SCHOOL ME ON CUSTOMS

Quote:
how do you put images/designs on leather shoes?

Painted on? You have to draw it on with pencil first or you could jusy go at it with the paint brush.

It takes some drawing skills and alot of pracrice no one can show you reall how to do it just practice prcatice

and the suede thing yes bleach it first. best way to apply yhe dye would be to airbush for use a toothbrush dip it in then scrub the suede with it. You can use a blow dryer and use the razor like said before to renap it up make sure your using the razor and blow dryer at the same time.

Works for me

i just started on my supreme/espo/reflector concept on a brand new pair of dunks i have all my materials already except for the reflectors...i have no idea what to use for the reflectors...do u think reflector disks used in studios and filming is good theirs a lot of it in the disks but im afraid it wont look right and the materials too thin...i have a woodburner for the elephant print the the transparent material sewing machine and adheasive glue to start but no reflecting material...anyone know what i should use?

what kind of a ratio do you use of textile medium with the paint? I used one to one, and had a lot of brush strokes, it could just be from being my first time. Any real basic tips on painting would be appreciated.
"I've always liked sneakers;that was something I responded to even at six years old. I drove my mother crazy about getting me sneakers." -Jerry Seinfeld

i have a question what kind of shoes do any of you recommend for people starting out like me?

is it better to make a sketch of your project 1st or going into the project with your plan in your head?
and by a show of hands of people who care..................

I'd recomend something cheap and white...preferably leather. I like to use templates 1st to make sure the idea I have in my mind will actually look okay outside of my head....its not neccessary though

I'd like to change the brown suede on those Vegas gold Stabs to black to make 'em look like this:
27yc2te.jpg

I wanna try a black Artline marker but have no similar suede to test it on...
Is it safe to use the marker or am I gonna mess it up?
I'm looking for a clean black result, any tips are welcome.

can anyone recommend or shed some light what kinds of glue or adhesive might be effective for putting placing a fabric on a canvas shoes?

This post is insanely informative.
I started in on my first attempt today and then stumbled upon this thread. I picked up a super cheap pair ($25) of white dunk highs that I was just planning on turning into Orcas, more or less -- possibly an orange swoosh instead. But a lot of the ideas in here might drive me to pick up another pair or two and really experiment. I don't really have an artistic bone in my body, this is just a way for me to pass the time now that the weather has gotten crappy.

Quote:
This post is insanely informative.
ed prepping my shoe today after reading this thread. seems to me you gotta take more time on that rather than painting. thanks a lot ^^

Luckily I had some good advice and used a leather preparer to take off factory finish before reading this thread. I'm just sort of taking mental notes for when I do something a little more adventurous.

I learned a lot about what I'd paint first in the future, etc. And BTW, the areas on the swoosh and black in the pic that look white are just shine from the flash. I'm going to take another pic in natural light tomorrow.

30a6udj.jpg

Hey, I need to know what you did to make that swoosh orange on those dunks? I'm trying to make some Supa P-Rods out of the White/Royal pair, and am strugglin big time trying to get that safety orange paint color on the shoe to look right. That swoosh is the perfect shade.

:pimp:
pimp.gif

Strugglin since January 3rd, 1980.

I ordered regular ol' orange angelus leather paint from turtlefeathers.com. 1 oz bottle for $1.75 is all ya need for the swoosh.

Thanks, did you order the leather preparer from them also, or did you use acetone? Can't wait to start working on them now!

:pimp:
pimp.gif

Strugglin since January 3rd, 1980.

I ordered the leather preparer, but didn't do anything with acetone. I should've done a better job with the leather preparer but didn't apply nearly enough on the swoosh. One of the many things I learned, ha.

I'm trying to paint Bengals stripes on the flap for my dunk highs, so if anyone has any advice other than just sketching with pencil, let me know! This was some practice I did tonight on a beater pair of adidas I'm using for testing.

2vxlngz.jpg

I just bought a pair of clark wallabees, but i dont like the color of the sole, and i was wondering if anyone knew a way to inexpensively darken the gum sole.
KarmaLoop 20% Off Use Code "JN8973"

TEAM 509 X PE PIMPS

not sure if this was specified clearly or not...

would angelus paint stick to the foam parts in foamposite sneakers? if not, what is a good type of paint to use?

...wait!!! i take that back.

^^^ as long as theyre leather.

i got a question....anyone know anythang bout how to die straps? i tried to die straps off a pair of vandals but the coating they put on em dont let the die thru.

Question: I got a pair of vintage runners off ebay and the sole is separating from the foam pretty badly. I heard there is a specific kind of cement for gluing soles that won't ever peel, but I don't know what it's called. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
"Don't be so quick to dole out death and judgment. Many that live deserve death, and many that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo?" -Gandalf the Grey

Back
Top Bottom