**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 46-37 | v. Twins, O's and Jays |

for reference Brad miller scored a 6.1
Seager: 13
Cano: -1.6
Zunino: 9
AJax: -6.3
Ackley: 1.8

reading in the MLB thread about how Fangraphs is so great and thats why Kluber > Felix last year

Yall see fangraphs rating on Brad Miller's defense? apparently he is above average and the 14th best defensive SS in all of baseball :rofl:

:lol: That #%&^ is all a joke. Anyone that takes a guy who started 0-5 with a 5+ era over a guy who has been as good as Felix for the last forever odd years, ok sure buddy.

8-1 with 1.9 ERA before last night, nah I'll take the guy with the higher loljk metrics :lol:

for reference Brad miller scored a 6.1
Seager: 13
Cano: -1.6
Zunino: 9
AJax: -6.3
Ackley: 1.8
I remember pointing out how surprised I was on how good defensively they had him ranked last year...he may have been even listed higher iirc.

**** yeah Z!

I'm fired up now too. 
roll.gif

First two reach base for your 3, 4 and 5 hitters. What do you want?  A weak fly, no advancement. A strong fly, but two outs now. Then Seager tries to bunt...Whatever, man.

reading in the MLB thread about how Fangraphs is so great and thats why Kluber > Felix last year

Yall see fangraphs rating on Brad Miller's defense? apparently he is above average and the 14th best defensive SS in all of baseball :rofl:

:lol: That #%&^ is all a joke. Anyone that takes a guy who started 0-5 with a 5+ era over a guy who has been as good as Felix for the last forever odd years, ok sure buddy.

8-1 with 1.9 ERA before last night, nah I'll take the guy with the higher loljk metrics :lol:
DRS and UZR/150 are the only defensive metrics I pay attention to.

And hey, a guy that can start a year poorly and finish it with an era sub 2.50 is impressive as hell. Shows how dominant he had to be to get back on track.

You gotta use all these metrics together with traditional stats to get the entire story. Indians have one of the worst defenses in baseball so a lot of Kluber's rough outings could've been exasperated by his fielders taking poor routes (hence the better fielder independent numbers). I like looking at FIP- as well since that factors in ballparks.

Back
Top Bottom