SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

Definitely dont deserve their numbers retired... they helped pull the franchise out of a dark time but they werent all time legends. The only jerseys the hawks have retired are Largent, Tez, 12s, and Walter. Hall of famers.

I could see a few current players will potential to join them one day, but a big part of that would be to stay with the Hawks, stay healthy, and not have a drop off in production. Im thinking Earl, Bobby, Russ, and possibly Kam/Sherm. Im not sure Kam and Sherm can keep their play at an elite level for much longer. I dont think Marshawn has earned it yet and it looks like times running out for him which sucks.

Earl Thomas has a very good chance to be in the actual Pro Football Hall of Fame, so he certainly deserves a jersey retirement. Sherman could get his jersey retired. At this point, I'd say Kam and Sherm get ring of honor due to being part of the LOB, Earl gets his number retired, and Wagner might get in the ring. As for Wilson, who knows.

The dumb part of all of this is that Earl Thomas is the best football player on the team, and has been through their whole run. And, it's not really even close. But because he doesn't get the highlight reels or press like Kam and Sherman, he doesn't stand out as much. I feel like he's going to be punished for that in some way.

Jimmy reaction to Rawls
laugh.gif

For you, do you go with Shaun or Marshawn?
not to open this can of worms but shaun was a good back and the OL made him look great. Marshawn is simply a great back, period. IMO marshawn as a player is a HOF level player, unfortunately he probably wont have the longevity needed to seal that up.
Both belong in the ring of honor, but marshawn>>>> shaun easily

Last edited:
Not really a can of worms, it's a fact :lol: Steve Hutchinson leaving was brutal, which pretty much directly led to Shaun being injured, then us having to suffer through the Julius Jones/TJ Duckett years

Shaun behind the lines Marshawn has run behind would be mediocre to good, at best. Marshawn behind the 2005 offensive line might have been the greatest running back who ever lived lol.

Yall realize Shaun played more than 2005? He was beast before that as well with lines that weren't as good as the 05 line. Let's also not forget that this line Marshawn has ran behind is supposed to be a good run blocking line

Yall realize Shaun played more than 2005? He was beast before that as well with lines that weren't as good as the 05 line. Let's also not forget that this line Marshawn has ran behind is supposed to be a good run blocking line

I just used 2005 as a litmus test, but the lines before that were plenty good. Shaun was drafted only one season before Hutch, and ran behind him and Walt for five years. As soon as that left side broke up, Shaun fell apart.

Also, I'll take Lynch over Shaun any day for the simple fact he can actually catch a pass.

I just used 2005 as a litmus test, but the lines before that were plenty good. Shaun was drafted only one season before Hutch, and ran behind him and Walt for five years. As soon as that left side broke up, Shaun fell apart.

Also, I'll take Lynch over Shaun any day for the simple fact he can actually catch a pass.

That line was the exact same except Hutch got replaced by Womack I believe. Which is a pretty good player in his own right
Lets not also forget Shaun had a broken foot in 06 and ran for 200 yards in one game on that foot
As great as Hutch was he didn't play all 5 positions and this team still had Walt, Floyd, Locklear, Gray, Tobeck and Mack Strong at FB
Shaun also has more receptions than Shawn in less games started
Shaun's body broke down on him, which honestly shouldn't be a surprise when you look at how many times he ran the ball, and the same thing is happening to Shawn right now. At the same age as well
I could go on forever about this :lol:

That line was the exact same except Hutch got replaced by Womack I believe. Which is a pretty good player in his own right
Lets not also forget Shaun had a broken foot in 06 and ran for 200 yards in one game on that foot
As great as Hutch was he didn't play all 5 positions and this team still had Walt, Floyd, Locklear, Gray, Tobeck and Mack Strong at FB
Shaun also has more receptions than Shawn in less games started
Shaun's body broke down on him, which honestly shouldn't be a surprise when you look at how many times he ran the ball, and the same thing is happening to Shawn right now. At the same age as well
I could go on forever about this :lol:

The team literally had to pull Shaun out of 3rd-and-long plays because he couldn't catch balls reliably. They basically told the defense what they were doing. That was their Achilles heel in his prime. Marshawn is just a better back than Shaun. I don't know what else to say. If Marshawn had the line Shaun got to run behind for those five years, we're talking about one of the best backs in NFL history.

I finally agree with something that Tony Dungy actually said, "Seattle has to be an offensive threat now." This defense is just getting carved up.

Hawks badly needed this win and I'm glad they got it. The Graham injury sucks. Even though we barely used him, when we did, he made critical catches. Other dudes stepped up though, along with the defense making big plays I'm crunch time. The o line helped out too, but will need to be even better moving forward.

This win also helped the Texans out :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
I really don't see myself taking my kids to NFL game anytime soon, not atleast til they much older

Back
Top Bottom