RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Man, I wanted to run that but I found out a bit late. I friend ran it, not sure what his time was though but I saw that same medal he had. Sucks that I missed out on it.

Anybody's Nike + program messed up? My run was about 6.8 miles yesterday but it registered as 6.4. Also when I upload my run I'm listed as a female and my birth month is a month after even though all my information is correct on the site. I'm aware of the issues but I just got mine over the weekend and didn't know if these were common occurrences.
Also- Just joined Team Spring...Dang we're taking a beating.

Anybody's Nike + program messed up? My run was about 6.8 miles yesterday but it registered as 6.4. Also when I upload my run I'm listed as a female and my birth month is a month after even though all my information is correct on the site. I'm aware of the issues but I just got mine over the weekend and didn't know if these were common occurrences.
Also- Just joined Team Spring...Dang we're taking a beating.

got a question, I have the shoes but which one should i keep to track my runs and which is the most accurate?  I have the sportsband, IPOD 3rd generation and the GPS Nike + watch.  Please let me know which one i need to keep and which one to get rid of and why.  Thanks in advance....

got a question, I have the shoes but which one should i keep to track my runs and which is the most accurate?  I have the sportsband, IPOD 3rd generation and the GPS Nike + watch.  Please let me know which one i need to keep and which one to get rid of and why.  Thanks in advance....

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

IMO,

SportsBand:
+: Lightweight
-: If you like to run in a rotation of shoes, switching the receiver into multiple shoes may be a problem.

IPOD:
+:  Music! Playlist / Power Songs
-: May be a bit heavy, if you don't like carrying something. Then again, you could you an armband for it.

GPS:
+: More accurate. Provides more stats about your run.
-: Could be buggy, but not as much as the sensors. 

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

IMO,

SportsBand:
+: Lightweight
-: If you like to run in a rotation of shoes, switching the receiver into multiple shoes may be a problem.

IPOD:
+:  Music! Playlist / Power Songs
-: May be a bit heavy, if you don't like carrying something. Then again, you could you an armband for it.

GPS:
+: More accurate. Provides more stats about your run.
-: Could be buggy, but not as much as the sensors. 

The Nike GPS watch is probably the best option because it also has a shoe sensor so when the satellite GPS connection/reception get lost, your run keeps recording via the shoe sensor so you don't lose any runs or time.

As for which is most accurate, you just need to calibrate the sportband and GPS watch to get it to work well. I've been using the sportsband and it has kept up well with my runs. It becomes less accurate if I run at a faster rate or take longer strides but it isn't too bad for me since those are usually short bursts. My main problem is in loading runs since the Nike+ website is buggy as hell.

The Nike GPS watch is probably the best option because it also has a shoe sensor so when the satellite GPS connection/reception get lost, your run keeps recording via the shoe sensor so you don't lose any runs or time.

As for which is most accurate, you just need to calibrate the sportband and GPS watch to get it to work well. I've been using the sportsband and it has kept up well with my runs. It becomes less accurate if I run at a faster rate or take longer strides but it isn't too bad for me since those are usually short bursts. My main problem is in loading runs since the Nike+ website is buggy as hell.

And damn, did team 20's just took the top spot in the age group challenge? SWEET!

And damn, did team 20's just took the top spot in the age group challenge? SWEET!

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

^1:37

I took it too easy in the first 4mi in the actual Disneyland park and Disney California. I wanted to soak up the sights and feeling of running in Disney
embarassed.gif
. I'm hoping to return next year to break it.
pimp.gif
  It was, HANDS DOWN, the BEST RACE I've run regarding the whole atmosphere and overall enjoyment!

2nvdtza.jpg

The medal was also HUGE! It's my biggest one too! My full marathon medals don't even compare
laugh.gif

14tlw1w.png

that is SICKK!! props
pimp.gif

the livestrong half i ran in last year had some nice dri fit shirts and medals, i wouldn't mind that disney medal though
smokin.gif

howd you like running the half in your frees? 
i finally bought real running shoes [Brooks] to train for my half, and it made a world of a difference.  i got a gait analysis and found out that i overpronate, and the shoes made a world of a difference, my fatigue and back problems from training were so easily resolved

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

^1:37

I took it too easy in the first 4mi in the actual Disneyland park and Disney California. I wanted to soak up the sights and feeling of running in Disney
embarassed.gif
. I'm hoping to return next year to break it.
pimp.gif
  It was, HANDS DOWN, the BEST RACE I've run regarding the whole atmosphere and overall enjoyment!

2nvdtza.jpg

The medal was also HUGE! It's my biggest one too! My full marathon medals don't even compare
laugh.gif

14tlw1w.png

that is SICKK!! props
pimp.gif

the livestrong half i ran in last year had some nice dri fit shirts and medals, i wouldn't mind that disney medal though
smokin.gif

howd you like running the half in your frees? 
i finally bought real running shoes [Brooks] to train for my half, and it made a world of a difference.  i got a gait analysis and found out that i overpronate, and the shoes made a world of a difference, my fatigue and back problems from training were so easily resolved

RFX: Yessir! CRAZY!
eek.gif
pimp.gif

kiendienn: Thanks, Sir! LiveStrong Half?!??
eek.gif
WHEN and WHERE?!
nerd.gif

I loved running in my FR2s! They're such a versatile shoe when it comes to casual and performance. I guess they're an ideal shoe for me.

RFX: Yessir! CRAZY!
eek.gif
pimp.gif

kiendienn: Thanks, Sir! LiveStrong Half?!??
eek.gif
WHEN and WHERE?!
nerd.gif

I loved running in my FR2s! They're such a versatile shoe when it comes to casual and performance. I guess they're an ideal shoe for me.

With the Nike GPS watch, do you still need Nike Plus shoes to record your runs? Or can you run without Nike Plus shoes & it still records your runs?

With the Nike GPS watch, do you still need Nike Plus shoes to record your runs? Or can you run without Nike Plus shoes & it still records your runs?

Originally Posted by maddog345

You don't need it but it helps if you do since it does come with a sensor and if you lose your reception, the sensor will kick in and continue to record your run. It is like a safety.

Originally Posted by maddog345

You don't need it but it helps if you do since it does come with a sensor and if you lose your reception, the sensor will kick in and continue to record your run. It is like a safety.

BIG UP to the AUTUMN Squad for holding down the top spot!  
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Finally broke my hiatus of non-running with ~5.5mi
smile.gif

BIG UP to the AUTUMN Squad for holding down the top spot!  
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Finally broke my hiatus of non-running with ~5.5mi
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom