RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Ive always had knee pains, have to wear arch support sometimes but I guess it depends on the sneakers your using

I've been using the Free Run 2, which is much closer to the ground and doesn't offer much support/not much sole cushioning. So I think the LunarGlide 2 might help since it has more sole cushioning and more supportive than the Free Run 2.

I've been using the Free Run 2, which is much closer to the ground and doesn't offer much support/not much sole cushioning. So I think the LunarGlide 2 might help since it has more sole cushioning and more supportive than the Free Run 2.

RFX: When I have those pains, I try to avoid running for 48 hours. It could be the Free technology strengthening your legs though...

I only ran 5mi over camping with some cousins. Burned off the junk food calories from the camping trip today...

~333mi more to go, NT! 
pimp.gif

RFX: When I have those pains, I try to avoid running for 48 hours. It could be the Free technology strengthening your legs though...

I only ran 5mi over camping with some cousins. Burned off the junk food calories from the camping trip today...

~333mi more to go, NT! 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Due toILLustRAYt I finally got some Lunars to run in and place my Nike+ sensore into and I'm gonna rotate these shoes with my asic's which I use a pouch to place the sensor in.

Opinions on LunarElite 2+ ?
Opinion's? My first Lunar's or nikes overall used for running. Haven't been running recently due to recovering from a minor bone graph but i'll hit it up next week. 1/2 Marathon in January, anyone (RAY?) with a routine or plan?

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Due toILLustRAYt I finally got some Lunars to run in and place my Nike+ sensore into and I'm gonna rotate these shoes with my asic's which I use a pouch to place the sensor in.

Opinions on LunarElite 2+ ?
Opinion's? My first Lunar's or nikes overall used for running. Haven't been running recently due to recovering from a minor bone graph but i'll hit it up next week. 1/2 Marathon in January, anyone (RAY?) with a routine or plan?

^Sup Sir. I have owned an LE2 in the past, but I ended up returning them because I didn't like how the cw flowed lol. However, I do recall them being a lot softer than their predecessor, which is definitely a step up.

You might also want to check out the LunarTrainer, my favorite performance runner of ALL TIME. They were actually one of the first Lunars, the other being the Lunaracer. They're one of lightest Lunars, have enough cushioning for long distances and are very responsive. They're great for pretty much all the distances. 

As for a plan/training regiment for a 1/2... I'd suggest logging 25+/week, and try to max out a few 15-20mi runs, so 13.1 will be a breeze on Race Day. If you want to murder it, train on a full marathon regiment.

edit- 305.8mi to go!

^Sup Sir. I have owned an LE2 in the past, but I ended up returning them because I didn't like how the cw flowed lol. However, I do recall them being a lot softer than their predecessor, which is definitely a step up.

You might also want to check out the LunarTrainer, my favorite performance runner of ALL TIME. They were actually one of the first Lunars, the other being the Lunaracer. They're one of lightest Lunars, have enough cushioning for long distances and are very responsive. They're great for pretty much all the distances. 

As for a plan/training regiment for a 1/2... I'd suggest logging 25+/week, and try to max out a few 15-20mi runs, so 13.1 will be a breeze on Race Day. If you want to murder it, train on a full marathon regiment.

edit- 305.8mi to go!

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

edit- 305.8mi to go!
Thanks for your tips. Can't wait to start running in these as I have given up on all things Nike when it comes to serious running the past couple of years. Hope these don't let me down.
25+ miles a week sounds doable I thought the training would be worse. I've gone a couple months running four days a week with 6,6,9, 12 miles split up to those 4 days but I've never really had a goal of running a half. I usually workout (weights) in between those days and sometimes the same day time permitting. Would you say that would be good enough? I've taken about a month or a month and a half off of that plan and want to get back in it but man, these Houston 100+ degree weather is seriously a big negative combined with the humidity and how dark I got LOL.

edit- 305.8mi to go!
Thanks for your tips. Can't wait to start running in these as I have given up on all things Nike when it comes to serious running the past couple of years. Hope these don't let me down.
25+ miles a week sounds doable I thought the training would be worse. I've gone a couple months running four days a week with 6,6,9, 12 miles split up to those 4 days but I've never really had a goal of running a half. I usually workout (weights) in between those days and sometimes the same day time permitting. Would you say that would be good enough? I've taken about a month or a month and a half off of that plan and want to get back in it but man, these Houston 100+ degree weather is seriously a big negative combined with the humidity and how dark I got LOL.

anyone else check the leaderboard before they go running just to see how many miles they need to reach X place?

um... yeah, me neither....

anyone else check the leaderboard before they go running just to see how many miles they need to reach X place?

um... yeah, me neither....

Hopefully that is just the case. I elevated it as much as I could yesterday and it felt much better this morning, I still skipped running today even though the knee felt much better. I might give it another day of rest and walk it off on Thursday and see how it goes from there.

Hopefully that is just the case. I elevated it as much as I could yesterday and it felt much better this morning, I still skipped running today even though the knee felt much better. I might give it another day of rest and walk it off on Thursday and see how it goes from there.

Oww, got my LG2, might be tempted to run through the pain tomorrow morning.
laugh.gif

GqRRs.jpg

Oww, got my LG2, might be tempted to run through the pain tomorrow morning.
laugh.gif

GqRRs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom