Sean Taylor dead at the age of 24.

RIP Mr Springs. This is just being too tough on the Skins.

At least there are 3 suspects. Great progress.

Let's give it up to the PD down there in Florida.

It surely was looking like it was going to go as another 'unsolved' case.

So far, so good. Hopefully all three fry.
mad.gif

A close friend of mine called me last night and told me most of the defense was at the restaurant where he worked at in Georgetown.. (Washington, Springs,Smoot, Doughty, etc..)

he said their spirits were pretty high.. I can't imagine how Shawn must be feeling right now.. RIP Mr. Springs

and those suspects will get the judgement they deserve.

Say what you want about Dan Snyder, but this is very generous and kind on his part:

******** ESTABLISH FUND TO BENEFIT DAUGHTER OF SEAN TAYLOR

ASHBURN, VA - The Washington ******** today announce establishment of a trust fund to benefit Jackie, the 18-month old daughter of slain safety Sean Taylor.

The Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund has been fully endorsed by Jackie Garcia, mother of Sean's daughter, and will guarantee the support and education of their only dependant. The team and Owner Daniel M. Snyder have dedicated a minimum of $500,000 to the fund.

"Sean's father, Pete Taylor, and Jackie made it clear to me that their desire is for young Jackie to have every advantage Sean would have provided," Snyder said. "No one can ever replace him, but we can help ensure their wishes. It's the very least we all can do."

Donations to The Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund may be made to:

The Sean Taylor Memorial Fund

c/o The Washington ********

21300 ******** Park Drive

Ashburn, VA 20147

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Say what you want about Dan Snyder, but this is very generous and kind on his part:

******** ESTABLISH FUND TO BENEFIT DAUGHTER OF SEAN TAYLOR

ASHBURN, VA - The Washington ******** today announce establishment of a trust fund to benefit Jackie, the 18-month old daughter of slain safety Sean Taylor.

The Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund has been fully endorsed by Jackie Garcia, mother of Sean's daughter, and will guarantee the support and education of their only dependant. The team and Owner Daniel M. Snyder have dedicated a minimum of $500,000 to the fund.

"Sean's father, Pete Taylor, and Jackie made it clear to me that their desire is for young Jackie to have every advantage Sean would have provided," Snyder said. "No one can ever replace him, but we can help ensure their wishes. It's the very least we all can do."

Donations to The Sean Taylor Memorial Trust Fund may be made to:

The Sean Taylor Memorial Fund

c/o The Washington ********

21300 ******** Park Drive

Ashburn, VA 20147

Very nice gesture by Mr Snyder. I have a feeling with all the players from the U and fellow skins and such that that account will be very full for thatlittle girl when she grows up. I hope she becomes president or a CEO someday and goes on to do big things. Best wishes for her and her mom.

RIP Mr Springs.
tired.gif

Damn....+*** is still hard to believe....I don't think it wil truly sink in until the the ******** game this weekend and the funeral on Monday

[h6]Posted at 1:25 PM ET, 11/30/2007[/h6] [h3]Joe Gibbs, Santana Moss and Clinton Portis React To The News of Suspects In The Case[/h3]
Coach Joe Gibbs reacted briefly coming off the field to news that three men have been detained in Florida in connection to Sean's murder:

"That's good, that's real good," Gibbs said. "i think that makes everybody around here extremely happy. We're thankful for that, and we apprciate all the hard work everybody put into that."

WR Santana Moss said: "The only thing I can think of, if those are the guys, I hope they'll just be dealt with properly. There's nothing much I can say about it. There's no anger I can express to them. What's done is done. But if they the guys, whatever they have planned for them, it's gonna be right."

Clinton Portis said: "Hopefully, these are the guys and we'll have something to cheer about and be excited about."
Portis is hoping for some sort of answers about the crime. "Everybody wants to know why," Portis said. "But it's still not going to bring back Sean ... I'm sure everybody is just looking for a reason why Sean? Why him?"

Also, some in the media continue to report that Sean was in Florida to get his knee evaluated. As I have reported throughout this ordeal, the ******** have no knowledge of that. Sean's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has told some of his clients that Sean was there to see Dr. Uribe. I asked Joe specifically today if Rosenhaus has ever conveyed that message to the ********, or if they had any new knowledge of a specific reason Sean was in Miami, and he said no.

There have been communications between Rosenhaus and the team, but no one here knows anything about a doctors appointment. There would be no issues at all if Sean was getting his injured knee looked at while down in South Florida, and Dr. Uribe has consulted on several ******** players in the past. Privately, though, considering how late Sean got down there Saturday - and that he planned to come back to ******** Park on Monday for the start of work - people in the organization don't see how it would really have been possible for him to get a check-up anyway on a Sunday.

