School Me On This Russia/Ukraine Kerfuffle

like come on now you going to just stereotype a whole nation of people that is very bias and will get us no where

people who think like that probably said the same thing about black people during slavery and same thing they doing to immigrants trying to cross the border in america.

you let someone else draw that bias for you smh
you really going to compare black people who are victims of slavery to russian politicians/oligarchs? that's insulting. truth is, stereotyping has some merits of truth to it. I'm talking about Russian politicians with regards to their fog of war tactic that has been going on after ww2. point of the matter is, whatever Putin says is never the truth but a b.s. excuse of justifying his invasion.

They're just people at the end of the day.
Just like in any other case, you can't just assume what someone's like because of their country, race, culture, religion, ...
just to clarify, my point was Russian Oligarchs and Politicians. many years ago before the Crimean invasion, I supported Russia and really believed that they would be a great ally. I even had a conversation with a Ukrainian client about it. he just looked at me and said words that stayed with me. He said that I should be careful with my belief, and mentioned that they would take 10X of what you have for something that you owe them. I dismissed his statement and it's only recently that I realized what he meant.

shoot i hated TC when he was on Fox news, but he did the world a favor by allowing free speech to prevail here our MSM would have never done this interview with Putin.

You can’t seriously think Tucker Carlson allowed free speech to prevail in the USA :lol:

Plenty of American journalist have asked to interview Putin. He rejected them. In fact, he actually jailed an American journalist in Russia. 2 of them :lol:

You don’t hear Tucker advocating for his free speech.

But I’m just curious why you can’t share your thoughts on the following people. I come in peace. I just want to get your perspective. They are SUPER relevant to the topic:

Edward Snowden
Glenn Greenwald
Elon Musk
Peter Thiel
Jimmy Dore
Donald Trump

Minor correction, he did ask about the jailed journalist in the interview.

Goes to show he didnt watch the interview but got so much to say. I see what he on.

Cant take that poster serious anymore he here for jokes and laughs blocked

Last edited:
you really going to compare black people who are victims of slavery to russian politicians/oligarchs? that's insulting. truth is, stereotyping has some merits of truth to it. I'm talking about Russian politicians with regards to their fog of war tactic that has been going on after ww2. point of the matter is, whatever Putin says is never the truth but a b.s. excuse of justifying his invasion.

You didnt say anything about oligarch's or politicians in your original post you said RUSSIANS good rephrase to try to flip it on me better have clarified yourself you was way out of bounds. Do better

I agree 1000% that free speech and open dialogue should be encouraged but I think you're also kinda glossing over the presumed reason why Putin accepted this interview.
Putin is of course well aware his covert influence campaign throughout the last 8 years (specifically during the Trump years) has significantly improved his status amongst conservative leaning Americans. All he's doing here is trying to capitalize on the conservative opposition against Ukraine aid. He didn't budge on anything in this interview, articulated himself very well and presumably raised his status again.

And didnt gloss over anything if any poster in here did their homework you would know its an election year for both countries.

And didnt gloss over anything if any poster in here did their homework you would know its an election year for both countries.
Come on now lol, everyone knows Russia's elections might as well not exist. If anyone poses the slightest threat to Putin, he'll just jail or assassinate them.
The biggest political opponent he's ever faced (Navalny) was jailed, banned from running in the elections and then poisoned in a botched assassination or deadly warning.
He doesn't have to concern himself with elections or domestic politics, it's a non-issue.

Last edited:
Come on now lol, everyone knows Russia's elections might as well not exist. If anyone poses the slightest threat to Putin, he'll just jail or assassinate them.
He doesn't have to concern himself with elections or domestic politics, it's a non-issue.

how did I know you would say that and anywhere in my post did I say it was a fair election in Russia? they are not a democracy. Putin will win this year in Russia the only thing that will defeat him is death.

if you did your research with actual Russians you would know that they have these elections to critique Putin and use the data to show where he needs to improve.

Russians know it's not a fair election. its no secret

how did I know you would say that and anywhere in my post did I say it was a fair election in Russia? they are not a democracy. Putin will win this year in Russia the only thing that will defeat him is death.

if you did your research with actual Russians you would know that they have these elections to critique Putin and use the data to show where he needs to improve.

Russians know it's not a fair election. its no secret
Since that was your reply to my post, and you referred to "glossing over the presumed reason why Putin accepted this interview", I assumed from that context that you meant Putin's reasons for taking this interview also had to do with the Russian elections. Which would make no sense because he doesn't have to concern himself with elections. As you said, the elections are just for data collection, and to some extent posturing.
What else was I supposed to assume from this context? If that's not what you meant to imply, then separate those sentences.
50413bcee1ae71507dd77d06f353b75a.png

Since that was your reply to my post, and you referred to "glossing over the presumed reason why Putin accepted this interview", I assumed from that context that you meant Putin's reasons for taking this interview also had to do with the Russian elections.
What else was I supposed to assume from this context? If that's not what you meant to imply, then separate those sentences.
50413bcee1ae71507dd77d06f353b75a.png

man im am grown and dont have time to be correcting all this auto spell check and grammar.

but note taken mr grammar

man im am grown and dont have time to be correcting all this auto spell check and grammar.

but note taken mr grammar
That's fine, we're both adults.
I'm just saying you shouldn't act all surprised or condescending at someone's assumption when you're at fault for the confusion in the first place.
I'm not telling you to start typing with proper spelling and grammar or whatever, it's generally not an issue. In that specific case, that assumption was the only logical assumption I or anyone else could draw.

That's fine, we're both adults.
I'm just saying you shouldn't act all surprised or condescending at someone's assumption when you're at fault for the confusion in the first place.
I'm not telling you to start typing with proper spelling and grammar or whatever, it's generally not an issue. In that specific case, that assumption was the only logical assumption I could draw.

I feel ya i see how that could have read.

Just fyi if you are indeed in belgium i live not too far from brussels we could have a beer if you drink.

Peace

You didnt say anything about oligarch's or politicians in your original post you said RUSSIANS good rephrase to try to flip it on me better have clarified yourself you was way out of bounds. Do better
you didn't do much better with your analogy with using blacks which is even far worse example and an insult. do much better.

you didn't do much better with your analogy with using blacks which is even far worse example and an insult. do much better.

Nice try. I see what you on to. You dont trust any russians because of someone else experience

quick and simple answer from you, do you trust Putin?

I really don’t trust anyone, but just like any other politician out there they all have an agenda at the end of the day and will say whatever to stay in power.

But there is some truths being told by them (politicians). Just have to sort thru the lies at the end of the day and think for yourself.

And just because you dont trust someone doesnt mean they spew nothing but lies gotta find common ground.

Russia declared Estonian Prime Minister Kaja Kallas a "wanted" person on Tuesday. The website of Russia's interior ministry included Kallas in a database as being "wanted under the criminal code."

Estonia's State Secretary Taimar Peterkop and Lithuania's Culture Minister Simonas Kairys were also named on the wanted list.

What are the charges? Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov later said that Kallas and the other Baltic lawmakers had been put on the wanted list for hostile actions against Russia and the "desecration of historical memory." "These are people who take hostile actions against historical memory and our country," Peskov told reporters.

A Russian security source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, told Russia's state-run TASS news agency that the three were being prosecuted for "destroying monuments to Soviet soldiers" in World War II.

We're talking about Soviet monuments outside of Russia. :lol:

Definitely the behavior a very reasonable leader...

Back
Top Bottom