(((((SAN DIEGO THREAD - POST ALL SD INFO HERE)))))

Originally Posted by Sikwiidit04

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

I admit Pau will make the Lakers good.

However, you have to be GREAT to beat the Spurs in a 7 game series.

We'll see though, the west is stacked and the Spurs may be taken out earlier than the WCF this season.

Co-sign.
Kobe will never lead the Lakers to a championship without Big Diesel.
embarassed.gif
indifferent.gif

Dwayne Wade can't even lead his team to .500 with the Big Diesel.

The West doesn't have an answer for the Lakers twin towers.

*Nevermind, Shaq got traded to the Suns.
roll.gif
HEY! It's about time Nash wins a championship.
Shaq in Orlando = Finals
Shaq in LA = Finals plus ring
Shaq in Miami = Finals plus ring
Shaq in Phoenix = Older smarter Shaq = ring?

Older and smarter Shaq?
Don't get me wrong, I got mad love for Shaq, but he is no where near dominant as he used to be. He was averaging close to 14and 7 while with the Heat during this season. Dude isn't even dominant in the East.

Hell, he's only logged 4 games since December. I think he's also leading the league in fouling out.

If he turns out to be a good gamble on Phoenix's end, then cool. But it doesn't make any sense to trade the second best player on the Suns for an agingShaq who's pretty much breaking down right before our eyes. Stupid trade IMO. Trix is far more efficient than Shaq is right now. I think they pulled thetrigger out of reaction after the Gasol trade.

And bro, in regards to those Finals references, Shaq has won Championships with two awesome 2-guards who close games. Steve Nash is arguably the best PG in theleague not named Chris Paul and Jason Kidd. But he does not close games.

I admit Pau will make the Lakers good.

However, you have to be GREAT to beat the Spurs in a 7 game series.

We'll see though, the west is stacked and the Spurs may be taken out earlier than the WCF this season.

Co-sign.
Kobe will never lead the Lakers to a championship without Big Diesel.
embarassed.gif
indifferent.gif

Dwayne Wade can't even lead his team to .500 with the Big Diesel.

The West doesn't have an answer for the Lakers twin towers.

*Nevermind, Shaq got traded to the Suns.
roll.gif
HEY! It's about time Nash wins a championship.
Shaq in Orlando = Finals
Shaq in LA = Finals plus ring
Shaq in Miami = Finals plus ring
Shaq in Phoenix = Older smarter Shaq = ring?

Older and smarter Shaq?
Don't get me wrong, I got mad love for Shaq, but he is no where near dominant as he used to be. He was averaging close to 14 and 7 while with the Heat during this season. Dude isn't even dominant in the East.

Hell, he's only logged 4 games since December. I think he's also leading the league in fouling out.

If he turns out to be a good gamble on Phoenix's end, then cool. But it doesn't make any sense to trade the second best player on the Suns for an aging Shaq who's pretty much breaking down right before our eyes. Stupid trade IMO. Trix is far more efficient than Shaq is right now. I think they pulled the trigger out of reaction after the Gasol trade.

And bro, in regards to those Finals references, Shaq has won Championships with two awesome 2-guards who close games. Steve Nash is arguably the best PG in the league not named Chris Paul and Jason Kidd. But he does not close games.
Exactly what was running through my mind...

Im a Shaq fan even though hes beat up and aging. As long as hes in the game hes gonna make a huge impact. We'll see if the trade was any good later inthe season. But Shaq motivates players to step there game up and every team hes been on has always been contenders. So with that being said it should be veryinteresting to see what happens.
peace
CROS1

But Shaq motivates players to step there game up and every team hes been on has always been contenders.
True, but unfortunately, he couldn't motivate the Heat to get past 10 wins this season so far.

Even Riles, who Shaq has quoted to say, the best coach he's ever played for, has got on him about motivation issues this season. I'm not surprised asto why the Heat shopped him to the Suns. If anything, the Heat came up IMO.

And it works in his favor that now hes playing with a team that has 35 wins haha. So when there in the playoffs thats where Mr Shaq will prove his worth. Andif not there Im sure the Suns will profit from the box office regardless how he plays.
peace
CROS1

Have you seen the ESPN interviews?
He's pissed and when Shaq is pissed he's motivated to play.
Which means league look out!!!!
Saw the D Antonie interview and said he was up to shape.

Look for the Suns over the Lakers this year.
I'm no Suns fan nor Shaq fan but just a Laker hater. =P

Laker haters. It's always an "in" thing when things look good for us.

It's safe to say that the Shaq-less Lakers > Shaq-less Heat, in regards to the 04-05 season.