I have called Rosenhaus every day this week trying to get some confirmation on any knee appointments, but have not heard back from him (I know he has been incredibly busy this week and last I heard he was flying back to Florida from the Dallas game last night). When I do hear something from him I will let you know.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/*******sinsider/

I'm literally speechless....
smh.gif

UPDATE: Sean Taylor murder: Taylor's siblings may have been involved
Sean Taylor murder probe in Ft. Myers: Taylor's siblings may have been involved
By WINK News and The Associated Press

Story Created: Nov 30, 2007 at 12:44 PM EST

Story Updated: Nov 30, 2007 at 5:23 PM EST
UPDATE:
Lee County, Fla. - Detectives from the Miami-Dade Police Department have informed WINK News that Sean Taylor's brother and sister may have been involved in the NFL star's home burglary.

Authorities say Taylor gave money to his brother and sister. They, in turn, shared the wealth with suspects now detained in connection with the case. Officials also believe Taylor's brother and sister may have bragged about the large amount of wealth inside his Miami home.

Four suspects are currently detained, but others, possibly from the Lehigh Acres area, may be involved.

Six Miami detectives are in Fort Myers working the case, along with Florida Department of Law Enforcement agents.

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/11969961.html

^there is a vid in the link from the news, and it has what appears to be footage of a possible suspect in police custody

I just donated some $ to the trust fund set up by Mr. Snyder for Jackie.

Maybe they may have bragged and unknowingly set off this tragedy but I hope to God they didnt have a hand in setting up a burglurary that ended up killingtheir Brother

and the other thing is that the sister is named as the beneficiary policy that Sean has from the NFL. not saying that it was the motive behind what happened..
I just think, like Gunna said, that they may have gave more information than they should have..

By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Updated: November 27, 2007

The family of slain Washington ******** safety Sean Taylor will receive a number of benefits, including a $600,000 life insurance policy, under terms of the league's collective bargaining agreement with its players.

But according to NFL senior vice president of public relations Greg Aiello, the league has "no specific salary-cap rules" governing a player's death. And the NFL is still determining, Aiello said in an e-mail, the exact ramifications that Taylor's passing early Tuesday morning will have on his contract and on the ********' future salary cap.

Aiello said that Taylor's sister was named as the beneficiary of his life insurance policy.

3 detained in Sean Taylor homicide; 2 others sought

[h5]Posted on Fri, Nov. 30, 2007[/h5]
Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
[h3]BY MANNY GARCIA AND DAVID OVALLE[/h3] [h3][email protected][/h3]
Miami-Dade detectives have expanded their probe into the death of Washington ******** football star Sean Taylor.

Earlier, detectives detained two teenagers and a man in his 20s in Lee County for questioning in the death, and cops have identified two others in connection with the case, although no one has been charged.

Investigators believe some of the young men had been to Taylor's house recently for a birthday party and that may have set the stage for the subsequent decision to break into the home of the National Football League star.

The suspects include 17- and 18-year-olds and a 21-year-old. All hail from the Fort Myers area.

The former University of Miami star was not supposed to be home at the time of the break-in. While the ******** played in Tampa, he had come home to get a second medical opinion on his injured knee.

Florida Department of Law Enforcement agents and at least two Miami-Dade homicide squads have been in Fort Myers and they picked up the young men Friday morning.

Miami-Dade police briefed Taylor's father, Pedro Taylor, on Friday morning about the case, at the same time that investigators were tracking down the men wanted for questioning.

Taylor was shot early Monday by an intruder who surprised him in the bedroom of his Palmetto Bay home.

Taylor wielded a machete as he tried to protect his fiancée, Jackie Garcia, and their 18-month-old baby girl. The two were hiding under the covers as Taylor was shot.

One bullet pierced the wall. The other struck Taylor in the groin, severing his femoral artery and causing massive blood loss. He died at about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday at Jackson Memorial Hospital. Pedro Taylor and his family have set up a memorial scholarship in the name of his son and his granddaughter to help high school and college students.

http://www.miamiherald.com/1246/story/326903.html

7yp6ipv.jpg

my dad always says "there is no such thing as easy money" . kids and the misconceptions of money/how to obtain it.
smh.gif
mad.gif

Source: Confession in NFL star's murder
Last updated on: 11/30/2007 6:07:10 PM by NBC2 News

FORT MYERS: Sources tell us that four people have been detained in Lee County in connection with the murder of NFL star Sean Taylor and authorities are searching for a fifth.

Detectives from the Miami area are in Lee County participating in the investigation.

We have learned the names of two of the people being detained - 17 year old Eric Rivera and 18 year old Charles Wardlow.

Sources tell us the person who is the alleged shooter has confessed.

A source also tells us the suspects broke into Sean Taylor's home a couple of weeks ago to get "a large sum of money." They went back a week later and tried to get that money, and that is when the shooting happened.

One of the four subjects being questioned was apprehended by the Florida Highway Patrol during a traffic stop.

