RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

I tried on the new Nike flash jacket the other day, it's extremely thin! I thought for $400, it wouldn't be anything like that. I tried it on and took it off immediately :lol:

The cheaper jackets Nike sells seem like they're the same..
I also had the regular non flash jacket, that retails for $300, but didn't even try it on since it would just be the same.

The new Apple Watch seems awesome. Wish I had it :frown:. I would get it if my OG watch wasn't still working

Last edited:
Trial Run 2.

PROS (as a RUNNING WATCH):
- Looks AMAZING and sleek on wrist
- Text / Graphics look CRISP
- Seems a lot more accurate than my defective VA :tongue:
- Quick Charge Up
- Wrist raise wakes up the device
- You can see your monthly mileage on the home screen
- Run without a phone

CONS (as a RUNNING WATCH):
- No option for AVERAGE PACE on display while running
- No Mile Splits
- Mediocre Battery Life (this run drained 20-25%)
- No run history on watch
- HR only works when paired with a phone
- Limited customization
- PRICE >$400 for the 42mm

For Trial Run 3, I'll have both the Apple Watch and my Garmin on wrist to compare the two.

Thanks for the update.

Wondering if you get a pace update when you connect your headphones? I set my phone up to let me know every .25km to know my time and average pace.

I got the Apple Watch Nike+ last week and have never really used the NRC app. I set up my profile and did one of the coach settings to get back into running. :smokin

I've got a question about using the App on the watch independent of the phone. With having a 7 plus, I really would love to keep my phone at home and just focus on the run itself, but will the coach settings only be applied when using the iOS app, not the watchOS app?

Thanks for the update.

Wondering if you get a pace update when you connect your headphones? I set my phone up to let me know every .25km to know my time and average pace.

It gives you audio cues through its speakers (exactly like the app) after every completed mile.

Last edited:
You still a lunar guy? :D

I got some epics on the way from the clearance sale last weekend. I definitely need to invest into a nice beanie/head wrap or something for the cold air coming. I don't want to let cold weather hold me back so any tips or gear would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
You still a lunar guy? :D

I got some epics on the way from the clearance sale last weekend. I definitely need to invest into a nice beanie/head wrap or something for the cold air coming. I don't want to let cold weather hold me back so any tips or gear would be greatly appreciated

For comfort, YES! Performance-wise, I made the jump to ZOOM! :smokin

TRAIL RUN 3 - Garmin VA vs. Apple Watch Nike+:

*accidentally restarted the Apple Watch after I thought I ended my run. I was walking around for several seconds before I noticed. :smh: I actually finished at 8.06mi with a 7'02"/mile pace on the Apple.

Distance: Apple had me running +0.04 compared to the Garmin

Average Pace: Apple me running -3 seconds faster than the Garmin

Battery: Apple was drained ~29%, and Garmin was drained ~12% on this non-stop 8miler.

Last edited:
Battery life on my Watch has been great so far. Especially compared to the previous generation that I have had since day 1. I've only completed two runs and done so independent of my phone. Will keep an eye on it as I hopefully get longer milage.

I'm not sure if it's my luck with GPS watches, but the battery on my Apple Watch drained down to 30% from a full charge while I was at work 3PM-1245AM. :smh: And, NO I wasn't running. :tongue:

Last edited:
apple watch battery doesn't last you the whole day, when I wear mine, it needs to be charged at the end of the day

sometimes, for some reason and with my usual use, it even dies before I get home

NT Fam,

I'm leaving tomorrow morning to run NYC. For those who want to keep up with me, I'll be wearing bib #35482 and my start time is at 10:15am. Thanks for the support!

NT Fam,

I'm leaving tomorrow morning to run NYC. For those who want to keep up with me, I'll be wearing bib #35482 and my start time is at 10:15am. Thanks for the support!

Good luck man! Get there as early as you can and make it a goal to sneak into an earlier corral/wave :lol:

Keep carbo loading this whole week and drinking a ton of water also.

Last edited:
Good luck man! Get there as early as you can and make it a goal to sneak into an earlier corral/wave
laugh.gif

Keep carbo loading this whole week and drinking a ton of water also.
How do you sneak into an earlier corral? Do you have to let someone know? Or will you tracker just start automatically?

I'm not sure if it's my luck with GPS watches, but the battery on my Apple Watch drained down to 30% from a full charge while I was at work 3PM-1245AM. :smh: And, NO I wasn't running. :tongue:

apple watch battery doesn't last you the whole day, when I wear mine, it needs to be charged at the end of the day

sometimes, for some reason and with my usual use, it even dies before I get home

Both my watches have been pretty solid with battery life. I could get all day usage with about 20-30% remaining at night. I don't have many notifications turned on for my watch. Mostly just emails and water reminders.

How do you sneak into an earlier corral? Do you have to let someone know? Or will you tracker just start automatically?

Tracking starts automatically once you pass the start gate, you will have a tracking device. The tracking device will either be attached to your bib or a it'll be a chip, that can be attached anywhere.
To sneak in, just keep walking forward passed people, you'll know what I mean once you get there. They'll ask the group to start lining up, just go in the middle of everyone to blend in. I would imagine on the sides they'll have volunteers checking

Last edited:
Trail Run 4:

Since the Apple Watch has a three second countdown, I was able to start them both at the same time. I still have problems ending my runs with the Apple. When I think I pause my run, it resumes (hence the time difference). :rolleyes

There are no VISUAL SPLITS on the Apple. I don't think they appear on the website as well. :smh: I'm definitely leaning toward returning it.

Data from my Garmin. I just updated the software for my Garmin this morning, and it's been surprisingly accurate and consistent lately!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom