SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I will be catching this on nfl short cuts, maaaaaaaaaan it was nice seeing that final score
like that

[h2]Seahawks' Tarvaris Jackson battling 'high-grade strain' of pectoral[/h2]

• Comments 1
  • #
  • #

By Nate Davis, USA TODAY

Updated 1d 1h ago

The Seattle Seahawks have entered their bye week, but there's no guarantee they'll have QB Tarvaris Jackson on the other side of it.

Seahawks QB Tarvaris Jackson didn't make it through Week 5 after injuring a chest muscle.

http://i.usatoday.net/_co...ages/caption0.gif") no-repeat scroll left center transparent;">CAPTION

By Mike Stobe, Getty Images

He was injured in Sunday's upset of the Giants, sustaining what coach Pete Carroll struggled to describe as a "high-grade strain" of his right pectoral (chest) muscle.

"Well, you know what that is, it's that it's higher than low-grade," said Carroll. "Since I've never said that there's a high-grade strain before, I've certainly never said that there's a low-grade strain, so I have no point of reference to help you at all at this point."

Carroll said Jackson had an MRI Monday and felt better though he wasn't going to be throwing anytime soon. The coach didn't rule out surgery, which would probably end Jackson's season, but says the current plan is stick with physical rehab. Carroll seemed to kid that he was upset at Jackson for getting injured on a play when he ran the ball.

Unless Jackson has to go on IR, the team will stick with Charlie Whitehurst, who played well in relief Sunday, as the starter and rookie Josh Portis (Clinton's cousin) as the backup.

And what if Whitehurst, who many Seattle fans have been clamoring for, stakes a strong claim to the job?

"There's some talk about if that makes a controversy. Well, is it controversial that you have two quarterbacks that can play?" asked Carroll. "I think it's great that we do. Fortunately we're in that situation where if Tarvaris can't go, then Charlie will play. But we're going to hold off and Tarvaris will have a chance to get back, we'll just have to see how the rehab goes."

Carroll went on to add: "There's no controversy in this building. You guys can have all the one you want. I think it's controversial to have two really good quarterbacks."

See photos of: NFL, Seattle Seahawks, Pete Carroll, Tarvaris Jackson

Sucks for T-Jack, he was coming along better the last couple games

http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/Tarvaris+Jackson

[h2]Seahawks' Tarvaris Jackson battling 'high-grade strain' of pectoral[/h2]

• Comments 1
  • #
  • #

By Nate Davis, USA TODAY

Updated 1d 1h ago

The Seattle Seahawks have entered their bye week, but there's no guarantee they'll have QB Tarvaris Jackson on the other side of it.

Seahawks QB Tarvaris Jackson didn't make it through Week 5 after injuring a chest muscle.

http://i.usatoday.net/_co...ages/caption0.gif") no-repeat scroll left center transparent;">CAPTION

By Mike Stobe, Getty Images

He was injured in Sunday's upset of the Giants, sustaining what coach Pete Carroll struggled to describe as a "high-grade strain" of his right pectoral (chest) muscle.

"Well, you know what that is, it's that it's higher than low-grade," said Carroll. "Since I've never said that there's a high-grade strain before, I've certainly never said that there's a low-grade strain, so I have no point of reference to help you at all at this point."

Carroll said Jackson had an MRI Monday and felt better though he wasn't going to be throwing anytime soon. The coach didn't rule out surgery, which would probably end Jackson's season, but says the current plan is stick with physical rehab. Carroll seemed to kid that he was upset at Jackson for getting injured on a play when he ran the ball.

Unless Jackson has to go on IR, the team will stick with Charlie Whitehurst, who played well in relief Sunday, as the starter and rookie Josh Portis (Clinton's cousin) as the backup.

And what if Whitehurst, who many Seattle fans have been clamoring for, stakes a strong claim to the job?

"There's some talk about if that makes a controversy. Well, is it controversial that you have two quarterbacks that can play?" asked Carroll. "I think it's great that we do. Fortunately we're in that situation where if Tarvaris can't go, then Charlie will play. But we're going to hold off and Tarvaris will have a chance to get back, we'll just have to see how the rehab goes."

Carroll went on to add: "There's no controversy in this building. You guys can have all the one you want. I think it's controversial to have two really good quarterbacks."

See photos of: NFL, Seattle Seahawks, Pete Carroll, Tarvaris Jackson

Sucks for T-Jack, he was coming along better the last couple games

http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/Tarvaris+Jackson

Damnit!!!! I want Tarvaris to play. He was making MAJOR strides these past few games sans the ugly interception throw last game. He's a warrior though I think he'll be good by the next game.

Damnit!!!! I want Tarvaris to play. He was making MAJOR strides these past few games sans the ugly interception throw last game. He's a warrior though I think he'll be good by the next game.

This is what I was afraid of with TJax. If he can play, he will though.

If Charlie plays and happens to play well all game, I will dread listening to sports radio.

This is what I was afraid of with TJax. If he can play, he will though.

If Charlie plays and happens to play well all game, I will dread listening to sports radio.

Guess we have to wait and see how bad this is, doesnt seem like anyone knows how bad it is yet but I've seen "Season Ending" around. Could end up being the same injury Mario Williams of Houston has
30t6p3b.gif

Sorry Paul, That wave is starting to rise all this week
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Guess we have to wait and see how bad this is, doesnt seem like anyone knows how bad it is yet but I've seen "Season Ending" around. Could end up being the same injury Mario Williams of Houston has
30t6p3b.gif

Sorry Paul, That wave is starting to rise all this week
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Curry was to be one of the biggest underwhelming disappointments ever. Makes me wish we didn't
release Tatupu. Bad knees are not, he was still out there busting his @^#.

So ummm....what happened to Mike Williams? Is he hurt? I haven't noticed him doing anything.

Curry was to be one of the biggest underwhelming disappointments ever. Makes me wish we didn't
release Tatupu. Bad knees are not, he was still out there busting his @^#.

So ummm....what happened to Mike Williams? Is he hurt? I haven't noticed him doing anything.

Ahhh ok, just wasn't sure. He had a great comeback year and I was hoping he would keep it going.
I remember when they first signed him, all I could think about was the 330 pound Mike Williams that
was on the Titans, and wanted no part of him. Great to see he got remotivated and turned himself
around.

Ahhh ok, just wasn't sure. He had a great comeback year and I was hoping he would keep it going.
I remember when they first signed him, all I could think about was the 330 pound Mike Williams that
was on the Titans, and wanted no part of him. Great to see he got remotivated and turned himself
around.

Back
Top Bottom