SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

Getting juiced for the upcoming season! I think Russell will be the starter and Bruce will be very good.

Getting juiced for the upcoming season! I think Russell will be the starter and Bruce will be very good.

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

Don't hold your breath on that

Sucks that this means the end of Josh Portis most likely

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

I know he has to prove he is a starter...but he is a proven winner and leader. And I dont think his height is that much of a problem considering he played behind one of the biggest O-lines in the country, NFL included.

I know he has to prove he is a starter...but he is a proven winner and leader. And I dont think his height is that much of a problem considering he played behind one of the biggest O-lines in the country, NFL included.

[h2]Seahawks agree with Irvin, seven other draft choices[/h2]
Posted by Danny O'Neil

Bruce Irvin was the first first-round pick to sign a contract with the team that chose him, but hardly the last draft choice to agree to a deal with Seattle as seven others also have agreements in place with thet eam.
The Seahawks announced Monday afternoon that eight of the 10 players chosen in the 2012 draft have agreed to terms, which means its actually easier to point out who's not agreed yet -- fourth-round picks Robert Turbin of Utah State and Jaye Howard of Florida -- than the eight who have.

For the record, here's the eight players who've reached agreements with Seattle: Irvin, LB Bobby Wagner of Utah State, QB Russell Wilson of Wisconsin, LB Korey Toomer of Idaho, CB Jeremy Lane of Northwestern State, S Malcolm Winston Guy of Kentucky, OL J.R. Sweezy of North Carolina State and DE Greg Scruggs of Louisville.

Bruce Irvin
I'm just ready to work the money is cool. If you took the money away I still would play this game for free! #WVU #12thman

http://twitter.com/#!/Spence_Suspense

Welp, he's getting a shot for it at least

[h1][/h1]
[h1]QB Wilson in running to start[/h1]
Russell Wilson joined the quarterback conversation as soon as the Seahawks chose him in the third round of this year's NFL draft. It took him just...

By Danny O'Neil

Seattle Times staff reporter

RENTON — Russell Wilson joined the quarterback conversation as soon as the Seahawks chose him in the third round of this year's NFL draft.

It took him just a little bit longer to officially join the competition for the starting job.

"He's shown us enough," coach Pete Carroll said Sunday. "We need to see where he fits in."

The coach made that declaration as Seattle concluded its three-day minicamp for rookies, and Carroll was clear that Wilson will be the third candidate under consideration for the starting job along with the incumbent, Tarvaris Jackson, and free-agent addition Matt Flynn.

Carroll offered no specifics on how the competition would be structured and no estimate on a timetable for a decision, but suggested some patience.

"It's going to take us a long time to do this," Carroll said. "It's going to be frustrating for you guys. You're going to keep asking and want to know. I'm just going to be more patient than you can imagine as we go through this process, and we'll just figure it out when we do."

A year ago, Carroll installed Jackson as the starter from the first day of training camp instead of opting for the head-to-head competition with Charlie Whitehurst most expected. Carroll attributed that decision to Jackson's familiarity with the playbook of offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell — whom Jackson played for in Minnesota — and the compressed offseason.

Now, Carroll is setting up a three-way competition after seeing enough from Wilson the past three days to believe the rookie from Wisconsin merits consideration.

"He did an excellent job of demonstrating that he prepared for this," Carroll said of Wilson at the minicamp.

Wilson was drafted out of Wisconsin at No. 75 overall. While that's the highest pick the franchise has used on a quarterback since Rick Mirer was chosen No. 2 overall in 1993, a third-round pick is hardly a guarantee of opportunity. Seattle drafted David Greene in the third round in 2005, and released him two years later before he appeared in a game.

Wilson is a different caliber of prospect, someone who played in a West Coast offense first at North Carolina State and then last year at Wisconsin. He was one of the three quarterbacks who participated in Seattle's rookie minicamp, and the fact that a team's veterans are no longer permitted to participate in those practices meant Wilson took the vast majority of snaps.

Carroll estimated Wilson ran 500 plays over the three days, and attempted 400 passes, and there was only one time the coach could recall the player stumbling over the verbiage to set up the play.

"That's an amazing load we threw on him," Carroll said, "but he handled it like he has been here. That was a great first sign just about his willingness to prepare and his ability to hold all the information."

Wilson said that his transition in transferring from NC State to Wisconsin helped prepare him for adjusting to a new offense in Seattle. But that command is just the first step in getting up to speed in the NFL.

"I'm trying to learn all the nuances of the quarterback position here," Wilson said Friday. "I know the plays enough, but I'm trying to learn the ins and outs and whys of football. That's something that I have to do every day."

Carroll was asked whether the team expected Wilson would compete for the starting job immediately on the night the Seahawks drafted him.

"I'd hoped," Carroll said. "We confirmed it in these three days. He left really no question about he needs to be involved in the competition."

Welcome to the 3rd slot on the depth chart Tjack

^Hopefully the 3rd slot means Tavaris is looking for another job, and Josh Portis sticks around.