Taylor, a defensive back for the Washington ********, died early Tuesday morning after being shot in an overnight robbery Monday at his Palmetto Bay home. Palmetto Bay is in the Miami area.

A public viewing for Taylor is scheduled Sunday in Miami. The entire ******** organization plans to fly to Florida to attend Monday's funeral at Pharmed Arena at Florida International University.

[emoji]169[/emoji] 2007 by NBC2 NEWS. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=16112&z=3&p
=

If they were there just to "get a large sum of money" why did they have a gun with them? And that would leave the whole knife on the bed openended. I hope that it's not true about the brother and sister. That would be a horrible twist to all this.
sick.gif

3 detained, 2 sought in Taylor homicide
Posted on Fri, Nov. 30, 2007
BY R.C. WHITE, DAVID OVALLE and MANNY GARCIA
[email protected]

LEHIGH ACRES -- One of the men being questioned by Miami-Dade police in Sean Taylor's death recently attended a party at the football player's PalmettoBay home -- and mowed his grass, the man's family said.

Relatives of Jason Mitchell, 19, told The Miami Herald that he attended a birthday bash for Sasha Johnson, who is Sean Taylor's sister. Johnson datesChristopher Devon Wardlow, 21, Mitchell's family said. His brother, Charles Wardlow, 18, was also being interviewed by Miami-Dade homicide detectives. Noone has been charged.

An unidentified 17-year-old was also being questioned at Florida Department of Law Enforcement Headquarters in Fort Myers. Police were looking for two othermen, but no one has been charged.

According to Scottie Mitchell, 19, Jason's twin brother, Johnson and Christopher Devon Wardlow invited Jason Mitchell to the birthday party within thepast two months. He even did work around Taylor's house, Scottie Mitchell said: "He cut his grass and everything.''

Scottie Mitchell said he believes his brother was home in Lehigh Acres the night of the murder.

Sasha Johnson turned 21 on Oct. 1. The twins have been friends with Christopher Devon Wardlow for about eight years, Scottie Mitchell said, adding that hedoes not know Charles Wardlow or the 17-year-old.

Frank Fuller, who identified himself as the grandfather of Charles Wardlow, answered the door at his home in a hardscrabble area of east Fort Meyers, andtold a Miami Herald reporter: "We don't know anything. We don't know where Charles is. We haven't seen him for hours. And even if we did[know], we wouldn't talk to you about it.''

Relatives say Jason Mitchell worked at a Bob Evans restaurant and had gone to a job interview at UPS Friday morning before being picked up by police.

FDLE agents and at least two Miami-Dade homicide squads picked up the three in the Fort Myers area Friday morning. At least two others are being sought forquestioning.

Police believe bragging about Taylor's wealth may have attracted the intruders to the NFL star's home. Taylor was shot early Monday by an burglarwho surprised him in the bedroom of his Palmetto Bay home.

Taylor wielded a machete as he tried to protect his fiancée, Jackie Garcia, and their 18-month-old baby girl. The two were hiding under the covers as Taylorwas shot.

One bullet pierced the wall. The other struck Taylor in the groin, severing his femoral artery and causing massive blood loss. He died at about 3:30 a.m.Tuesday at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

Pedro Taylor and his family have set up a memorial scholarship in the name of his son and his granddaughter to help high school and college students.

Miami Herald staff writers Trenton Daniel and Larry Lebowitz contributed to this report.

http://www.miamiherald.com/1246/story/326903.html

when most kids are sleeping, preparing to go to school, these kids were trying to obtain easy money.....where did these kids go wrong?

Sean Taylor used his talent + hard work to make money..

These kids had their own undiscovered talents + no hard work to try to get to Sean's money/safe?

just a shame....

pimp.gif
nice to hear those bastards of people got caught.

but it's a shame that your older brother provides for you, and you just gotta let everyone know u got riches..that's just messed up
tired.gif
. u gotta work your way up to get the money, there's no goin around that.

The Miami PD is having a press conference on ESPNEWS right now.

The dude says he wants to make it clear that this group of dudes thought the house was vacant, and that they had no intentions of shooting anybody because theythought nobody was home.

I'm still not buying it.

The dude says he wants to make it clear that this group of dudes thought the house was vacant, and that they had no intentions of shooting anybody because they thought nobody was home.
make it clear? make it clear that this is their side of the story?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

make it clear? make it clear that this is their side of the story?
No, he made it seem like that was what the PD established, like they had firm evidence that that was the case.

i'm assuming he only said that because there might have been some bargaining process with these losers and in return for their confession, he mighthave went easy on them in the media and threw that out there just so it might make an impression at an eventual trial
it won't matter though, thosemotherfu__ers better get locked up for a long time and i hope they get it nice in jail, i don't give a %%**...sad when you live out the "americandream" and work soooo hard to do what you do and you were at home with your girl and kid and some idiot goon had to come and end everything....dumb f__ks

that dad better slap the living hell out of them kids he has too...pathetic
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom