San Francisco best city in the world...if you are kind of yuppie like me

SF is great and I visit often but the weather and relative lack of diversity when compared to LA make me say LA >

I lived in the Bay for 6 years so SF will always have a place
look at the size of LA compared to SF. If you want diversity compare the whole bay area.

Well if we want to compare the entire bay area then

LA + OC > The Bay Area easily

What the hell is in OC besides nice beaches, nice houses, and nice looking white wominz?

The Angels?

I'm dead serious. :lol:

But do we really want to go there though? I know SoCal got A LOT of good ones but the Bay Area and North Coast > * when it comes to breweries.

you asked about OC.

you're comparing LA and OC to all of bay area. that is not even a fair comparison :lol:

Last edited:
But do we really want to go there though? I know SoCal got A LOT of good ones but the Bay Area and North Coast > * when it comes to breweries.

you asked about OC.

you're comparing LA and OC to all of bay area. that is not even a fair comparison :lol:

Nah the comparison was LA vs SF and then it was LA + OC vs the Bay. One of those last three does not belong... my whole point was the OC doesn't pull it's weight in that comparison.

Last edited:

you asked about OC.

Nah the comparison was LA vs SF and then it was LA + OC vs the Bay. One of those last three does not belong... my whole point was the OC doesn't pull it's weight in that comparison.

I rather live in the OC vs the South Bay, East Bay, or Peninsula.

LA> SF>> OC> rest of the Bay

I lived in the Bay Area for a year, Chicago for 3 months and now NYC (1 year).

I miss the hell out of SF/OAK but I must say.. NYC >

It's close but damn there are factors that tip the scale in NYC's favor.

For example, women. NYC has beautiful women everywhere. SF, not so much.

Interesting perspective....I'd like to hear more about your stays in these cities because i'm from NYC....but i'm gonna be in Chicago for 3 months starting January of next year....not the best time of year but i've visited Chi-town a couple times and I love that city.

As for S.F. I've been once and i'm going back in Oct. for a couple days vacation because I really enjoyed my first time out there.

I really wanted to live in S.F. at some point in the future.

you asked about OC.

I rather live in the OC vs the South Bay, East Bay, or Peninsula.

LA> SF>> OC> rest of the Bay

You from SoCal though. :lol:

I say this as someone who has lived in all of those areas

Where have you lived in the East Bay.

No one in their right mind whose actually lived in Oakland or Berkeley would claim any part of the OC is better... Unless you're about that Laguna Beach white upper class type life.

Different strokes.

I say this as someone who has lived in all of those areas

Where have you lived in the East Bay.

No one in their right mind whose actually lived in Oakland or Berkeley would claim any part of the OC is better... Unless you're about that Laguna Beach white upper class type life.

Different strokes.

Oakland, Berkeley, and Castro Valley in the East Bay.

I'm a Stanford guy so I can never give Berkeley props :lol:

I prefer the beaches, the weather, the women, and the nightlife of OC vs the East Bay. And yes I'm about that hot white girl life in the OC - Newport, Laguna, and HB FTW - but there are bad Asians and Hispanics too.

But you're right, different strokes. This is all subjective

I feel it. East Bay night life is downright poor, no other word for it. I've had hella fun going out in the OC

For me though when it comes time to settle down and raise a family, North Oakland and parts of Berkeley are the most desirable areas I can think of but of course that's based on my personal preferences and values.

After places in LA, Palo Alto is high on my list on places to settle down but it's so damn expensive. Maybe if me and my future wife only want 1 kid :lol:

I feel it. East Bay night life is downright poor, no other word for it. I've had hella fun going out in the OC

For me though when it comes time to settle down and raise a family, North Oakland and parts of Berkeley are the most desirable areas I can think of but of course that's based on my personal preferences and values.
I'd love to settle down in the east bay (Alameda, North Oakland) but unfortunately the economy isn't growing as fast in the east bay as it is in the silicon valley and parts of SF. I've got a GREAT paying job in San Jose that I wouldn't be able to get in the East Bay. Living and raising a family in the south bay sucks (lack of culture, diversity, sense of community) but it is what it is. 

You're not willing to make the commute for your family specifically your kids?

Last edited:
NY city
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom