**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 52-45 | ALL STAR BREAK |

5.2 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 7 K

CnddymGVIAAHazh.jpg:large

Hope this team doesn't try and buy at the deadline. They need more help than they can get. Oldest team in the league and yet they have tendencies to look like a bunch of idiots who've never played the game before. 

Couldn't care less if Felix and Tai come back, heard Felix isn't even topping 90 mph
mean.gif

Situational hitting and base running is the worst I've seen from any mariners team in recent memory.  Bases were loaded THREE times yesterday and they get a whopping ZERO runs from it. Collectively grounding into five double plays, too.

And a recent tweet from lookout landing sums things up perfectly:
 Every single game the Mariners give up outs on the bases and/or let opponents run wild. A huge part of the game and they are terrible at it.
I'd be fine if they never attempted a stolen base again. Clearly it's a struggle if every time Marte wants to steal a bag he gets hurt, or if Martin wants to take off but is so late he doesn't even bother to slide into 2nd. Lets not forget the highlight reel that is Nori Aoki. I dont think he's stolen a bag all year.

Lastly, hearing Seager and other guys (Servais included) talk about how they're tired and need a 'mental break' is BS
sick.gif
. Like, W.T.F...you just had a week off with the AS break and thats your excuse for coming out flat to start the second half of the year? Wheres the urgency? Accountability? 
 "Come Monday, I think you'll see an entirely new team come out of that dugout," said Mariners skipper Scott Servais in his post-game comments.
bruh. 
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom