Rumor : Kevin Garnett retiring after this season?

NBA Rumors: Kevin Garnett May Retire Following NBA Playoffs
By Ben Chodos on June 1, 2012

Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images
Boston Celtics star Kevin Garnett may call it quits at the end of the 2012 NBA season.

According to Steve Aschburner of NBA.com, an unidentified friend of Garnett said, “I think that's what we've been seeing in these playoffs. The way he's been playing, it's like he wants to go out on his terms.

Thanks I will be watching tonight now. Kevin deserves to go out when he feels it is time. Hall of famer who has given his all to the game. Thank you KG.

wouldnt surprise me to be honest.

would be nice to see him get to the finals one more time kinda, i really just want Pierce to get another title and remain a Celtic for life.

Ahh man then who else will push around small foreign players?

IF SO THANK YOU KG?

I was talking to somebody about this last nite.  I really wonder after this year where he would go.  He gives to much of himself to come off the bench in a reduced role.

I somewhat doubt it, I think he knows he can still play and there are a lot of teams that could use him at PF. It would be a huge adjustment for him because he has been making OD money but he is a good leader and he could definately teach some young guys, I think he is still committed to the game.

On the other hand being able to walk away on your own terms is always a big thing for older vets, but I feel he would regret it because IMO he has a few more years left in him in a reduced role.

i think he resigns with boston for a couple yrs. i dont see him taking "more" money to play on mediocre team or chase another ring. wouldnt be surprise if he calls it quits either.

He's got two more years in him but he's been playing for what 16 seasons, so if he wants to retire then so be it. Dude will definitely be missed.

KG's coming to the Lakers for the veteran's minimum next season 
pimp.gif

^ please don't start with that Laker +$@%*@#+. Essential gonna spam the thread with unlimited dream scenarios now
30t6p3b.gif

As much as I want Boston to lose, I've always been a KG fan. He'll be missed if he does call it quits. One of the best PFs ever.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

^ please don't start with that Laker +$@%*@#+. Essential gonna spam the thread with unlimited dream scenarios now
30t6p3b.gif

As much as I want Boston to lose, I've always been a KG fan. He'll be missed if he does call it quits. One of the best PFs ever.

Shut up.. You root for multiple teams. You can't even talk fair weather fan rooting for who ever.By the way I know more about NBA front offices than you could ever dream to know.

^
laugh.gif
Don't act like HAVEN'T came up with or were gonna come up with any KG scenarios Essential, he was only stating the obvious
laugh.gif

Anyway, love KG, been 1 of my favorite players since Minnesota, and if this is his last go around, it's great to see he's going out
reinvigorated instead of looking like a shell of himself.

Originally Posted by Essential1

30t6p3b.gif

Shut up.. You root for multiple teams. You can't even talk fair weather fan rooting for who ever.By the way I know more about NBA front offices than you could ever dream to know.

This has nothing to do with KG. stay on Topic

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by Essential1

30t6p3b.gif

This has nothing to do with KG. stay on Topic

Yes and Mentioning my name completely out of left field was on topic
laugh.gif

It will be restated again..  WhatsLosinLike  would never know half of what I know about the front office of every NBA team.... Include his own 17 favorite teams.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

^
laugh.gif
Don't act like HAVEN'T came up with or were gonna come up with any KG scenarios Essential, he was only stating the obvious
laugh.gif

After every single analyst on ESPN.. After Hoops Hype & Hoops World talked about KG being a Laker possibility next season..

Hope not, he's my fav PF of all time...ive always appreciated his over the top intensity.

Underrated because he only has 1 chip imo.

Back
Top Bottom