Hey NT,

I am new to the San Diego area. I am avid collector and with this year possibly being one of the best Jordan brand release year. Where can I get some of thesenew releases. I live in the Scripps Ranch area and the only mall I have been to is Westfield mall. They didn't have much and I don't know if they carrysome of the Jordan gear thats going to be released. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just drop a line here or an IM.

Thanks all

It's safe to say that the Shaq-less Lakers > Shaq-less Heat, in regards to the 04-05 season.

hahahahahahaha.

Better hope the pinky heals quick.

hahahahahahaha.

Better hope the pinky heals quick.
He'll be fine as a facilitator since it's obvious the injury is affecting his shooting.

i'm kinda torn between!!! i was really pissed the way things went down and shaq left. but i was rejuvinated when shaq won his trophy in miami!!! now thatfish is back, i've been motivated to watch lakers/team frobe play again. but now that shaq's back on a contending team, i want him to win anotherone!!! as long as shaq continues to pick up or play well enough to help phx win a championship(praying he does), then i may be able to be at ease. i'venever been a frobe fan, ben (aka supraturbo) will confirm. i understand frobe was a big part of the 3-peat, but justice will continue to be served. DEEP (and imean DEEP) in my heart is still a laker fan but i'm in a love/hate mood cause of what happened after the championship run. as stated earlier, when fishcame back i was the happiest man on the planet!!! then i amused to see them bring pau to the mix, so that made me even a little more excited. but now that theman is back on a contending team, i have no choice but to see him have a chance (not only to make history by bringing 4 diff teams to the finals) to win onemore and end on a higher note then what would have happened if he stayed in miami.

^
The sad thing is that they were defending Champs last season and got trounced by the Baby Bulls.

One horrible season so far, and he has no motivation? I mean, wasn't he playing for the greatest coach he's ever played for and getting paid by thebest owner he's ever played for? Correct me if I'm wrong but he did say that about Riles and Arrison right?

Didn't he also say that he was going to retire with Miami, and that he felt at home there as well.

I love Shaq. Don't get me wrong. But he ain't the dominat dude anymore. This just made the Lakers/Suns rivalry even sweeter.

i feel you bro..

yes he did say that about miami...but ironically, he also said that when he first down here too. dude was bumpin "to live in die in LA" all dayeveryday when he was here, but i guess the attitude of the game (once loved by all athletes) being a "business," gets to everyone. and again,you're correct when you say he played for one of the greatest coaches ever in riley; and jackson ain't to shabby either. the only other great coach hemissed in his time frame is lenny wilkins (i'm sure others will argue nelly and others, but that's beside the point). but if you look at his greatcareer in the business point of view, it looked glum and needed to move elsewhere. as a fan for all of the losing cities (orlando, LA, and now miami), it'sheart ache...but he delivered a championship(s) (orlando to the finals only); none the less, he brought results. TRUE-he's no where/how he;s not asdominant as he used to be, but he's still shaq. maybe this is what the league needed again, a true rivalry...oh and it will be...hopefully. what ever thecase may be, shaq may be the only superstar/(now)journeyman to ever play the game!!! it's very rare you see someone such as himself move to so many teamsand it sucks to see it (ie nique). but it's also nice to see him, or anyone for that matter, succeed where ever they go. and if he does bring phx achampionship, he's truely the leagues' one and only saint nick of rings...for vets. you can ask rice, rock, b shaw, gp, zo, toine, j dubb...andhopefully you can add grant hill soon..oh and nash if you like cannucks.

Listen for me I've been a Laker fan since the end of showtime 87-88.

My feeling towards Shaq is that yeah I respect him for the fact that he played a big role in leading the Lakers to the 3 peat during the last dynasty.But theway he left the LAKERS back in the summer of 2004 really had to do a lot with him.It's just that the media portrayed in the papers and TV that it was Kobethat forced him out by going to Dr. Buss and telling him to choose between Shaq or Kobe.

The truth is Shaq was demanding $30 million a year since he had a grandfathered contract from the old collective barganing agreement.Shaq even then was alreadystarting to decline and wasnt dominant anymore in th 2004 Finals against the Pistons.Shaq was getting out rebounded and out hustled during that Finals agaistSheed & Big Ben.Also lets not foget about the 2002-2003 season when came into training camp out of shape and put off off season toe surgery saying"Since I got injured on company time, I feel I should be allowed to take company time off to get my surgery done". Also Shaq during a pre season gameturned to where Dr. Buss was sitting in the stands and yelled out "Now will you F*king Pay Me" after he made a shot.

Then when he was in Miami the guy was constantly talking trash about the Lakers, Dr. Buss, Kobe, Laker fans, and the city of LA.

I honestly beleive the year the Heat beat the Mavs in the Finals that that Finals was fixed.No it's not because I am a Laker fan and didnt want to see Shaqwin another championship.It's because of the crazy amount of FT's Dwayne Wade was getting and also now because we know that Tim Donaghy ref'ed acouple of those Finals games that year.

