Sean Taylor dead at the age of 24.

[h1]Speculation and Secrecy Cloud Taylor Investigation[/h1]
By Amy Shipley and Peter Whoriskey
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, November 30, 2007; Page A01

MIAMI, Nov. 29 -- Four days after SeanTaylor was fatally shot in his Miami home, family andfriends of the Washington ******** safetystruggled Thursday with competing theories about the motives behind the attack but had few tangible clues.

While Taylor's father made arrangements for his wake, and his mother visited the 5,000-seat arena at which his funeral will take place Monday, an arrayof contradictory statements, a retraction and crime-scene details not fully explained have seeped out from a variety of sources, adding to the mystery overwhether Taylor was a random victim or targeted.
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Among the questions: Why was Taylor's house burglarized just eight days before the shooting, with the thieves taking virtually nothing and leaving akitchen knife on a bed? Why was Taylor in Miami again -- without notifying ******** Coach Joe Gibbs -- after having returned briefly after the first break-in? Why didMonday's intruder or intruders kick in the bedroom door? Why was at least one carrying a gun, which legal experts say is uncommon among burglars becausebreaking and entering with a weapon carries much harsher minimum sentences? Why did Taylor have a machete in his bedroom?

People close to Taylor on Thursday attempted to counter speculation that he was the intended target of the gunman who burst into his bedroom early Mondaymorning. They said they believed one or more intruders kicked down Taylor's bedroom door in search of a safe, not Taylor himself, during a break-in inwhich the Pro Bowl defensive back was shot in the groin.

"They were shocked when they saw somebody there," said Ed Hill, who said he was a cousin and former roommate of Taylor's father. "Hereally spooked them."

Miami-Dade police said Wednesday they had"no reason" to believe the break-in was anything other than a botched burglary and that the evidence suggested Taylor was a random victim. Even so,Taylor's childhood friend Antrel Rolle, now a cornerback with the Arizona Cardinals, and others have postulated that Taylor was targetedby someone who harbored a grudge.

"This was not the first incident," Rolle said. "They've been targeting him for three years now."

Two of Taylor's closest friends on the ********, SantanaMoss and Clinton Portis, on Thursday gavecredence to Rolle's comments because Taylor had known him since age 6.

"Antrel Rolle and Sean grew up pretty close together," Moss said. "If he knows something that we don't know, then all you can do isrespect what he said. I don't know how true it is, but he might know something that we don't know."

Law enforcement observers said the Taylor case was one of the most buttoned-down investigations they had ever encountered in the city and the lack ofinformation has failed to bring clarity to the probe. Thus far the police work has produced no suspects and no witness description.

There has also been much confusion over several details. Initial reports said the phone line to the house had been cut, forcing Taylor's girlfriend,Jackie Garcia, to call 911 on her cellphone. Miami-Dade police later said they found no evidence the line had been cut.

A cousin said Taylor had no security system at the home. Taylor's attorney, Richard Sharpstein, and others said he had a security system but it wasdisarmed on the night of the shooting. Taylor's father, the chief of police in nearby Florida City, said he simply didn't know. The police refused tocomment, but the question of why a multimillionaire, high-profile athlete did not take greater security measures remained unanswered.

[font=arial,sans-serif][size=-1]CONTINUED[/size][/font] [font=arial,sans-serif]1[/font] [font=arial,sans-serif]22[/font] [font=arial,sans-serif]33[/font] [font=arial, ms sans serif, sans-serif]NextNext >[/font]

Originally Posted by sole lovely

Originally Posted by FLiP SeNsAyShUn

Thats an awesome painting, sole lovely. I want to buy one as well. It's petty that resellers are buying the jerseys out of greed rather than appreciation. I remember buying my Sean Taylor jersey a few months ago. I had to go to at least 7 different spots just to find it.

thanks bro. it retailed for about $60 somethin but then i got it down to $23
smile.gif
where are you located? we had RACKS of them here in nova

Where in NoVA? I want to get one of those painting too

Originally Posted by SomethingDunk

Thats an awesome painting, sole lovely. I want to buy one as well. It's petty that resellers are buying the jerseys out of greed rather than appreciation. I remember buying my Sean Taylor jersey a few months ago. I had to go to at least 7 different spots just to find it.

smile.gif

there were a ton of jerseys before his death at dulles town center. i got my paintings from there too. this dude is a MASS oil artist. what i have reallyisnt a painting it's more of a drawing lol. but yeah im sure you can find one over here.

