**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 52-45 | ALL STAR BREAK |

Bases Loaded. No Outs..ugh

Edit: Cruz was so close..welp

Happy 4th yall

Last edited:
Unbelievable... 
mean.gif

I cant believe he's an all-star this year.

and Micheal Saunders leading the final vote to be an All-Star

Paxton screwing up the double play..

FML

francis.png

I can't believe a lot of things. I can't believe Trumbo is one of the best mashers in baseball after what he gave us. I can't believe what we got in return for Trumbo. I can't believe our former closer had a 0 ERA for much of the season while our current closer was losing games left and right. I can't believe how badly Nelson Cruz regressed in just one season. I can't believe how many errors Seager, a gold glover, keeps committing. I can't believe Servais didn't stick with Paxton last night for a CG. I can't believe we pay Adam Lind to stink it up so much.

:smh: All I ask for is winning baseball, consistent baseball. Sweep the O's and then turn around and blow chunks.

I can't believe a lot of things. I can't believe Trumbo is one of the best mashers in baseball after what he gave us. I can't believe what we got in return for Trumbo. I can't believe our former closer had a 0 ERA for much of the season while our current closer was losing games left and right. I can't believe how badly Nelson Cruz regressed in just one season. I can't believe how many errors Seager, a gold glover, keeps committing. I can't believe Servais didn't stick with Paxton last night for a CG. I can't believe we pay Adam Lind to stink it up so much.

mean.gif
All I ask for is winning baseball, consistent baseball. Sweep the O's and then turn around and blow chunks.
Nelly Regressed? 

Nelly's 1st half last year was worse than this year. 

2015 1st half http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=cruzne02&year=2015&t=b#half

In fact overall, Cruz is on pace and in fact ahead of pace in comparison to 2015 

[table][tr][td]  [/td][td]GS[/td][td]HR[/td][td]RBI[/td][td]BB[/td][td]SO[/td][td]BA[/td][td]OBP[/td][td]SLG[/td][td]OPS[/td][/tr][tr][td]2015 1st Half[/td][td]87[/td][td]21[/td][td]53[/td][td]33[/td][td]84[/td][td]0.308[/td][td]0.373[/td][td]0.546[/td][td]0.919[/td][/tr][tr][td]2015 2nd Half[/td][td]65[/td][td]23[/td][td]40[/td][td]26[/td][td]80[/td][td]0.294[/td][td]0.365[/td][td]0.592[/td][td]0.957[/td][/tr][tr][td]2015 Total ★[/td][td]152[/td][td]44[/td][td]93[/td][td]59[/td][td]164[/td][td]0.302[/td][td]0.369[/td][td]0.566[/td][td]0.936[/td][/tr][tr][td]2016 thus far[/td][td]84[/td][td]23[/td][td]58[/td][td]37[/td][td]89[/td][td]0.277[/td][td]0.362[/td][td]0.544[/td][td]0.906[/td][/tr][/table]

In homers sure. Stats don't tell the whole story here. Remember the countless GIDP? Striking out with the bases loaded over and over, just needing to put the ball in play in that game against Houston, little things like that he was good for in '15. He chases out of the k zone more, swings at more outside breaking balls, average is down, k totals up, etc

GIDP can be accredited to the fact that players are actually on base. :lol: just look at how many more times Cano is on plus what we get from Ketel and Smith/guti

Not to mention Cruz was arguably the best hitter in baseball in the first half last year. Y'all didn't expect those crazy numbers again I hope

In homers sure. Stats don't tell the whole story here. Remember the countless GIDP? Striking out with the bases loaded over and over, just needing to put the ball in play in that game against Houston, little things like that he was good for in '15. He chases out of the k zone more, swings at more outside breaking balls, average is down, k totals up, etc

No not just HRs, he's got more bumps, RBI and Walks then he did at this time last year. He's been on base literally 3 or 4 times less this year but his slugging % is within 2 points.

You are perceiving that he's not as good but he's almost EXACTLY the same guy.

I think it's fitting that on the last day before the break, there we sat at .500 with a chance to close out the half at either a game over or under. I'm anxious, curious, even a little optimistic believe it or not. We've seen what this team can amount to when playing up to their potential..then they'll have stretches of games, like in June, where even the basic fundamentals eludes them and they look lost. Curious to see if they can finally assemble the rotation and BP they've tried to put together since spring training. Injuries have been a *****. More this year than any other I can remember in recent history. Health permitting - the pieces are there. Just gotta put the pieces in place.

Baserunning, hitting with risp, just a couple of big things needing improvement. Dipoto is likely to be active at the deadline. Would love a reliever/bat.

Another thing I wanted to touch on is our minor league system. Highest win % combined in all of baseball. Huge surprise considering the state of some of the clubs. I think it's very important instilling a winning 'pedigree' throughout the organization. I have no doubt it goes in hand with the rise and development of a lot of young talent. Kyle lewis, Tyler O'Neil, dj Peterson, Pablo Lopez, among others heading the charge.

I apologize if that was all over the place like I'm rambling :lol:. Haven't had a chance to talk M's in a minute.

@Kevin_Martinez
On this day in 1994, @Nike ran this ad in @USATODAY. Jr. went 2-3 w/ a double and a RBI in the All-Star Game. #JrHOF pic.twitter.com/dHfVA0FfSH

CnLRNF5VIAA61Ee.jpg:large

Back
Top Bottom