Saw SHUTTER ISLAND tonight- vol. yes, it's better than The Departed **Spoilers within**

Originally Posted by NyStAtEoFmInD5150

How is it  better than the Departed if they are both two different movies and themes?

it comes down to personal preference, frankly. But if people are even comparing Shutter Island to the Departed then shouldnt that be enough merit for you to go see it?

Hmmm I'm interested
nerd.gif

can somebody pm what the hell happened in the end? i saw it and was tripped out i didn't know what to think

great movie though

I thought it was pretty good... I'm not 100% sure on the ending though...can someone tell me if I'm right..

Spoiler [+]
When they were on the steps he really knew that he was Andrew, but he wanted to just die instead of being locked up the whole time so he told them that he was still Teddy?? Am I right?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by frankl1001

^Yes

Spoiler [+]
"Live as a monster or die as a good man"
That's what I thought...my brother was trying to convince me otherwise
laugh.gif

Just saw it...the movie had me confused from one thing to another. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and then I was 50/50 then I was like "i see what you did there"

movie was great and the ending was great. Cant wait to see it again on blu-ray...alternate endings perhaps??

9/10 movie. A def must see.

i heard the ending is leo is one of the inmates and the whole movie is basically him sort of dreaming it all.  he is the guy who killed his family right?

I thought it was a solid, solid movie...great performances by leo, ruffalo, and kingsley. I dont really get the departed references, as the theme and style are completely different. I dont know where to rank this movie in the Scorcese list (with raging bull being his true masterpiece).

It is an utterly depressing movie on so many levels, from the flashbacks to Dachau to the realities of mental patients. It's one of those movies, a la the usual suspects, where you notice hints and pieces of the puzzle that you might not have picked up at first viewing

Tried watching it tonight but it was sold out.. probably going to go sometime during the week when its not crowded

this movie still got me thinking and i saw it early afternoon today. great movie imo kept me guessing to what is real and what is not real and the ending had me puzzled to what really happened but looking back at it all makes sense now. i want to see it again to pick up on the details of the movie

wow wow WOWwhat a film! scorcese took a huge puzzle that I completed inside mymind and completely shattered it and cut each piece into 4 parts, and Ihave to rebuild it

true mind %%!% right there, I drove the whole ride home with the music on mute just trying to connect the dots in my head

eek.gif

All I can say is....

eek.gif
pimp.gif

Movie tripped my mind out... didn't know what or who to believe. Some of the flashbacks had me like
sick.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
though.

Spoiler [+]
Oh and I had a feeling he was the 67th patient.

Also....

Spoiler [+]
Left the theater not wanting to believe that leo was crazy
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Dudes straight up ruining the movie in this thread
smh.gif

Just got back from seeing.. definitely a good movie.... nice little twist at the end... and putting all the parts together is nice... highly recommended

Back
Top Bottom