Originally Posted by SomethingDunk

smile.gif

there were a ton of jerseys before his death at dulles town center. i got my paintings from there too. this dude is a MASS oil artist. what i have really isnt a painting it's more of a drawing lol. but yeah im sure you can find one over here.

thanks... gonna go there tomorrow

not sure how accurate... will wait and see...

http://www.local10.com/news/14736793/detail.html
[h1]Police May Have Break In Taylor's Shooting[/h1][h2]Local 10 Has Learned Homicide Detectives In Fort Myers[/h2]
POSTED: 11:34 am EST November 30, 2007
MIAMI -- Local 10 has learned Miami-Dade police homicide detectives are in Fort Myers looking at two or three peoplewho may be linked to the shooting death of Washington ******** safety and former University of Miami Hurricanes star Sean Taylor.Local 10's Rad Berky isreporting that investigators are treating the lead as a possible major break in the case.Investigators removed a large amount of physical evidence fromTaylor's Palmetto Bay home after he was shot early Monday morning. Berky has learned that evidence can place the two or three people in thehouse.Miami-Dade police spokeswoman Lt. Nancy Perez would only confirm that homicide detectives are in Fort Myers, but she would not say why.

[h1]http://www.miamiherald.com/854/story/326894.html
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]3 detained in Sean Taylor homicide[/h1]
[h5]Posted on Fri, Nov. 30, 2007[/h5]
Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
[h3]BY MANNY GARCIA AND DAVID OVALLE[/h3][h3][email protected][/h3]
Miami-Dade detectives have detained at least three people in Lee County for questioning in the death of Washington ******** football star Sean Taylor.

Investigators believe the young men learned of Taylor's house through someone who unwittingly set up the burglary by bragging about the footballstar's wealth.

The suspects include a teenager and two men in their 20s who hail from the Fort Myers area.

The former University of Miami star was not supposed to be home. While the ******** played in Tampa, he had come home to get a second medical opinion on hisinjured knee.

Florida Department of Law Enforcement agents and Miami-Dade homicide detectives picked up the young men Friday morning.

Taylor was shot early Monday by an intruder who surprised him in the bedroom of his Palmetto Bay home. He wielded a machete as he tried to protect hisfiancee, Jackie Garcia, and their 18-month-old baby girl. The two were hiding under the covers as Taylor was shot. One bullet pierced the wall. The otherstruck Taylor in the groin, severing his femoral artery and causing massive blood loss. He died later at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

[h1]Nice appreciation summary from Peter Rosenberg (Hot 97 VJ)

Rosenberg's World
[/h1]
Hip Hop, Sports, Wrestling, and Life

[h2]Incredible[/h2]November 28th, 2007

Just watch this and tell me Ronnie Lott and Ed Reed weren't thinking "oh sh*t" …

Posted in Uncategorized | No Comments »

[h2]Taylor was a Star for the Ages…[/h2]November 28th, 2007
PH2005072102117.jpg

Yesterday was a nightmare. Every ******* fan feels the same. You cannot get your mind off of the tragic death of Sean Taylor. It makes no sense. We don't know him personally. He just entertained us, right? Maybe he led a horrible life and this was bound to happen. That's what people keep saying to me-as if it helps. Maybe this 24 year old kid who occasionally made dumb decisiouns somehow brought this on himself. That's supposed to make me feel better? Does that somehow justify the death of a father? Of a son? Of an incredibly talented kid with everything in front of him? I don't think so.

I make mistakes. I can act like a ****. I'm sure I am capable of pissing off the wrong people (in fact I've been known to do that). I get older and smarter, though, and little by little, I think I improve as a person. That's what people are supposed to do. That is what Sean Taylor was doing. That is why he is so beloved by this organization and this city. Sean had flaws off the field, but he was good, and he could not possibly deserve the consequences he suffered.

On the football field, Sean didn't need to improve. He did constantly, but he could have stopped improving his rookie year and had a stellar career. He did improve, though. He changed his game. He went from a blitzing run stopper who could knock your block off to a coverage safey who was a threat to pick the ball off at all times and could STILL knock your block off.

_b1p8984pg.jpg

I don't know how every Skins fan feels, but I know that over the last three years-no matter how bad it got, and only Skins fans can know what "bad" truly means-I kept thinking, "We still have Sean Taylor". We still had the best young defender in the league. We had a guy who made people think of Ronnie Lott, but then they remembered that this guy was faster than Lott, and he had better hands.
Was.

Had.

