school me on the Nike Dunk Hi Wu-Tang

Those came out in trainingcamp NYC nearly a decade ago...about 30-50 pairs total...

one of my favorite dunks of all time
pimp.gif
- wish i could scoop up a pair in a10...
wink.gif

krispy pairs go for 5 g's all day. a time when shoes were what they should be simple yet effective.

^^
i just saw one on ebay sz10 ds and wow!!! 590 i believe. was going to id them and put a wu logo patch on the side....

Originally Posted by na penny 89

krispy pairs go for 5 g's all day. a time when shoes were what they should be simple yet effective.

God I wish Nike would get back to this concept...
tired.gif

overrated in my opinion.

just a pair of goldenrods with the wu-tang W stitched on the heel and tongue tag.

however, they were one of the first hypers ever, and they go for 4 digits all day.

They are both dope (simple concept and colorway) but overrated cuz they are 5 stacks....but those were the days, getting dope simple dunk Hi's fromfootaction (OG michigan, brazil, golden rods hi's all with good quality leather)

It seems that when less people were buying these types of shoes, the quality was better. Now they can sell 100,000 pairs and they decide to take the way of themilitary 4 retro and use cheap crap......

255forLife wrote:
overrated in my opinion.

just a pair of goldenrods with the wu-tang W stitched on the heel and tongue tag.

however, they were one of the first hypers ever, and they go for 4 digits all day.
agreed....the price is OD beyond belief.

Originally Posted by 255forLife

overrated in my opinion.

you say that now but before thats when the words 'limited' and "released to friends and family' were really what they meant. "just alogo" back then was a big deal and i guess if you were around back then, youd appreciate it. with all these retros coming out, it ruined alot of love forsome folks coz it killed the search.

it ruined alot of love for some folks coz it killed the search.
yep my sentiments exactly...if you wanted somethin a lil diff on the sneaker tip you had to put in work to find it. i remember taking trains allaround the city with my cousin so he could get the og hares. now you can simply line up at your nt. in the end its jus rubber and leather
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Sha77er S7ar I

you say that now but before thats when the words 'limited' and "released to friends and family' were really what they meant. "just a logo" back then was a big deal and i guess if you were around back then, youd appreciate it. with all these retros coming out, it ruined alot of love for some folks coz it killed the search.

the search? all it takes is a couple phone calls and a couple stacks.

or i could take my leather goldenrods, and a .jpg of the W off the 'Net and get it embroidered for what? $10? $20?

like haiti5 said, in the end they're just pieces of rubber and leather.

255forLife wrote:

Originally Posted by Sha77er S7ar I

you say that now but before thats when the words 'limited' and "released to friends and family' were really what they meant. "just a logo" back then was a big deal and i guess if you were around back then, youd appreciate it. with all these retros coming out, it ruined alot of love for some folks coz it killed the search.

the search? all it takes is a couple phone calls and a couple stacks.

or i could take my leather goldenrods, and a .jpg of the W off the 'Net and get it embroidered for what? $10? $20?

like haiti5 said, in the end they're just pieces of rubber and leather.

kinda pointless to explain my perspective on this shoe thing coz the 'search' is a lost art. i could make a couple phone calls and paysignificantly less than 2 stacks, maybe even under 1 when they came out originally - hell, i can probably do it now. you probably could too. but id probablyappreciate it more than you, judging by your previous comments. just reminded me of how the this shoe thing was before the whackness surrounding it now.

yep, everyone could make their own wu tang dunks. but who you impressin? frontin a bunch of suckas, including yourself? im good, i dont need to hype myself upwith a lie, lol

calm down, b. it's really not that serious.. no need for that elitist attitude.. either way, they're just shoes.

Back
Top Bottom