(((((SAN DIEGO THREAD - POST ALL SD INFO HERE)))))

UCSD is overrated..trust me, I go there.. if yer the nerdy, conservative, don't care what I'm wearing, hippie, always talk about school kinda person..then you'll fit in. But there's no doubt the education is top notch when it comes to the medical, political science, and engineering fields..

If you like to party, drink, smoke, somewhat fashionable, and cool, you should go to State.

if you have any questions feel free to PM me or hit me up on AIM

Quote:
hey readyon3^^^^ r u still looking for the playoff 13 cause i got a contact with a 9.5 for sale for a decent price well get back at when you can

hey man good looks but i dont want this thread to get locked up/deleted because of buying and selling...

email me the pics and price at [email protected]
looking for...ALL SZ 9 - 10
- JAYS: Retr Nubuck XII, Retro IV Bred, Playoff XIII,
- DUNKS: Lodens, Heineys
- AM: Burst & AM1 Storms, AM93 OG Colors, Tailwind 97 OGs, Safari AM1, Navigation 90s,

TEAM SD - MEMBER #10

Quote:
If you like to party, drink, smoke, somewhat fashionable, and cool, you should go to State.

Or If you want to get a fine education in Business (especially International Business), Chemistry, CE, EE and Computer Science.

State has it's educational merits too.

<!-----<strong>All of your twelve are belong to us.</strong><!-----

quick question..how many NTers would actually come out if we had a sneaker event out here?

Quote:
Or If you want to get a fine education in Business (especially International Business), Chemistry, CE, EE and Computer Science.

They have a really good IDS program also, but real competitive.
[/b]​

Quote:

Yea, make a lot of friends and copy.... Especially if you're a technical major.... Supra knows.... jk... But really... Supra knows...

BTW, don't forget State's Nursing program... They have a very high passing rate for the boards...

And if you're a non-tech or non-science major, don't brag about having Friday's off, that one long essay you wrote for the semester, or only getting 6 hours of sleep....
Sparkling po yun!

Quote:
I may have to disagree with the EE part. Don't get me wrong, I did well in the EE program, but left feeling cheated out of a good education.
Quote:
quick question..how many NTers would actually come out if we had a sneaker event out here?
i would

Quote:

If you give me a free table, I will vendor. I am one of the biggest vendors at DunkXchange, SoleSearching, Sole Assassins, DunkXchange-Las Vegas. You can call Gary that runs DunkX, Eric, Rodney, or Reese that ran SoleSearching, or Ron that runs SoleAssassins.
NOW OPEN​

What Up SD!

Whats up with the Charger home opener this sunday.On my way to work I heard on the radio that game sunday might be blacked out beacuse as of today the game still wasnt sold out.

Quote:
I may have to disagree with the EE part. Don't get me wrong, I did well in the EE program, but left feeling cheated out of a good education.

Word.

Why did u feel cheated? Professors? Curriculum? Resources? Corporate leads/ties/cooperation?

I graduated CS (as you know)

I felt that for the price, we had an amazing staff of professors with a tough curriculum with great ties to Qualcomm and MS.

I do feel however that many people skate by at SDSU (with it's VERY lenient course forgiveness and grading policies) and graduate without really knowing anything about what they studied, but that's their fault not the program's.

<!-----<strong>All of your twelve are belong to us.</strong><!-----

Quote:
Whats up with the Charger home opener this sunday.On my way to work I heard on the radio that game sunday might be blacked out beacuse as of today the game still wasnt sold out.

How the hell do we not sell out the season opener?

It still just proves, either Charger fans are cheap, or we're really that non-existent and only decide to sell out games unless it's against the Raiders or nationally televised game.

SMH.

Once again it's proven, there are more fans of other teams in SD then there are Charger fans, because if that wasn't the case, all the games would be sold out.

And peeps are talking about keeping the Chargers in SD.

[/b]​

That'd be dope to have a sneaker event in SD. We already got Comic-Con, the ASR show, rice rocket show, etc. etc. We just need a video game event and of course a sneaker event to make it even! Seriously, San Diego is a video game city, with tons of companies out here, and of course the shoe heads is nuts. Just because we don't have a team in the NBA, doesn't mean we have a huge following in basketball!!!

Anyhow, it's a dope concept and I'm sure mad heads will mob out. Hope it works out, and if you need any assistance, I'd be glad to help, having organized/promoted many hiphop events in central Cali myself.

Quote:
Why did u feel cheated? Professors? Curriculum? Resources? Corporate leads/ties/cooperation?

I graduated CS (as you know)

I felt that for the price, we had an amazing staff of professors with a tough curriculum with great ties to Qualcomm and MS.

I do feel however that many people skate by at SDSU (with it's VERY lenient course forgiveness and grading policies) and graduate without really knowing anything about what they studied, but that's their fault not the program's.