Now that he's on the Suns I honestly dont see how he's going to help them get to the Finals or win a championship.Shaq is clearly at the end of hiscareer with nagging injuries.The few times I saw him play for the Heat this year he doesnt have his go to moves like his jump hooks or drop step move in thepost.Also him going up against all the big men in the western conference wont help him.I thought it was actucaly better for him in the eastern conf since hethere werent to many big men for him to gup against.

With all that being said I think Shaq when he's done playing deserves to get his jersey retired @ Staples Center.

That's BS to bring up Tim Donaghy ref'ing the Miami series.

Remember the "loosely" (I'll call it that instead of piss-poor) called Lakers-Blazers WCF series during the first Shaq/Kobe Laker title run?

Guess who one of the officials was?

Yep. Your boy Tim.

Should we devalue that Lakers run because of the officiating crew? Should we look into other Laker championship runs where Donaghy ref'd?

Dwayne Wade gets ridiculous FT attempts against anyone he plays, it's a virtue of his playing style. It's also why he gets hurt all the time. By theway Dallas couldn't play a lick of defense that series, THAT is why they lost. (In fact they still can't, see last years debacle againt BDiddy)

hats off to Steve Kerr,he pulled the trigger to get the Diesel,he needs to reload again next year 'coz Shaq Daddy is retiring after this season,what aworthless trade.Dont get me wrong im a big fan of Shaq,he's the most dominant center ever played the game,its time for him to hang the shoes,hopefullyafter this season,he fulfill his duties as a Deputy Sheriff in Orlando FL.

shaq was my favorite laker and it was heartbreaking for me to see him when he left la. it's a tough pill to swallow because i know his days as a dominantcenter are numbered. everyone knows he should retire.

i understand the only indication for the suns' strategy is for post season purposes and to have a defensive presence in the paint. that is, to guard peoplelike duncan, bynum, gasol, etc...

but shaq isn't the same shaq. he can barely play 20-30 minutes and he gets into early foul trouble. what good is he going to be if he can't playcritical minutes on the floor, especially during playoff time? kurt thomas was just as effective and A LOT cheaper than 20 million.

k. thomas and marion's defense > shaq's defense.

panic move by the suns because the lakers got gasol.

you guys are talking about shaq.
nba champ, the most dominant force in NBA histtory.
Not over 35 years old.
Anyone and everyone can get into shape by playoffs. Except for Oliver Miller and Shawn Kemp. LOL
These guys are Pros. they have the money for trainers and such..

^^^damn man...did you have to bring back O Mill?!?! haha...remember when they put his pic next to the michellin man??? HAHA!!!
roll.gif

Anyone and everyone can get into shape by playoffs.
But that's Shaq problem though. That type of "getting into shape" may have flown for him back in 2000-20005 but not anymore.

Dude has a re-occurring hip injury. So you're telling me during the season while playing games, he's going to whip himself back into dominant shape andthen be 100% healthy to dominate in the playoffs? I find that hard to believe.

And as far as dominant centers in the league right now? It definitely isn't Shaq. It's D12 IMO. No question.

you guys are talking about shaq.
nba champ, the most dominant force in NBA histtory.
Not over 35 years old.
Anyone and everyone can get into shape by playoffs. Except for Oliver Miller and Shawn Kemp. LOL
These guys are Pros. they have the money for trainers and such..
the only thing i don't agree with is the getting into playoff shape. he's gotta play big minutes to get phx far into the playoffs.

he's averaging around 28 mpg (a little over two quarters) and has only played 32 games this season due to nagging injuries. this is shaq not karl malone.

we'll see what happens.

Anyone else have to go one size up on the Kobe III?

The lightest and most responsive basketball shoe I have put on in a while.

Anyone else have to go one size up on the Kobe III?

The lightest and most responsive basketball shoe I have put on in a while.

Mine fit true to size.
My snug fit would be a 9.5 but I wear 10 and that's perfect.

Have you tried it for ball already? I'm thinking about picking up another pair.

Anyone know or seen @ the NIKE outlet in skeedro or Viejas shopping mall ?

The thread for these on NIKE retro said these have hit the NIKE outlets for like $55 to $69 bucks.

Also heads up for SD heads looking to cop these classics:

img1.jpg

Call eastbay up and give the customer servic rep this SKU #: 17810011

These are not up on eastbay's web site yet but you can place a order over the phone for these.Retail on them is $129.Cant wait for my size 10.5 pair toarrive in a few days.

Damn it's been a busy and expensive day for me.First I copped the allstar ZKIII's off kb24.com for $153.Then I called and order the Zoom Flight 95Premiums @ 1am late this morning.

Man I need to stay away from shoes for awhile
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom