and my most complimented piece from him is the simple all black terry crewneck he released over the summer. The fit is incredible and people love the zipper opening on the sides.

I don't think the colors on the Dayotonas are too flashy. It might be me because I like blue-pink colorways. But I think it's toned down from the white and tan colors, especially if you use the tan laces. Materials are great as well. 

Did anybody else have indented toe boxes when you take out the tissue stuffing? Both toe boxes are indented on mine and I'm looking for suggestions on fixing it without ruining the suede... Please advise. Also, trying to see if this is common to other pairs or if I was just unlucky. If it's common, I don't want to waste time or money trying to replace these with another pair. Thanks guys.
saw 2-3 other dudes say that in this thread

seems somewhat common

Mine didn't have creases in the toe box, but they didn't have the socks with them.  Trying to get in touch with customer service but thinking my chances are slim at best to get them.

I saw the Daytona's during the Sneaker Freaker release at Kith and in person and on feet completely changed my opinion on the shoe. They look real good, for the spring/summer time. So I will cop and hold off until then.

the rope laces for americanas suck, anyone tried ropes from the selvedge, i am curious as to how those would look?

I decided to order some high stance socks along with my americanas for my Daytona's.. They were just delivered today.

With a giant huge hole in them, yet the packaging from UPS was pristine. I guess someone decided to run a marathon in them over at kith, then stapled some tags on them and shipped them off.

Literally back to back disappointments with them.

Quick feels about the Daytona's... They came in today, initial impressions weren't overwhelming surprise like it was for the Volcano's. Which for me felt perfect out of the box. The Daytona's, I'd say they lived up to my expectations which weren't high or low. Having a ton of NB's on my shelves, I was expecting these to surpass all my NB's in materials... not quite. The materials on the Daytona's are 'different', nice, but not the 'nicest' I've ever felt on an NB, but I feel like that's personal preference... Don't get me wrong they're definitely premium and I'm not disappointed by that at all.

Some loose strands from the material cuts but not a big deal you can just pick it off. No dented toe box in my pair, I'm an 8.5 perhaps larger sizes are suffering from this? Slight mark on the inside of my right pair but hardly noticeable, might bug you if you're ultra OCD. Overall pretty nice material choices and quality is up there no doubt.

I loved the colorway and blocking though and don't think it's too overkill in the flashy or busy area as it looks great on feet! Not much for pink on shoes, but Ronnie did it well here. It's just subtle hits and the pink is all 3M, which is really nice. Initially I dropped the lace locks off, but it looks odd without it so I went back to it and I feel the subtle contrast with the lace locks adds to the shoe. Tried all 3 laces and the whites won it over for me. I liked the ropes, the beige were OK too but the whites just make it look really clean. 

The shape and toe box being a 1600, and my first 1600, actually don't bother me that much. It doesn't banana curve up as much as some of the 1600's I've seen before and there appears to be no apparent or stiff toe shield in it which makes the shoe, if bought true to size, fit the foot pretty well.

Never walked around in 1600's before but pretty comfortable shoe on feet, cushy, I think the insole is a more premium one too and it's not clunky like a 1300 or 577 but a smoother ride closer to a 1500 or 998 but not on a 990 level. Doesn't rise as high in the heel as the 998 but a bit higher then the 1500 if you're familiar with those.

I went true to my NB size and they fit nice. A bit of room in the toe box but half sizing down would make it too tight for me. No where near a snug feel so if you're looking for that feel in this shoe, it's not there, but it's a roomy comfortable wear. 

Americana's arrive on Thurs, can't wait to see this suede -faux denim look.

-TLDR Terrific quality, colorway and enough extra's to make it worthwhile.

Last edited:
I won't write a novel about them but my Daytonas came in today. They're simply amazing in person.

Goy my Americanas in today after missing the UPS dude yesterday. Basically got the shoes shipped to my house from a small boutique exactly one week from when I ordered. I don't see any problem with this whatsoever. Will never understand why you guys were constantly complaining about shipping info, confirmations, etc...Anyways, tried putting the rope laces in them to see what they'd look like and they look absolutely horrendous in this shoe. I will be holding onto them though to try to use them for something else...

30 seconds. People that have never even thought about wearing Timbs will be buying these simply because they slurp RF.
selling out quicker than daytonas is aggressive plus i highly doubt people will resell these

Did Daytonas sit for a few minutes? I wasn't interested in them so I never paid attention to how the release went...

UPDATE: Weirdest thing, Jon posted a front pic of them, said he was dropping them for the holidays, suddenly deletes the post. 

Last edited:
These are definitely awesome. Received both the hoody and shoes today.. The hoody is a sz large I'm 5'11 and 180lbs . Have long arms but the fit was on point.. I'm wondering if I should pick up the sweats now, quality is definitely there. You really can't go wrong with white laces or rope laces. Pics of how the hoody fits, and shoes with rope and white laces. Don't mind the iPhone pictures lol I was just a little excited. :smile:.
View media item 689101

Last edited:
Goy my Americanas in today after missing the UPS dude yesterday. Basically got the shoes shipped to my house from a small boutique exactly one week from when I ordered. I don't see any problem with this whatsoever. Will never understand why you guys were constantly complaining about shipping info, confirmations, etc...Anyways, tried putting the rope laces in them to see what they'd look like and they look absolutely horrendous in this shoe. I will be holding onto them though to try to use them for something else...

How did you size on the Americana?

Back
Top Bottom