Saints Suspension handed down Vilma out the entire season

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Crazy how Dante Stallworth ran someone over and only got 1 year.

get out of here man. seriously

laugh.gif
the league penalized the Saints by leaving Roman Harper on the field

Man, people need some real perspective when they call these athletes soldiers/warriors. Like an dee 51o said, playing professional sports where you make a large salary is no where even remotely close to being in the military & fighting in combat/war/serving in a forward area. 

A lot of you are incredibly small minded, so much so it's kind of shocking especially since some of you are supposed to be in college. The reason godell is coming down so hard is because he has to make it appear that he's championing the cause of player health, particularly concussions.

There are currently just under 2,000 former NFL players suing the league for concussion related brain injuries. There strong evidence supporting the notion that the NFL knew for 25-30 years the dangers of concussions & did nothing about it.

Look at the Junior Seau situation. Poor guy committed suicide by shooting himself (RIP brah, your were fun to watch play). It's being said he shot himself in the chest instead of the head so that his brain would be intact to study. If in fact he was suffering from post concussion related problems, this wasn't some guy suffering from "regular" depression. His brain may have been permanently damaged preventing him for functioning in a "normal" capacity.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Vilma
eek.gif

Was expecting 6-8 MAX for any of these guys... yikes.

This.

And the Donte Stallworth case has no relevance to the bounty scandal so I don't know why it was even brought up.
Purpose of it being brought up is to show the inconsistency when it comes to Goodell and him handing out punishments.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Vilma
eek.gif

Was expecting 6-8 MAX for any of these guys... yikes.

This.

And the Donte Stallworth case has no relevance to the bounty scandal so I don't know why it was even brought up.
Purpose of it being brought up is to show the inconsistency when it comes to Goodell and him handing out punishments.
how is it inconsistent if it's different "offenses"? unintended manslaughter v rewarding players for intentionally injuring other players. again...with today's news about seau...the bounty gate stuff looks even worse.

I'm definitely ok with the punishments

And seperate incidents should be viewed independently

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

This.

how is it inconsistent? unintended manslaughter v rewarding players for intentionally injuring other players. again...with today's news about seau...the bounty gate stuff looks even worse.
It is very unfortunate what has happened to Mr.Seau but killing someone is still killing someone rather if its a mistake or not. Why would the penalties be equal? In my opinion Goodell does not care about player safety or well being all he cares about is the $$$.

I have no beef with the amount of time those players were given again my comment is about Goodell and him only so if you don't like it fine but it is my own opinion not yours.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

how is it inconsistent? unintended manslaughter v rewarding players for intentionally injuring other players. again...with today's news about seau...the bounty gate stuff looks even worse.
It is very unfortunate what has happened to Mr.Seau but killing someone is still killing someone rather if its a mistake or not. Why would the penalties be equal? In my opinion Goodell does not care about player safety or well being all he cares about is the $$$.

I have no beef with the amount of time those players were given again my comment is about Goodell and him only so if you don't like it fine but it is my own opinion not yours.
killing someone is not still killing someone when it comes to punishment in our society. different degrees of murder, there's manslaughter, etc.

not only is what stallworth did an unintentional act, it was done outside the sport of football. what the saints did was inside the game of football, broke NFL rules, and involved intent. they're two seperate offesnes, and need to be judged and punished different. you can't compare the punishments offered.

as for the comments about goodell, that's a whole other debate. as to what his true intentions are. and you're absolutely entitled to your opinion of him.

This punishment is beyond excessive. This Bountygate thing is a total joke. I love how people are all in favor of punishments until it involves them or someone close to them.  Sheep....Hope yall never get in trouble.

I'm always all over Goodell and his asinine rules/rulings. But for this one, I'm on board. The stupidity and arrogance that organization showed deserves to be severely punished with these actions

And can we stop attaching "Gate" to every controversy? It is historically inappropriate IMO (sorry seperate rant by me ha ha)

If you want to remember the details of the Donte Stallworth issue.
The guy ran in front of Donte's car Donte wasn't extremely drunk, and technically didn't violate traffic laws. Its just the fact that he had alcohol in his system.
Not to mention that Donte maned up and tried to make the best of the situation both in compensation and contrition.

The Saints dont want to man up to the fact that they all but ended Warner, and Farve's careers.
If it wasn't a rule I wouldn't care, but on a personal level when its widely acknowledged that you make a mistake even if you feel its not a big deal you suck it up and man up and make amends. These guys have refused to do that.

Originally Posted by psk2310

So it looks like it was DT Anthony Hargrove that snitched. ESPN.com's article said, "Hargrove submitted a signed declaration to the NFL not only that the Saints' bounty program existed, but that he was an active participant in it. In addition, the NFL said that Hargrove told at least one player on another team that formerMinnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre was a target of the Saints' bounty pool in the 2009 NFC Championship Game and that Hargrove obstructed the league's investigation in 2010 when he wasn't truthful with investigators."

Wonder if Shockey's going to follow through & sue Sapp for the dough he has hidden away his Jordans.

My God...I can't stop going back to that game in my mind and remembering Favre continuously scraping himself off the carpet....Dude was something special. Pisses me off how the general perception of him is so negative. You will truly never see someone like him again. I was saying this when he was in GB...Even though it pained me to say it.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

If you want to remember the details of the Donte Stallworth issue.
The guy ran in front of Donte's car Donte wasn't extremely drunk, and technically didn't violate traffic laws. Its just the fact that he had alcohol in his system.
Not gonna defend dude because the details are fuzzy but I think Stallworth was just a little over the limit and he hit dude running across the freeway or something.

vilma shouldn't have released a statement proclaiming his innocence. The NFL hired Mary Jo White, former NY state prosecutor to review all of the bounty evidence the league collected to make sure there was wrong doing & properly identified those that participated. After careful review, she said the NFL had unequivocal evidence that that the bounty program had been carried out, the saints lied consistently, & had properly identified those responsible.The nfl already had a signed affidavid from Anthony Hargrove that identified the players, they most likely have such from gregg williams too so the players appeal is pretty much fruitless.
Edit: forgot to mention that Mary Jo White was the prosecutor that successfully convicted Gotti & his crew...

So let me get this straight. If there was no bounty system in place, they wouldn't have went after favre that hard? This is really what some of you are saying?

Vilma's statement was weak, I'd suspend him longer for that BS. His avatar on twitter was the Saints SI cover of the Bounty Hunter. He has no remorse, now that he got punished he's screaming innocence.

I don't understand how people think this is too harsh. He was the leader for the players, heavily involved on the behalf of the players. You're trying to take NFL STAR QBs off the field. That hurts the NFLs income when Favre, Brady or whatever QB is off the field. Then you're risking career or life threatening injuries which could lead to more NFL lawsuits.

Originally Posted by DubA169

So let me get this straight. If there was no bounty system in place, they wouldn't have went after favre that hard? This is really what some of you are saying?

Ummm....No.

The Saints dont want to man up to the fact that they all but ended Warner, and Farve's careers.

No flags. That Warner hit was legal. He just didn't see it. Even Warner doesn't have a problem with that.

Back
Top Bottom