Rumor: Air Jordan V (5) Retro – Grape/Laney Pack – July 2011 via Sneakernews.com

Originally Posted by MuLLiNs7388

Originally Posted by enyouartist

Just goes to show you that collecting Jordans, or keeping a pair on ice, is stupid.  Why keep it on ice when Jordan Brand is going to retro it anyway?  Altitudes, IIIs, Flints, now Grapes?   Is nothing sacred?   I bet they'll retro the xi concords soon. 
mad.gif

Well...it is rumored that they will release a concord/columbia pack next December...
ohwell.gif
i feel the same, i copped grapes in June and have only worn them to my graduation, they are my grails and i'd love to have more than one pair, but honestly i'd rather pay 300 for another pair than have mad dudes wearin' them or have them sit for a while. Laneys are nice too and i've always wanted a pair, but again the thing with recent releases is unless you cop and sit on them for atleast a year a lot of people who don't know !@+% about shoes will have them on.

Originally Posted by MuLLiNs7388

Just goes to show you that collecting Jordans, or keeping a pair on ice, is stupid.  Why keep it on ice when Jordan Brand is going to retro it anyway?  Altitudes, IIIs, Flints, now Grapes?   Is nothing sacred?   I bet they'll retro the xi concords soon. 
mad.gif

Well...it is rumored that they will release a concord/columbia pack next December...
ohwell.gif
i feel the same, i copped grapes in June and have only worn them to my graduation, they are my grails and i'd love to have more than one pair, but honestly i'd rather pay 300 for another pair than have mad dudes wearin' them or have them sit for a while. Laneys are nice too and i've always wanted a pair, but again the thing with recent releases is unless you cop and sit on them for atleast a year a lot of people who don't know !@+% about shoes will have them on.

mad.gif

Quality won't be the same though on the newer retros. 

mad.gif

Quality won't be the same though on the newer retros. 

Originally Posted by KaDUKUkicks

quality won't be an issue...as long as they don't change anything bout them grapes...
They'll put tumbled pleather and a '23' on them.
Mark my words.

Originally Posted by KaDUKUkicks

quality won't be an issue...as long as they don't change anything bout them grapes...
They'll put tumbled pleather and a '23' on them.
Mark my words.

It's MARKETING folks....

Nike and Brand Jordan don't give two sheets to the wind about anything a collector deems "sacred"

They look at us "collectors" as a given, a cash cow, a go-to for revenue with releases like the Space Jams, Cool Greys, Flint 13s, etc.

The only way it'll ever be different is like someone else on NT said in another thread "Vote with your wallet by buying/not buying" or keep it movin

I, for one, would love this pkg especially since the MSRP will probably be $300, which is anywhere from $50-80 more than my best deal for some DS Grapes and it would include the Laneys as well. Quality is what it is, hit and miss like ALWAYS with most Nike sneakers.

It's MARKETING folks....

Nike and Brand Jordan don't give two sheets to the wind about anything a collector deems "sacred"

They look at us "collectors" as a given, a cash cow, a go-to for revenue with releases like the Space Jams, Cool Greys, Flint 13s, etc.

The only way it'll ever be different is like someone else on NT said in another thread "Vote with your wallet by buying/not buying" or keep it movin

I, for one, would love this pkg especially since the MSRP will probably be $300, which is anywhere from $50-80 more than my best deal for some DS Grapes and it would include the Laneys as well. Quality is what it is, hit and miss like ALWAYS with most Nike sneakers.

mad.gif
+1000000 That's why I wear all my shoes. 

mad.gif
+1000000 That's why I wear all my shoes. 

Back
Top Bottom