RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

been running all year might as well contribute, im in!
pimp.gif

This seems cool, I actually run with the sensor and everything in my Free Run 2s.

For some reason I can't log into Nike+ online, though.
30t6p3b.gif

This seems cool, I actually run with the sensor and everything in my Free Run 2s.

For some reason I can't log into Nike+ online, though.
30t6p3b.gif

For some reason I don't like stretching, I need to do it though.

I just start running and that's it
30t6p3b.gif

For some reason I don't like stretching, I need to do it though.

I just start running and that's it
30t6p3b.gif

New Challengers are always welcome! Every contribution counts!

TB: Log in through the NikeStore first > Hover your pointer over the Swoosh on the upper left corner > Click on Nike+. You should be good after that.

PL: I take about 5-7 mins to do a variety of stretches to warm up.

~855mi to go, NT!

New Challengers are always welcome! Every contribution counts!

TB: Log in through the NikeStore first > Hover your pointer over the Swoosh on the upper left corner > Click on Nike+. You should be good after that.

PL: I take about 5-7 mins to do a variety of stretches to warm up.

~855mi to go, NT!

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

FUUUUU! I finally had a fair share of Nike+ errors...  I ran exactly the same route on Saturday, and I was robbed of 2mi and ~2 minutes off my pace... My slowest pace was at 37:47
mad.gif

mad.gif

That's exactly why I don't run with my iphone app anymore. Some runs, even though I ran that same trail, would show differences because the GPS signal is not going through so it's like that part of the run is not recording until it can get signal back online through the GPS. I just use the sportband as of now, plus I can't stand carrying my phone in my pockets, on a sleeve/pouch, or on me while I run.
BTW you sir are a beast, lol. I want to get back to my old running times and distances and hopefully this will help. While we're on this topic, any tips for running at all? I was never trained or looked it up so i'm pretty sure I have some bad habits that I don't know about.

Any advice is helpful.

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

FUUUUU! I finally had a fair share of Nike+ errors...  I ran exactly the same route on Saturday, and I was robbed of 2mi and ~2 minutes off my pace... My slowest pace was at 37:47
mad.gif

mad.gif

That's exactly why I don't run with my iphone app anymore. Some runs, even though I ran that same trail, would show differences because the GPS signal is not going through so it's like that part of the run is not recording until it can get signal back online through the GPS. I just use the sportband as of now, plus I can't stand carrying my phone in my pockets, on a sleeve/pouch, or on me while I run.
BTW you sir are a beast, lol. I want to get back to my old running times and distances and hopefully this will help. While we're on this topic, any tips for running at all? I was never trained or looked it up so i'm pretty sure I have some bad habits that I don't know about.

Any advice is helpful.

Thanks, Sir. I'm training for half, so my #s are pretty high. I relatively new to running. I've run two races (two full marathons), but I just started on trying to improve my form and stride. I'm still learning, but here's a tip or two...

- Try avoid landing on your heels, as it can be detrimental to your lower body.

- Play mind games to block out fatigue

- Start off easy, gradually buiid up momentum and finish strong. (long distances)  

Thanks, Sir. I'm training for half, so my #s are pretty high. I relatively new to running. I've run two races (two full marathons), but I just started on trying to improve my form and stride. I'm still learning, but here's a tip or two...

- Try avoid landing on your heels, as it can be detrimental to your lower body.

- Play mind games to block out fatigue

- Start off easy, gradually buiid up momentum and finish strong. (long distances)  

Originally Posted by patent leather

Just curious, what does everyone do to warm-up before a run?

there's actually quite a bit of debate about whether stretching before a run is beneficial or even detrimental.

personally, i don't stretch.  i simply begin by walking, then increase to a brisk walk... usually just for a few minutes, then start running.  i tend to start off slow and finish fast also.  everyone's different, though.

Originally Posted by patent leather

Just curious, what does everyone do to warm-up before a run?

there's actually quite a bit of debate about whether stretching before a run is beneficial or even detrimental.

personally, i don't stretch.  i simply begin by walking, then increase to a brisk walk... usually just for a few minutes, then start running.  i tend to start off slow and finish fast also.  everyone's different, though.

Yeah, lately I've been seeing/reading that is suggesting that stretching, overall, provides no benefits. I forgot what I was reading but it was about working out/lifting weights and the first suggestion was to skip stretching as it was a waste of time and provide no benefits and you are better off using the time actually working out. I'm still not sold on it, I think it does help.

As for me, I do a quick stretch (2-3 minutes max), mostly to warm up (calf, quad, hamstring, etc...) since I usually run in the morning right when I wake up and my body feels stiff coming out off bed.

Yeah, lately I've been seeing/reading that is suggesting that stretching, overall, provides no benefits. I forgot what I was reading but it was about working out/lifting weights and the first suggestion was to skip stretching as it was a waste of time and provide no benefits and you are better off using the time actually working out. I'm still not sold on it, I think it does help.

As for me, I do a quick stretch (2-3 minutes max), mostly to warm up (calf, quad, hamstring, etc...) since I usually run in the morning right when I wake up and my body feels stiff coming out off bed.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

i don't stretch.  i simply begin by walking, then increase to a brisk walk... usually just for a few minutes, then start running.  i tend to start off slow and finish fast also.

This is what I do, Works fine for me.

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

i don't stretch.  i simply begin by walking, then increase to a brisk walk... usually just for a few minutes, then start running.  i tend to start off slow and finish fast also.

This is what I do, Works fine for me.

Also, I just ordered a pair of LunarGlides 2. Currently using Free Run 2 right now, how does the two differ and which is better to run in for about 3-5 miles a day? I'll find out soon enough I guess but I just wanted to get some opinions on the comparison of the two.

Also, I just ordered a pair of LunarGlides 2. Currently using Free Run 2 right now, how does the two differ and which is better to run in for about 3-5 miles a day? I'll find out soon enough I guess but I just wanted to get some opinions on the comparison of the two.

^LG2s are a stability shoe, so I believe they're geared for the longer distances. They're also pretty heavy compared to the FR2s. IMO, the FR2 is the better shoe for running 3-5mi. Also if you like the FR2, try the FR1...

^LG2s are a stability shoe, so I believe they're geared for the longer distances. They're also pretty heavy compared to the FR2s. IMO, the FR2 is the better shoe for running 3-5mi. Also if you like the FR2, try the FR1...

i currently run in the lunarglide 2. ran a half-marathon earlier in the year with them. have yet to give frees a try for running.

and yeah, i think warming up is key... not necessarily stretching (which i suppose is one of many ways to warm up)

i currently run in the lunarglide 2. ran a half-marathon earlier in the year with them. have yet to give frees a try for running.

and yeah, i think warming up is key... not necessarily stretching (which i suppose is one of many ways to warm up)

Hows the LG2 holding up? Would you say it's pretty good/comfortable compare to other running shoes?

Hows the LG2 holding up? Would you say it's pretty good/comfortable compare to other running shoes?

Back
Top Bottom