School Me On This Russia/Ukraine Kerfuffle

Which is why we are all Russian.

LFG

Пойдем
We’re all comrades in this life famb
ABDD07D6-A04C-4C23-A63A-BEF7AAE93771.png

The comment below and the replies offer a different perspective on the conflict.

Seems that the willingness of past US administrations to take unilateral action under the cover of international organizations allowed Putin to justify his current actions in what he considers his sphere of influence.

The comment below and the replies offer a different perspective on the conflict.

Seems that the willingness of past US administrations to take unilateral action under the cover of international organizations allowed Putin to justify his current actions in what he considers his sphere of influence.

Good read right here.

Who was the MAGA guy on here who was always sympathetic to Russian propaganda?

I remember he disappeared and then Meth revealed that he had actually been posting from Russia

I think it was teamjordan79

He used to have the Miami Hurricanes mascot avy right?

Here's a thread with him and another Russian bot :lol:

And another great article on how crypto ties into it too.

Which should further connect to the new oligarchs in the us. The Silicon Valley tech bros /PayPal mafia. Small circle indeed. New Koch bros for real. Different industries in different times. US capitalist gangsters at the height of things like it’s always been.

The ****ed up part is, this is really chickens coming home to roost for the US and the western imperialist countries in many different ways.

Verrrrrry interesting times we’re living in

As a Polish American who has family in Poland still this is scary. Putin wants to basically recreate the USSR and he’s on the record of saying it. I posted this in the politics thread but consider this. Belarus has a puppet government that is controlled by Putin. Moldova has partially be annexed to Russia and they basically control that. If we let them take Ukraine what’s them to stop at Poland, the North Baltic states, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic?

The Russians have long loved to state that they are the protectors of the Slavs but they are nothing but exploiting colonizers.

There is also political divisions in Europe now that makes it seem weak. Hungary has an authoritarian in charge who is in Putins hand because the EU said they won’t help him until we allows the democracy to come back. Poland is currently ruled by an Anti-EU government which resembles the Republican Party of the US of the trump years.

Like this is scary for those of us from the area and who have ties to that area. Poland especially because the west has left us to fend for ourselves before. Hitler and WW2 is a prime example where England and France promised to help and see how much they did. I’m just hoping it doesn’t come to that.

With most of Qatari volumes are locked into long-term contracts mostly to Asian buyers, the amount of divertable volumes that can be shipped to Europe is only 10-15%, Saad al-Kaabi added.

Kaabi's comments renewed concerns over Europe's security of gas supplies as tensions escalated between Russia and Ukraine on Tuesday after Moscow ordered troops into two breakaway regions in eastern Ukraine. read more

"Russia (provides) I think 30-40% of the supply to Europe. There is no single country that can replace that kind of volume, there isn’t the capacity to do that from LNG," Kaabi told reporters at a gas conference in Doha.

"Most of the LNG are tied to long-term contracts and destinations that are very clear. So, to replace that sum of volume that quickly is almost impossible," he said.

The United States and its European allies are set to announce fresh sanctions against Russia after President Vladimir Putin formally recognised the independence of the two regions in eastern Ukraine. The sanctions could affect the Russian flow of gas into Europe.

Germany on Tuesday halted the Nord Stream 2 Baltic Sea gas pipeline project, designed to double the flow of Russian gas direct to Germany. The move sent gas prices higher on Tuesday

We’re here now ⬆️

One thing K-12 education has absolutely failed at (on purpose) has been to accurately teach what the American political system was like at the onset of WWII. There were lots of well-known Nazi sympathizers in this country, and if it weren't for the attack on Pearl Harbor, we probably wouldn't have entered that war.

I point this out because right now, media figures want to treat the rise of fascism as a new development in American politics when it has always been there. It's just that the proper retelling of American politics up to the 1920s-30s was at odds with the post-WWII picture of America as a global defender of democracy and human rights.

No one should be surprised by the likes of Carson, who are now repeating pro-authoritarian rhetoric: they've always been here.

Back
Top Bottom