Sad News...one of my best friends, Big Fame One has passed away

Carra, hang in there. I truly did not want to make this thread, and in a way im glad that you beat me to it.
My apologies to those people who knew him personally and had to find out about this on NT. I couldnt bring myself to make those phone calls just yet. Im trulysorry.

I appreciate the kind words and texts ive been getting, it means a lot. It really does. I got the call friday night and i was literally a mess. I still haventreally gotten my act together yet. I poured some out and put a Cohiba (that he had given me a a gift) in the air for him last night. And i cant even imaginewhat the after-party for the memorial service on tuesday is gonna be like.

Q hit the nail on the head a few posts up, Jake seriously lived a full and eventful life. At the age of 32 hes been through and experienced more than anyoneive ever met. The only silver lining i can think of though, is that hes with his mother now, who passed many years ago. Im sure theyre both looking down oneveryone and reminiscing.

BFO? No way
frown.gif

RIP
frown.gif

Chris,

Good to see you post. I had to come straight here because no one I know really knows Jake. I cried to my fiance, he knew who Jake was and that he was a veryclose friend, but it isn't the same as hearing from people who knew him. I really wanted to see you post and I am glad you did. Thank you a million timesover for the pictures you posted. The one of you pouring booze on his would sums him up so much to me. He was such a wild person with a heart of gold. I wasalways so worried about his health and really up his !*+ about making sure he kept up with his appointment for his various conditions, but I truly imagined himbeing my friend for a very long time. Finally, he gets to see him mother again and I'm sure she was waiting with open arms, she most likely got tired ofwaiting ten years for company and called on him herself. I wish I could make it Tuesday but I'll be in tough with his dad before then. Anyways, I amrambling now.

RIP old, dear friend, how hard it is to find ones as true as you.

Words can't express how I feel...one of the last real and true people left, and he's gone. Every second I spent with Jake was a blast...him and thatdamn Ricky Watters jersey...not fair.

Miss you man...rest well.

Condolences to everyone...

Although I don't know him personally, the times I interacted with BFO on here were always calm/collective and not highstrung.

Rest in peace.

R.I.P, way too young, but he died doing what he loved, cant ask for much more. Prayers for those that were close to him.

Damn what the #$++.

After reading what Crux posted and seeing those pictures from Chris, I am in tears over here.

Dude was always on NT, and he seemed like a cool cat. We chatted a few times via PM about random things here and there.

You will be missed man.

RIP

Wow this is pretty unbelievable . . . I don't really know what to think . . . Knew Jake since day 1 of ever being on this board . . . Talked to him a lotin the past, met him at Nor Cal summit 2 in SF . . . One of the most caring dudes in the world . . . He personally mailing me a book on Jack Tatum because heknew I liked Ohio St. and Jake wanted me to learn about his playing style.

Will defintely be in my prayers . . . stay up to those that knew him personally . . .

n1279870073_195819_6007.jpg

I remember beating up a bus stop, and I think Carra was on the phone.

Jake took us to this bar and I drank too much jager and blacked out and damn near broke my arm attacking that bus stop...

RIP

Back
Top Bottom