SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

What he brings:
Reed is the best run-stopping defensive tackle in this class. He plays with excellent leverage and has the anchor, along with the upper-body power, to eat up space as a two-gapper at the next level. He shows heavy and active hands discarding blocks when tied up in a phone booth. He doesn't have great production as a pass-rusher, but he wasn't asked to rush the passer within his defensive scheme at Alabama. Reed has shown the ability to push the pocket from the interior. He will instantly upgrade the interior of the defensive line. -- Kevin Weidl

How he fits:
The 19th ranked player on our board and the top available player, Reed is an excellent value. He also fills a need as Seattle needed to add depth at defensive tackle with Brandon Mebane signing with San Diego and Jordan Hill battling a toe injury late in the 2015 season. Reed is an outstanding run defender whose toughness and strength make him a good for Seattle's stout front, plus he has some upside as a pass-rusher. -- Steve Muench

JCMojica24 JCMojica24 Alex Collins :pimp:

Love the prosise and vannett picks too. They all fit immediate needs and are good players on top of that...idk about the surprise pick from Boise but you already know that's a Tom cable pick.

Pass rush dt in the 4th which they moved up for too. I'm in love with the entire draft [emoji]128516[/emoji]

JCMojica24 JCMojica24 Alex Collins :pimp:

Love the prosise and vannett picks too. They all fit immediate needs and are good players on top of that...idk about the surprise pick from Boise but you already know that's a Tom cable pick.

Pass rush dt in the 4th which they moved up for too. I'm in love with the entire draft [emoji]128516[/emoji]

My dude Alex Collins :smokin :smokin

Pete and John must be lurking the thread

Not a fan of a rb and a te. But whatever

Dont know much about Prosise but Im digging the Vannett pick. (Maybe because I feel sorry for him being an M's fan too)

Filled all the top needs throughout the draft, satisfied af.

Last edited:
Nice draft by the Hawks'. I always think we can do better (everyone's saying Jack is an elite game changing player) but I have trust in Schnieder and Pete and there ability has to not only evaluate but develop. Only complain is we could/should of got more help on the O-line. We need to protect Russel. Also I want to see how we do in the running game without the tackle breaking abilities of Beastmode.
I know we did good when he has been out with injury but I want to see how we do with him as a 3-down back over the long haul.

Ifedi
Rees from Boise state
Hunt
Nick vannett 'best blocking te' per schneider and Carroll.

I think they have addressed the oline accordingly. Should have 2, maybe 3 day 1 starters on the line.

Nate Tepp
18m18 minutes ago
Nate Tepp ‏@natetepp
@FieldGulls On Hunt: didn't allow a single sack or hit on the quarterback in 445 pass-block snaps last season.

@FieldGulls Also on Hunt: Pro Football Focus sees TCU C Joey Hunt as "arguably the best pass protector in this class."

He's small at sub 300 lbs but he's an athlete. Came in at dt, played guard and center for TCU.

ChUwWKnWgAA1wkw.jpg

Kenny Lawler :pimp:

Christine Michael can't be a happy camper right now [emoji]128514[/emoji]

They killed this draft. I'm still worried about interior pass rush. Need the Jefferson to hit

"We will start Germain Ifedi inside but we have options with him and J'Marcus Webb at RT. We'll see how it plays out"

@PeteCarroll

Yea we did man. Reed was an outstanding pic in the
second round. It seemed like ever analyst out there had him as first round talent plus he played against legit NFL ready talent in the SEC. Out first round pick is a beast, dude is 6'5" 340 and if he desires will get much stronger/leaner with the Hawks guidance.
I still don't understand why they didn't do more for the O-line this offseason-we got killed last year and we lost OKUNG in free agency plus another starter. Cable can only do so much..the O-line is the foundation of the offense. I have faith in Carrol/Schnider but damn we are thin up front. Our passing game will be that much more elite this year with a healthy Grahm, Baldwin and Keaae and a more experienced Lockett. Another reason why we need a strong O-line to protect our investments. Especially with Lynch not in the fold and him no longer making the linebackers and safety's creep up in the box.

They killed this draft. I'm still worried about interior pass rush. Need the Jefferson to hit

"We will start Germain Ifedi inside but we have options with him and J'Marcus Webb at RT. We'll see how it plays out"

@PeteCarroll

You check out the UDFA group? Defense heavy. Complete opposite in terms of personnel of the draft but it's loaded with athleticism - some saying it could be the best group schneider and Carroll put together.

Christian French, LB, Oregon
Brandin Bryant, DT, FAU
Darvell Harris, CB, North Alabama
David Perkins, DE/OLB, Illinois State
Deontrae Cooper, WR, Colorado State-Pueblo
George Fant, TE, Western Kentucky
DeAndre Elliot, CB, CSU
Tre Madden, RB, USC
Steve Longa, LB, Rutgers
Tyvis Powell, FS, Ohio State
Trevone Boykin, QB, TCU
Tanner McEvoy, TE, Wisconsin
DeAnthony Arnett, WR, Michigan State
Lars Koht, DT, FIU
Lene Maiava, OL, Arizona
Devin Fosselman, WR, Jackson State
Taniela Tupou, DL, Washington

Rookie Mini-Camp invites:

Nick Holt, LB, Western Kentucky, got an invite to the Seahawks rookie camp.
Denzel Thompson, DB, Southeastern Louisiana, got an invite to camp as a tryout player.
Chad West, OL, Cincinnati, will get a tryout.
Chris Edwards, OLB, Idaho has been invited to rookie camp for a tryout.
A.J. Karlen, DE/OLB, Wisconsin-Stevens Point, looks like he might have a tryout with the Seahawks.
Vernon Adams, QB, Oregon, will get a tryout at the rookie mini-camp
Jake heaps, QB, byu

Last edited:
I think Adams has an outside shot of being 3rd QB. Trevone Boykin is in a prime spot to earn backup da QB job. Signed with a $15k bonus...if I'm not mistaken that's what Baldwin signed for [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Seahawks rookie numbers:
Ifedi: 76
Reed: 93
Prosice: 22
Vannett: 81
Odhiambo: 70
Jefferson: 92
Collins: 36
Hunt:: 53
Lawler: 11
Brooks: 30

A lot of familiar numbers

Feel good about this draft.

Just got back from Vegas and did my annual $100 bet for the Seahawks to win it all. Got it at 8-1. Better than when I actually won it at 6-1 :smokin

Back
Top Bottom