RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

What devices do you guys use to sync with Nike +. I want to join in

The original Garmin Vivoactive. It's only $150 on Amazon right now. I had the Apple Watch Nike+, but it doesn't provide as much in-depth analysis as my Garmin, so I returned it. It looks DOPE on wrist, but as a RUNNING WATCH, it's BASIC as hell when used independently, imo. It only provides you with TIME, PACE, and DISTANCE (PACE is an "advanced" setting :stoneface: ). After your run, you won't even know your mile splits. :smh: As a RUNNING WATCH, the Apple Watch Nike+ is geared toward beginner / casual runners.

Last edited:
So I just got into running and wanna do this.  How do I do the challenge?  I read the posts from the first page and I currently use the Nike+ Run Club app.  The link just brought me to my dashboard on the Nike Plus site. Do I somehow get to see how everyone's doing compared to myself like the Friends tab?

The original Garmin Vivoactive. It's only $150 on Amazon right now. I had the Apple Watch Nike+, but it doesn't provide as much in-depth analysis as my Garmin, so I returned it. It looks DOPE on wrist, but as a RUNNING WATCH, it's BASIC as hell when used independently, imo. It only provides you with TIME, PACE, and DISTANCE (PACE is an "advanced" setting :stoneface: ). After your run, you won't even know your mile splits. :smh: As a RUNNING WATCH, the Apple Watch Nike+ is geared toward beginner / casual runners.

You think feedback will be received to the engineering team and add those features later? Surely it's just a software issue, not a lack of hardware with the GPS.

once it syncs with your phone, I believe you could see those info

completely understandable though if it's an info you want to see on the spot right away

You think feedback will be received to the engineering team and add those features later? Surely it's just a software issue, not a lack of hardware with the GPS.

I really hope so. The metric I want the MOST is average pace! I love SEEING it dwindle down as I progress through my run.

Tonight's recovery run...

Bakersfield Marathon this Sunday... probably going to use the Vomero 10s, since I'm pacing the 3:58 group and not going for a PR.

illustrayt illustrayt curious about the peg33s, since they also have dual zoom units and they're an ounce lighter than the Vomeros. How would you say the two compare?

Other than the weight difference, the Vomeros feel more plush to me. The Peg33s have a snappy/responsive feel to them. I also noticed that the sole on the Vomero wears down quicker than the one on the Pegs...

I tend to use the Pegs on shorter distances (5km or below) or on the track. Vomeros for longer distances as they feel more plush to me

Back from NYC, and I can officially say I finished my first marathon! The crowd was unbelievable. I thought I ran pretty well until mile 23, where my knees started to cramp. I think this might have been from me stopping along the way to take photos with family and friends. But I wasn't going for Olympic gold, my goal was to have fun and enjoy the course. Such an amazing an experience, I highly recommend everyone to try to race this at least once in their lives!

On a side note, I had the most humbling experience of meeting Michael J. Fox at mile 23 when I started hurting. At the starting line, I met a lady who was running for his foundation and she told me he would be watching the race on 93rd and 5th avenue. I spotted him and I told him how much of an inspiration he is. Definitely one of the more epic moments in my life!

tackling my first half marathon in Las Vegas this Sunday. Snoop concert before the race at the starting line too. Should be a pretty solid day.

Not really sure where else to post this but can you guys recommend me some type of watch or something that Accurately tracks calories burned? Doesn't even necessarily need to have GPS I just want to wear it while I'm working out and see how many calories I'm actually burning. Recently I've been going on 10 to 20 mile bike rides on the stationary bike and it says I'm burning between 330(10 miles) to almost 700(20 miles). I just want to see how true it is

Was thinking about a polar watch ?

Thanks !

Anybody have the odyssey 2?
Was recommended those by the worker at the store with the gait analysis

I have them. I think they're really good! I would do my long runs in them, then go to work on my feet all night and not even have sore feet by the end :pimp:

They fit really tight for me, but I also wear the nike cushioned elite socks, without the socks they wouldn't be as tight.

I ran the Berlin marathon with them, definitely recommend them if you need a stability shoe.

Thanks kevenmayne kevenmayne
The reviews on ndc kinda scared me so I got the vomero's instead. Similar shoe as far as stability?

They're similar... in that they both have forefoot and heel Zoom. From my understanding, the Vomero10s are neutral shoes, so they don't have the dynamic support for stability like the Odyssey.

Back
Top Bottom