Saints Suspension handed down Vilma out the entire season

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

how is it inconsistent? unintended manslaughter v rewarding players for intentionally injuring other players. again...with today's news about seau...the bounty gate stuff looks even worse.
It is very unfortunate what has happened to Mr.Seau but killing someone is still killing someone rather if its a mistake or not. Why would the penalties be equal? In my opinion Goodell does not care about player safety or well being all he cares about is the $$$.

I have no beef with the amount of time those players were given again my comment is about Goodell and him only so if you don't like it fine but it is my own opinion not yours.
killing someone is not still killing someone when it comes to punishment in our society. different degrees of murder, there's manslaughter, etc.

not only is what stallworth did an unintentional act, it was done outside the sport of football. what the saints did was inside the game of football, broke NFL rules, and involved intent. they're two seperate offesnes, and need to be judged and punished different. you can't compare the punishments offered.

as for the comments about goodell, that's a whole other debate. as to what his true intentions are. and you're absolutely entitled to your opinion of him.
I can respect that I just feel as though Goodell will single handily destroy the NFL he always wants to set an example with certain things such as Suh stomping on the head of that guy and getting two games. Not to mention there appears to be a lot of holes between Goodell and the players so I really don't know but we'll see where this goes now that the NFLPA is getting involved.

Back
Top Bottom