Mainly the professors, curriculum and resources haha. The old professors are dope, but the new ones that they got coming in are kind of bad. It may be too early to judge them I guess, but most of them don't seem very promising. As far as the curriculum, I guess it's on point, but they seriously need to change the way you advance in the EE program. For example, if you're on the right track everything is cool, but there's one class that if you fail, then you're pretty much held back a whole semester because it's pretty much the prerequisite for all the 300+ classes for EE. And the resources? Man, the network in the Engineering building was horrible, I guess they've been working on it, but whenever I needed to sign onto my account in the computer lab, it would take like 15minutes to sign on. Not only that, but the labs are not very engaging and basically just teach you how to use the common electrical engineering tools. The worst part is definitely the people that skate by. EE was a huge cheatfest. I studied my @#%$ off, but for most other people, studying meant making your cheat sheet as complete as can be. Most of the time you could just get a cheat sheet off of somebody anyway. That's just my 2 cents on the whole SDSU EE experience. I'm not mad because I graduated with a fairly good GPA, it wasn't that hard because most of the classes were curved and half the people in those classes shouldn't have been in them, and my degree got me a dope job. Btw, check my sig if you wear sz8.5 or get at me if you're looking for a 7.5 DMP.

Quote:
It still just proves, either Charger fans are cheap, or we're really that non-existent and only decide to sell out games unless it's against the Raiders or nationally televised game.

I don't really blame people. The ticket prices rose again this year by 14.5%, which results in consecutive years in which a double digit price increase has occured. That's for a team that didn't make the playoffs last year. For the average person in San Diego who has mortgage payments, car payments, insurance, food, gas, $500 cell phone bills, child support; its tough to take you and your family to a game at $79 a pop. Even for one person, $79 for to watch one game plus $20+ parking, $8 beers, and $5 hot dogs makes it a really pricey experience to watch a game.

If the new stadium does get approved, and the Chargers do stay...expect the prices to skyrocket.

Looks like someone is going to have to get NFL Sunday Ticket and have everyone over...
Or Something.

Quote:
I don't really blame people. The ticket prices rose again this year by 14.5%, which results in consecutive years in which a double digit price increase has occured. That's for a team that didn't make the playoffs last year. For the average person in San Diego who has mortgage payments, car payments, insurance, food, gas, $500 cell phone bills, child support; its tough to take you and your family to a game at $79 a pop. Even for one person, $79 for to watch one game plus $20+ parking, $8 beers, and $5 hot dogs makes it a really pricey experience to watch a game.

I completely agree on that with you CJM.

When I first got my season tickets back for 03-04 season, Plaza season tickets were only $490. Not bad. They were $490 again the following season in which we went to the playoffs. Then, they sky rocketd to $570 last season. This season they're $620.

Not to mention that in a span of 4 seasons, parking went from $10 to $20.

As for me, I'm not a baller. I don't make lots of money. I have a somewhat stable job, kinda not really, but it brings in enough money to take care of the bills, buy the needs, and get by. But I save money for my season tickets. The payment plan helps as well.

It was my bad to say that some fans are being cheap, but if people aren't down enough to drop the loot to go to the games, and other investors in the Chargers got to bail us out like Sycuan, then the Chargers may be really packin' their bags to LA.

If kids these days can shell out $300 and then some for shoes, then why not for season tickets?

[/b]​

Quote:
Once again it's proven, there are more fans of other teams in SD then there are Charger fans, because if that wasn't the case, all the games would be sold out.

I think you hit the nail on the head, KB8SD.

Because of the mixture of fans of outside teams and all of the bandwagoners, none of our teams will ever get the support like those of other cities.

It's a shame because you'd figure that teams in "America's Finest City" would be appreciated.

Oh well...I guess no NBA team anytime soon either, just have to root for the Wildfire.

Just my 2 cents.

Or Something.

Quote:
$500 cell phone bills

That is a hefty cell phone bill.

I think one of the reasons the Chargers don't sell out is there are not a lot of native San Diegans. Most people migrated here like myself from somewhere else because of college or the military. They still stay true to their teams from wherever they are from. The other problem is, for me personally, I like watching all or a majority of the games on Sunday. Charger games are like an all day event and then some so you miss the morning games and then obviously you only see the Charger game in the afternoon. The price of football games don't help either, but you gotta remember there are only 8 home games a season unlike baseball's 81 games or basketballs 41 games.
NOW OPEN​

Quote:
Due to the Chargers shortened week coming off its appearance on Monday Night Football, the National Football League granted the team a 24-hour extension in an effort to reach a sellout and lift the local television blackout of this Sundays Chargers-Titans game. The team now has until 1:15 pm on Friday to sell the remaining 1,750 general tickets. Nearly 200 Club seats are also available.

Update Chargers got a 24 hour extension to sell out the home opener.

Any SD dudes interested in doing some sniping (putting poster up) around colleges and the gaslamp for my homey from Urb Magazine? It is for a new vodka company and you will be kicked down a lil bit of money. Hit me on aim if you're down. Aim: gloibon.

Back
Top Bottom