He is really gone.
I really can't emphasize this enough, though. Sean Taylor was the most impressive safety that I have EVER seen play. His combination of speed, hands, and power was the best that I personally have ever witnessed in football. He won the skins a playoff game in Tampa. He made key plays throughout every game of his short career. Remember his two interceptions off of Favre this year? Remember how he closed on the ball even when way behind on a play? He could have had five picks that day.
Sean Taylor didn't showboat. He didn't talk trash. In fact, he barely spoke at all. He wasn't on cribs. He wasn't at high profile parties. His base salary never even broke a million. He practiced hard, though. He played even harder. I constantly felt lucky to have him on my favorite team. I couldn't wait for the day that people everywhere knew that we had the best defender in the NFL. And I thought by that time Sean would be the model NFL player. The rest of the world would have known that he was more than a hard hitting thug. They know now-entirely too soon.

Posted in Uncategorized | 4 Comments »

[h2]Sean Taylor : 1983-2007[/h2]November 27th, 2007
TaylorPaper1024.jpg

All the prayer and vigils were not enough for Sean Taylor. Another talented young kid has been killed for absolutely no reason. He was the best player on the Washington ********. This feels no different for me than the loss of Biggie or Big L (Biggie also died at 24), or any other talented young man with a family who is struck down before his prime even began.

He will be missed by his family and friends for so many reasons. For myself and other Skins fans, he was the bright spot for the last several years. He was the one positive in a sea of inconsistency and negativity. His off the field drama always seemed less important than his effort and play on the field. Maybe we wanted to ignore the stuff or maybe he really was a great kid. His coaches and teammates loved him and he was a magnetic player to watch. He was a sure hall of famer in my eyes-one of the best I've ever seen play defense. I'm speechless.

Posted in Uncategorized | 11 Comments »

just and edit from my post above..lists their ages

[h1]3 detained in Sean Taylor homicide[/h1]
[h5]Posted on Fri, Nov. 30, 2007[/h5]
Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
[h3]BY MANNY GARCIA AND DAVID OVALLE[/h3][h3][email protected][/h3]
Miami-Dade detectives have detained two teenagers and a man in his 20s in Lee County for questioning in the death of Washington ******** football star SeanTaylor.

Investigators believe the young men learned of Taylor's house through someone who unwittingly set up the burglary by bragging about the footballstar's wealth.

The suspects include 17- and 19-year-olds and a 26-year-old. All hail from the Fort Myers area.

His combination of speed, hands, and power was the best that I personally have ever witnessed in football.
No doubt about that. I STILL cant believe that I will never see him play again. His swag was just as ridiculous as his talent.
tired.gif

Investigators believe the young men learned of Taylor's house through someone who unwittingly set up the burglary by bragging about the football star's wealth.
Finally some facts that make sense. I thought having an idea about what actually happened would make me feel better but I almost wish it was a hitcause then at least he wouldnt have died in vain and by pure circumstance its just sad all around but hopefully these guys have some info and this can besolved.
ohwell.gif

Thank God....there just needs to be closure to this tradegy. Teenagers SMH.....dude RUINED his life over a botched burglary.

hopefully, Bryan Pata's will be up next.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by earl lee87

wass all this "zo pound" stuff i'm hearin bout.??

Haitian gang out of So. Fla....
Sort of....Zo Pound is not just a "street gang" theyre more like the Haitian Mafia, theyre an organization. Drugs, gambling, ect. Funny thing is that alot of them have ties to city offcials because more and more city officials come from the hood.

I was telling my boys that them Haitains don't play and the fact that it was in Miami, it had to be some Haitians.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by earl lee87

wass all this "zo pound" stuff i'm hearin bout.??

Haitian gang out of So. Fla....
Sort of....Zo Pound is not just a "street gang" theyre more like the Haitian Mafia, theyre an organization. Drugs, gambling, ect. Funny thing is that alot of them have ties to city offcials because more and more city officials come from the hood.

I was telling my boys that them Haitains don't play and the fact that it was in Miami, it had to be some Haitians.

I heard about the 3 detained last night. Apparently, they have ties to people who live in Miami and I guess it looked like if they had some out-of-towners dosome dirty work, to get in and out quick. Pathetic you had to get kids to do a job like that.

To make a tough week even tougher, I just read over on ES that Shawn Springs' dad has passed away. RIP

sad...Springs was just talking yesterday or the day before about closure, which the Taylor family had - I think he was just referring to death itself...whichhe said he didn't have with his dad...R.I.P.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

To make a tough week even tougher, I just read over on ES that Shawn Springs' dad has passed away. RIP
Was he the former Cowboys player who donated his kidney to a former teammate of his, or is it the other way around?

On topic, good to see the police got 3 suspects in the case. Hopefully they get what they deserve.

Back
Top Bottom