They just got Kellen Winslow for a undisclosed pick in next years draft. Love the move! Very solid pickup. This news has made the day somewhat better, god I @$#@#$#@ hate Oklahoma.

Great pick up 
pimp.gif

Thursday in Hawkville: QB competition continues
matt-flynn.jpg

A recap of the activities in the Seahawks’ OTA practice for May 24:

FOCUS ON

The quarterbacks. Pete Carroll wasn’t kidding when he said that incumbent Tarvaris Jackson, free-agent addition Matt Flynn and third-round draft choice Russell Wilson would compete for the starting job.

And the actions of the team’s third-year coach during the first week of the team’s OTA practices have spoken even louder than his word. Today, Wilson was first in the rotation. Wednesday, it was Flynn. Tuesday, it was Jackson.

“We’re rotating all the guys,

Anyone trying to check out training camp this year? I was thinking I'd like to head over there a few days to watch this "competition."

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/...-of-rape-brian-banks-to-try-out-for-seahawks/
Report: Exonerated of rape, Brian Banks to try out for Seahawks

Share36

Brian Banks exits court after his kidnap-rape conviction was dismissed May 24 in Long Beach, Calif. (AP Photo/Long Beach Press-Telegram/Brittany Murray)
Brian Banks spent five years in prison for a rape he didn’t commit. Now, after being exonerated of his rape charge, the former top prep prospect is trying out for the Seattle Seahawks, according to ESPN.
Updated 2:42 p.m.: The Seahawks have confirmed that Banks will try out with the Seahawks on June 7.

Banks’ conviction was overturned last week after the alleged victim, a high-school acquaintance, admitted that the decade-old sexual encounter was consensual. Then 16, he had pleaded no contest at the advice of his lawyer. For years, the woman didn’t want to risk a $1.5 million judgment she won in connection to the 2002 case.

Back then, Banks was a star linebacker at Long Beach Polytechnic High School and was being recruited by several powerhouse college football programs. Before the rape accusation, he had committed to USC when Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll was with the Trojans.

Carroll is still interested in Banks, it seems — he will work out with the Seahawks on June 7, Banks told ESPN’s Rick Reilly.

“I’ll make ‘em happy,

[h2] [/h2]
[h2]Banks offered minicamp tryout [/h2]
120607-banks-600.jpg

Brian Banks was offered a tryout at the Seahawks’ minicamp next week after completing a workout for the team this morning.

Banks said he would talk with his representatives before making a decision whether to accept the invitation because he already had told other teams – including the Chiefs and Dolphins – that he also would work out for them.

“Right now, my plan is to go back (to Southern California) and speak with my agent to just get everything squared away and just take it from there,

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Report: Antonio Bryant to get tryout in Seattle[/h2]
Posted by Danny O'Neil
Antonio Bryant gets a chance with the Seahawks
By Jason La Canfora, CBS Sports
Wide receiver Antonio Bryant will get a tryout with the Seahawks at this week's minicamp, according to a report from Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports.

Bryant has been a really productive NFL receiver. At least he was four years ago when he had a career-high 1,248 yards receiving.

He also hasn't played the past two seasons. The Bengals signed him in 2010 to a significant contract, which included some $8 million up front, but he never played a down for the team.

He has certainly had an eventful career since entering the NFL in 2002. A former winner of the Biletnikoff Award as the nation's top collegiate receiver, Bryant was chosen by the Cowboys in the second round out of Pitt. He later played for the Browns, the 49ers and the Buccaneers before the lost season in Cincinnati.

Along the way, he has thrown a sweaty jersey into the face of Bill Parcells, then his head coach (Dallas in 2004) and during his only season with the 49ers was arrested on suspicion of DUI after allegedly driving his orange Lamborghini faster than 100 mph. He was suspended four games by the NFL, and did not play at all the following year, though he did sue the NFL regarding its right to force him to submit to drug tests.

Now 31, Bryant has the same kind of chance that Mike Williams made the most of in Seattle two years ago, which is to resuscitate an NFL career that many have deemed to be over.

Pretty deep at WR already but who knows...

Originally Posted by dakid23

Just copped my plane ticket ticket! going to the Season opener in Arizona 
pimp.gif
Nice
pimp.gif

I can't wait for the season, I'll definitely be at a few home games

Wednesday in Hawkville: An ‘overwhelming’ experience for Banks
img_0499.jpg

A recap of the activities on the second day of the Seahawks’ three-day Bing minicamp:

FOCUS ON

Brian Banks. The latest stop on his exoneration tour was a return to Virginia Mason Athletic Center, where Banks began a two-day tryout with the Seahawks after he worked out for the team last Thursday.

“I didn’t even know if I was going to have a number or a jersey,

So excited for this season just as I am every year but I'm feeling it a bit more this time. September can't come soon enough.

And is Banks on the team? Or are they basically just letting him try out.

Letting him try out during the mini-camp

I'm not sure if he could be invited back to Training camp later on but we did end up signing a rookie LBer, so that could be the end of it for him with us

Back
Top Bottom