San Francisco best city in the world...if you are kind of yuppie like me

I've been out of the US for the past four years and just got back a few days ago. Over the course of the past four years during my travels I came to think of America through the lens of all the problems we hear about/talk about on NT etc (e.g., shootings, education, etc). My friends all moved to SF this year. I went up and spent the last two days in SF.....it is amazing.

All this no values, no culture, no respect, people on phones too much, etc etc is so ridiculously overblown. SF was so amazing. I went to 7 different great food spots that served fresh made there food. Servers were amazing, friendly, helpful and talkative when you asked them something. I used the Lyft service (ride sharing)...had the 3 best cab rides of the past 4 years (purely in terms of friendliness of cab drivers). They were just nice regular people, playing music, chillin, dropping us off wherever we wanted to go for reasonable cost.

Partying was fun (but that is fun too everywhere else in the world...and ends much later). The biggest downside is that a lot of American girls SOUND dumb. They aren't dumb...but the way girls in Cali speak just sounds uninteresting. At least they are good looking (and I have a gf so I care less now).

Overall, I gotta say....SF >>>>>> every city I visited over the past four years. It has everything you could want. All sorts of classes, community engagement, good vibes, reasonably safe during the day, and vibrant.

Last edited:
I went to SF last week and my car got broken into. I was near Geary street (Richmond). My ipod was stolen smh. Its a cool city but do people get jacked on the regular or was i in a bad neighborhood?

I went to SF last week and my car got broken into. I was near Geary street (Richmond). My ipod was stolen smh. Its a cool city but do people get jacked on the regular or was i in a bad neighborhood?

bad luck.

it's cool, but there are a lot of yuppies and hipsters. im getting a little tired of it and matters worse, they filming Real World in the neighborhood :smh:

No other place like it....Taking wifey home for the holidays to show her and try to coerce her to move back with me...

nope. i like SF but

la > sf
nyc > sf

I've live in all 3 cities at one point inmy life

Last edited:
Best friend goes to SFSU so I visit the city every few months...and have a great time every time. I'm from the Bay originally, so it's like I get to return home every time. I want to move back as soon as possible. San Francisco is perfect for me, weather is usually never over 80, a bunch of stuff to do, and beautiful scenery everywhere. It's where I want to be :smokin

Sidebar: Just don't make a wrong turn and end up in the turf :lol:

SF is great but after being here for a while it gets boring. LA>SF. Hands down there is soo much more to do in LA and yea the traffic sucks but I think LA is a greater city overall. NYC is great but the people there are rude as ****.

I just want to graduate from SFSU and land a job in LA so I can move out there.

Last edited:
Well of course SF is great if you're just visiting and staying with someone else for free.

It's when you have to deal with rent, general cost of living, transportation to work, etc on a daily basis that it starts to look less attractive.

the skateboarding scene in SF>>>

i love SF bc i visit SF but from what people have told me about living there, nah.

grew up and lived in sf practically all my life. seems like everyone i know growing up are moving out or buying homes outside of sf. city is too expensive to settle down in. everyone i meet these days are either transplants. they are always saying they love sf, but don't see themselves buying a house or staying here long term. it's a great city to experience for a few yrs and move on...slim chance to get a house with a backyard and space

Last edited:
i live in LA and yes SF >>>

besides the cramped living conditions and non existent parking spaces

Not gonna lie, I'd love to live in NY for a year or two, but I'd be missing the weather in SF everyday
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I love SF. My home since birth. There's just something about the community here, you just can't experience anywhere else. I've been around the country and have spent 4 of the best years of my life in NYC, and i have come to the conclusion that there is somewhere out there for everyone. Ny is about getting where you need to go, no ifs ands or buts to stop me. Such a beautiful and historic city that has been able to retain its ruggedness. L.a is so vast but you can discover something new everyday because of that.

SF is cramped like Manhattan, but that just means everything is within a short distance from you. You have everything you need here. Mind you it is VERY costly living in all of these places, but thats why SF has employed a living wage, so you got some room to work with. Everyone knows eachother, and i love that Community sense. It won't matter who you make friends with, you will eventually run into them again in the 7 x 7 mile stretch of land.

You have your own tastes.but its up to you to find the place that best suits you. A lot of these cities have so much in common, but it's those slight distinctions that make you happy where you're at (or where you want to be).

Back
Top Bottom